2007 Saturn Aura consumer reviews

side view of 2007 Aura Saturn
Explore the 2007 Aura Saturn
Shop the 2007 Aura Saturn

Best Car I have owned in a long time

I bought my Aura 3 mths ago because I had one as a rental and drove it all the way to Kentucky and back and it was great. Very reliable. VERY stylish inside and out. Mine has the 3.6 v6 and it has a lot of pickup. It doesn't feel like some wimpy little engine, it feels like it has power. I love it in every way.

3.4

Some Kinks Here and There

I love the sporty look of the Aura but I purchased the car brand new and it has been in for repair a few times. The dealership act like they do not know how to repair it. There is a rubbing sound when you turn the sterring wheel, they supposedly replaced a wheel bearing, but the sound started all over again shortly after. When the car is started, you hear a screeching sound. I've taken it in 3 times for that and they claim it's nothing. The cruise control stopped working. They replaced the brake sensor, now the brake light comes on without pressing on the brakes and stays on while you're driving. GM needs to recall some of these issues.

Great car, great price!

Any review you read will say the interior of the 07 Saturn appears "cheap". This car was built in the same factory that builds the Pontiac G6 and the 2009 Chevy Malibu. The interior of the Saturn Aura and the 09 Malibu is virtually identical, yet the Malibu gets a rating of about average on the interior. Go figure. My 07 has about 40 MORE horsepower than an 09 Malibu with identical fuel economy. You can get a Saturn, same interior, same sporty and aggressive exterior, more horsepower, same fuel economy... at a significantly lower price. Don't waste your money on an 09 Malibu. Buy a Saturn Aura. You will not be dissappointed.

4.4

never thought i'd buy a saturn

love this car. the car does everything well. very good value for the money. the 3.6 &6 speed auto gives the car a sporty feel. the shifts are quick and firm. handling is smooth, quite and firm. the interior could use a little less plastic but the seats are very comfortable . as far as styling to my eye it is as good as it gets very young looking. sharp lines and tight gaps. i hope to keep this car for a long time.

Aura XR Fast & Powerful with Great Styling

The XR V-6 engine & 6 speed transmission create a fast and sporty car. Exterior appearance was the first thing that I noticed about the car. !8 inch wheels with low profile tires give the car great cornering ability, but does result in a sporty as opposed to a soft ride. Inside trim is not up to the quality of the balance of the car. The door panel plastic looks and feels cheap. Bucket seats are very comfortable and hold you in the seat. Head room is limited and window height is smaller than my previous cars which provides less side visibility. Has many standard features which include On Star, traction control, ABS brakes, and stability control. Well equipped without adding any options

4.4

One of the better Saturns I've owned

I have a Aura XE with a 3.5 liter V-6 engine. This car is far more reliable than the L Series although I've had a few minor problems with it. The problems have I had: Day 1 Warped front rotors. Well, maybe not so minor. Replaced immediately. Apparently a defect effecting many. Squeaky wheel covers. Solution - grease around the edges of the covers. Creaky front passenger belt buckle. Dealer offered to replace it but I live with it. It happens when the buckle touches the seat when in use. Rattles in the dash board. Almost impossible to find when I present to the dealer. One of those things. Car suspension sounded like an old car. Like an oscillating sound. Front struts made noise at around 20,000 miles. Dealer said they were leaking. Replaced. Squeaking rear break pad. Again, a warranty item. Squeaking passenger rear bushing. At least that's what I think. It doesn't do it when it's wet out side. Not looked at yet. I think I might try WD-40. Well, that's bit of stuff. Sorry. The car is comfortable to me. The cabin is illuminated with several lights that add elegance. It's a quiet car and the car's stereo is great. The mileage could be better, but I've got the powerful V-6. Believe it or not, I've gotten 31 miles to the gallon on long trips. I usually get around 26- 28 MPG, but that's mostly highway miles using cruise a lot. Consumers Report said around 20 overall. Thank god I haven't experienced that low amount. I found it difficult to get use to the dash board gas gauge. I had low fuel warnings a few too many times. Maybe it had something to do with the car being so much more comfortable than the L200 I owned.

2.7

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER-GOING GOING GONE

Three months brand new and is now at the shop. Three weeks and they still do not know what exactly is wrong. "Car of the year" right. I was told the head gaskets, cylinder, and other parts needed to be replaced. Technicians are still trying to figure out what is needed to finish the work. I was told that the technician are learning as they are working on the car. "I had to understand that the car is so brand new that they themselves were not able to fix it." Can it be considered a brand new car after all the parts they replaced? I wanted a reliable car and opted for Saturn, what a disappointment. Buyer beware.

Love the car - hate the Tires

This is my 2nd Saturn. The first was a 1994 SC2 that lasted me 14 years until it was totaled. That is why I bought the New one. The Aura is a big step up in comfort. I quickly got dependent on the ON-Star hands free Satellite phone, and I only listen to the XM Radio. I have not had any mechanical problems with it. But, the XE came with Hankook tires. If I had bought the more expensive XR model it would have come with Good Year tires. I have found that when the road is in any way wet the Hankook tires do not hold the road very well. I am planning to replace them with a set of Michelin in the spring.

2.7

what a mistake

This car has been in the shop more times than my previous 7 cars total. Windshield wipers didn't work - 2 times in to fix. ESC, cruise control didn't work - 2 times in to fix - rear brake lights - some times stay on all the time other times never come on - 4th time into try and get this straightened out - The styling is good but it's not reliable, poor quality workmanship. How this car was named car of the year I will never figure out based on my experience.

fantastic car

i've owned many cars foreign and domestic, this is the best car and the best car company that i have ever experianced in my 40 years of driving.i live in topanga canyon and the drive is awesome, handles curves quick on straights and with the stabilitrak system the car always feels secure. many neighbors have wondered what this car is. I've had it since march with 9500 miles on it and just 1 oil change. the best and with onstar to boot. no problems or hassles.