2006 Pontiac GTO consumer reviews

$31,290 starting MSRP
side view of 2006 GTO Pontiac
Explore the 2006 GTO Pontiac
Shop the 2006 GTO Pontiac

Great LS car for the money

Car is a great performance but I personally like the Fbody LS since I think it looks better and they're cheaper and lighter.

fine and fun

very nice style when lower to correct hight and styled with nice rims, 6L motor gives the car good power and scream, limited slip makes it fun to drive, car has a lot of heart.

LOVED IT

BEST SPORTS CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED. I WOULD GET 400 MILES TO A TANK OF GAS AND STILL HAVE PLENTY OF POWER. LOTS OF FUN TO DRIVE. EVEN MET MY WIFE WITH THE CAR LOL

4.4

Great Summer Car

A unique ride that offers very little options so all are fairly easy to compare with one another. The price is falling on these and they are fun little sleepers once you remove the wing. Modifying them is expensive.

Very quick and very dependable

I'ved owned a black/charcoal 2006 GTO now for nearly 10 years and have enjoyed its power and comfort. Mine has been very reliable with the only significant repair being a water pump replacement. Mine has 205K miles and it still drives great. Still on the first clutch. I've not once peeled out but I also don't baby it. When it comes time, I will simply rebuild the engine and trans.

brazen man

I've owned this 2006 gto for 3 years love every minute of driving it It's Brazen Metalic Orange for which there were only 171 made at all in that color in 2006 . I've found out I own the only one like in the state of NH I receive great comments all the time about it my girlfriend how can you stand to hear all those people talk about it I told her I love it . one guy said to me does that have a 6 in it I told him it has a corvette motor in it had to show him. I love the design of it the color handling music system I bought with 31,000 on it up 52,000 now with no major headaches the garage I have it serviced at love it I make sure I mark the mileage when I bring it for service . when I was a kid in the 60's didn't have the money to buy one now I'm 60 and enjoying it I still have a need for speed also It's oil under coated every year no rust a 64 year old gentleman owned it before I did didn't ever see winter . I do drive in winter goes great with traction control

2006 Goat

This will be my second, last generation GTO. I recently totaled my 2005 at the race track. I had to have another one. In my opinion the GTO is the most muscle car value for the money on the market today. They come only one way, loaded with power everything and leather interior. They are comfortable, powerful, and have potential to be a straight up street brawler. With a stock 400 HP 400 Ft LBS of torque LS2 they are great out of the box but with a few modifications like cam, intake, headers the LS2 engine is easily capable of over 500 crank horsepower and over 460 wheel horsepower. I know I did it with my 2005. The 2006 seems quite a bit tighter suspension wise than my 2005 even with upgraded sway bars and polyurethane suspension bushings. It has the optional 18" wheels. I haven't really looked under the car yet to see if anything is aftermarket or modified on the suspension. I just know these cars are excellent quality, have loads of power potential, and are pretty easy to modify. I love mine, again, and I would recommend a GTO to anyone looking for a great, top quality, muscle car at a great price.

buying my 2nd gto

After having my 1st 2006 gto totaled by a drunk driver, took a month to locate another. They are great cars with very unique styling (how many of these do you see on the road compared to GT mustangs), tremendous performance and (in my opinion) the most comfortable interior of any GM car. My first one had 95K miles with nothing outside of wear and tire items except a water pump change. Gas mileage is great for something with this much power, and like other performance cars, it requires a bit more maintenance than normal. You will go thru tires, gas.......but with a big smile on your face every time you push the gas pedal. Oh, by the way, last year of the GTO, Pontiac is gone, and only 14000 of the 2006 were made (in Australia)....can you say future collector classic!!!

Very fun and fast!!!

It's a great car with excellent pull and style! This car has things you wouldn't expect and is ahead of it's time... The only thing that is difficult is the shifter

06 GTO

Beyond expectations, reliable, understated, sleeper. I live near a Ferrari, Porsche, Mclaren dealerships where you can get a better car for 15-20 times the price...but you better push the pedal hard so you don't get shown up, and that is before inexpensive mods!