2007 Saturn Aura consumer reviews

side view of 2007 Aura Saturn
Explore the 2007 Aura Saturn
Shop the 2007 Aura Saturn
3.9

The Sports Sedan that Confused All.

Okay first the good: 1. Fast - Surprised a few unsuspecting BMW's and Infiniti's that were thinking otherwise. 2. Handling - Once again, put good tires on it and wow this thing will not let go. 3. Interior has some great features and look even better. 4. Seats actually hold you in place and the Cloth is HEATED!!!. 5. Good Gas Mileage - As long as you keep your foot out of it. Get 32 on the highway from Chicago to Milwaukee. Warranty - Powertrain warranty until 100,000. Okay now the bad: 1. Handling - If its wet, dont expect to go anywhere fast. 2. Looks - Front looks great but the back doors and trunk look like GM ran out of design money and said the h*ll with it. 3. Trunk - Too small of an opening, and just too small 4. Rear seats - No middle arm rest and a little cramped. 5. Expensive Tires - You can kill a set a year. 6. Reliability - Broken Drivers Seat, Intermediate steering shaft, sunroof, misc. trim pieces, and funky transmission shifting sometimes. 7. FRONT WHEEL DRIVE

3.6

Second Thoughts

I bought my 2007 Saturn Aura in August of 2010. I had just had horrible car wreck and my previous car was shredded to pieces. I wanted a car that would with stand wrecks a little better, I noticed it had an incredible wonderful crash rating so we jumped on what we thought was a good deal. While test driving, I noticed that it had incredibly low gas mileage. I asked the salesman and he said it was because he had been test driving it a lot and it drops because of it, I thought that was the dumbest excuse ever, but I ignored what ever thoughts came to mind. We purchased the car and I thought it was a great deal, it was sleek, stylish and a more mature look for me. The dealer flaked out with tenting my windows and when I went back he said he wouldn't do it anymore and that was the end of that. Gas mileage is pathetic. I have to seriously focus on how I use my gas pedal, because I use the city streets a lot for both of my jobs and I am lucky to get 18 miles to the gallon... IF I am lucky. Right now, I'm clocking about 16 to 17 miles per gallon. If I go on a long road trip, I can get up to 21, MAYBE 22 miles per gallon. If you enjoy filling up 50 bucks a week for less than 300 miles per tank... this is your car! I will say that I have been involved in 2 wrecks with this car, my car got very little damage while any car that hit mine was smashed. So I guess the car serviced my initial purpose. I am ready to get rid of my car, this car is definitely not an investment car. My fuel pump has stopped working, and it was quiet expensive to fix. Sometimes the roof leaks when I run my car through the car wash. I do wish I had not jumped into this purchase, I am no longer wanting this car.

4.1

great car

Great car. Only drawback is that the mpg is not as good as expected. This is for the 6 cylinder xr model. Everything else is top notch so far.

3.7

chevy malibeu for less money

if you c,ant or don,t want to buy a new malibu the saturn aura is just as good at half the price,they stoped making the aura but it really is the same car ,but abetter looking body

3.6

Warning !!!

I bought my Aura XR brand new ,Warning !! I love the looks of this car,The power ,But I warn you this car is your worse nightmare unless you like to keep giving Saturn & GM money ,There is a very big problem with the Stearing ,Air Bags, Brakes,electrical, Gm will not call these cars back ,They dont no how to fix the problem with the stearing, suspension,Just go online & See the problems that everyone has had & Saturn or I should say GM wont call these cars back.All GM is doing is waiting for your warranty to run out & charge you out your butt.

Very Happy Driver

I have had this car for over a month, after an accident ended my 03' sebring. I first saw this car on a dealer lot and was like is this a lexus, or acura?? then got closer to it and was like this is a Saturn? cool. I drove it around the city and loved it. it has the get up and go that the 252 hp v-6 gives this car. it can go on the highway too. have not used the auto-manual mode much but it is nice to try it on empty patch of road late at night..I read the reviews like on here about the fit and finish been poor but for a GM car it is very nice and smooth inside. great leather heated seats. all the extras for the price was very nice treat, I will love to add an additional 100k to 150k, great car I will keep for a long time.

4.0

own an 07,08,09

sleeper car not under the radar, fast car, can get the price way down,drive one and you will be hooked , all three of the auras i own i paid between 9500 to 13000 for the 09,with about 40000 miles on each. 100000 mile gm powertrain warranty as well

4.4

Great performance, awesome value!

I purchased my '07 Aura XR 3.6L six months ago and absolutely love this car! Motor Trend (3/7/07) tested this subtle beauty/beast and clocked 5.9 sec 0-60 times! Thats quick... besting so called american, european and japanese sport luxury sedans that may cost over 3x as much. Fully backed by GM and fully loaded...The Aura XR 3.6L is a killer bang for the buck...

Great car, but disappointing MPG

I love the car, but was disappointed by the low gas mileage. Approximately 85% of my driving is on the highway, yet I'm only getting 21-22 MPG. I love driving it, but am hesistant to because of the poor gas mileage.

Second-time Saturn owner

I bought this vehicle 2 months ago and am very happy with it so far. The power and handling are top-notch compared to my last Saturn (a 97' SL I bought new in college), although a 5- or 6-speed transmission would be better than the existing 4-speed. Handling in wet weather is good except for tire-spinning when accelerating quickly. Gas mileage seems to run between 18 and 24 mpg in mixed conditions, depending on how hard the engine is pushed. I would expect highway driving to be between 28 and 32 mpg, depending on average speed. Trip computer gives good feedback re: fuel efficiency. Cabin features are pleasing to the eye and touch - plush surfaces, up-to-date dash controls and instruments, roomy console compartments. Sound system is good... aux jack and mp3 disc reader a plus. Auto up and down for driver window is useful, as are extendable sun visors and dual 12V jacks. Power driver side bucket seat very comfortable, especially lumbar support. Not sure about the angle of the head rests, though (they all point down instead of up or neutral). Noise levels are extremely low - feels like I'm driving an Audi or a BMW. Exterior styling is a quantum leap over earlier models. The Aura has a sporty yet conservative look that I find very attractive. Trunk is spacious with elastic cargo netting - lid only opens slightly to keep opening sealed until fully raised (helpful during rainy weather, especially if trunk button accidentally pressed on key fob). Curves are well-placed, as are chrome accents. Midline apices (visible ridge down center of front and rear vehicle panels) seems to mimic Cadillac design. I agree with other reviews that the rear quarter of the vehicle is its best angle for viewing. Overall, the Aura is a great value for the money compared to the competition. I only wish I could buy another Saturn in 2020.