2019 Subaru Ascent consumer reviews

Explore the 2019 Subaru Ascent
Shop the 2019 Subaru Ascent
2.9

Should have bought a Toyota

The showroom model and test drive blew me away. I loved it. Until about seven months when it died in my driveway. Since then the dealer has had it for approximately four weeks for that electrical problem, then over a month six months later when the computer died at the dealer when I brought it in for an oil change. Then most recently, it died in my driveway again, towed it to the dealer only to be told nothing is wrong and to pick it up. Then as I was driving it out of the dealer, it started making all sorts of beeping sounds. So I left it with the, again. A week later they said they replaced a part on the hatch and that was it. After three major electrical issues in less than a year I have lost faith in the vehicle. Funny part was, while it was at the dealer, dead, I got a vehicle heath report from Subaru telling me All systems are functioning correctly. I contacted Subaru corporate and they offered me a $2,000 coupon if I bought another Subaru which expired in one year. After this, do I really want another headache. My wife is a 9/11 first responder cancer survivor and we have a special needs son. I am not looking for a handout, but I am concerned that if we are at a doctors appointment, come out and it is dead, again! I believe the dealer tried their best, but Subaru corporate could not give a rats butt after they get your money. Next time get a Honda or Toyota.

3.4

Love the vehicle but would not buy another Subaru

Would not buy another Subaru until the window cracking problem is resolved. Found the car very easy to drive. I like the eyesight features and would like them on all my vehicles.

Nicest car I’ve ever owned

Comfortable car with rear bucket seats that are some of the best I’ve sat in. This car has all the options you could want. Subaru reliability!!

Most comfortable car I have owned

This car had everything I was looking for plus some. Lots of room. Love the heated 2nd row captains chairs. Love the 3rd Row does recline some. Awesome sunroof.

2.3

Don't buy a Subaru Ascent

They are having known brake issue and Subaru America refuses to take responsibility. Had the issue at 10K mile and now again at 13K. The dealership, Autofair Subaru of Haverhill promised they would resolve the issue if it happened again but now that Subaru of America refuses to take ownership, they refuse now as well.

First Subaru we’ve owned

We bought the Touring model because we believed the value proposition was positive. It had everything we wanted and more. Love the Crystal White Pearl exterior with Java interior. We were initially concerned that it might be under-powered with the 4 cylinder engine, but the turbocharger and related torque seem adequate. I do not tow. I am very pleased with the ride and comfort this vehicle provides.

Safest and most wonderful Car I’ve ever owned

Fantastic, extremely comfortable, safest on the road. An absolute joy to drive. I’ll alway have a Subaru in my garage as long as I’m able to drive

3.6

I have had my car in the shop 4 times in 6 months

all the dash lights come on ..beginning 1-2 months after I purchased my NEW car. When I called the first time about the issue I was scheduled to take it in and was told .."oh there was a recall would you like for us to replace what was recalled?" Do you think? DA! Since then it has occurred 6 different times but I cant always take it in. then the lights will just go off. I took it in once and was told "it is the eye sight due to rain" I live in Oregon...are you kidding?? All the lights I mean the break light, check engine, eye sight, change lane off, RAB light and other lights on the dash.. I took it in and was told it was because of the gas cap not being on? WHAT!. I put gas in my car the day prior to the lights coming on and drove over 50 miles round trip to work parked my car at home and the next morning they were on and stayed on for two days before I could get the car in. How do I know if the car will break down. Im contacting an attorney. There is a Lemon law

2.3

Very Disappointing. Worst Subaru I’ve ever owned.

Touring edition. 8500 miles and leather Is already wrinkled. 2 recalls and Apple Car Play works intermittently. After update. Severe weather warning came up 10 times on the way home. Service has no idea why. Poor choice of tires. Battery dies after lift gate open (dog sports.) during the day. Better battery is $200 my cost to alleviate the problem. Manufacturer seems unconcerned about the issues and places responsibility on the dealer. Wait to buy or buy another manufacturer.

Good buy! Comfortable and fun to drive!

Plenty of legroom for long trips, lots of safety features, easy access to third row and plenty of power. The large moonroof is awesome. Do wish it had auto locking like our Mazda.