2006 4Runner

2006 Toyota 4Runner

2006 Toyota 4Runner

Have You Driven the 2006 Toyota 4Runner?

2006 4Runner

by t4rlvr from Ypsilanti Mi on Sun Dec 06 2015

Best vehicle I have ever bought. Puts Wranglers and Cherokees to shame all day. Luxurious and capable, also great on gas!

Uses car for Off-roading

Best SUV around for the money

by chgo1977 from allentown, pa on Thu Jun 27 2013

Bought this SUV used. The whole family loves. It has the sport package and sunroof. Feels solid going down the road. Tight and responsive even for being 7 years old. Only has 66k and plan to keep it for a long time. Looking forward to family vacation to the beach with it. I found the cars.com reviews excellent help!!

Avoid if high mileage

by Brad1226 from Mahtomedi MN on Fri Jul 21 2017

Solid looking and drove fine - bought it with 134000 miles and thought it would be good for a few years. Wrong - multiple things wearing out - notably a head gasket repair at 138k followed by several suspension parts - final straw was the steering needed to be rebuilt at 144k - traded and went for a much newer 2016 Highlander with only 8k miles. Did own a high mileage sequoia previously that had no major issues for the 4 years we owned it - was just bigger than we needed.

Does not recommend this car!!

Does it all!

by Sarahgslaugh from Durango, CO on Sun Jul 22 2018

Bought my 06 4Runner Sport V8 with around 68k, it now has just under 200k. Regular oil changes, brake pads, one wheel bearing (but my mechanic felt like it didn’t really need it so he didn’t charge me), TWO timing belts, transmission service, battery but NOTHING other than expected mileage maintenance. It has the original suspension and spark plugs(pretty sure they are getting changed when rotors/ pads get replaced soon. This SUV is incredible! I live in the mountains in CO and it goes over no messing around dirt mt. passes, easily handles road mountain passses loaded up with bikes, dogs, kids, and a fully loaded rocket box. I plan to drive it at least another 50k or more-oil level full every oil change. Yeah- 17 mpg isn’t by any stretch good but what this SUV does and continues to do with minimal repairs is well worth it- I’m not a bells and whistles kind of gal- I don’t have a SUV to go to the mall. I have this SUV for reliability and function- it meets and exceeds both. Super bonus- if I actually get away alone I can sleep in the back with seats that fold flat!

Awesome SUV!!

by Drew from New Hampshire on Wed Apr 23 2014

We've only owned ours for a couple of months and about 2500 miles, but we're already very impressed. Purchased used with about 78k miles. V8 has a ton of power and is very smooth, sounds great on acceleration. My wife was very apprehensive about purchasing a big vehicle (she's only ever owned and driven cars), but she loves the seating position and visibility. Virtually no blind spots, very easy to drive and backup. If you're nervous about the size of the vehicle, don't be...! We cross-shopped against the BMW X5 and Nissan Pathfinder and Mercedes ML and were just too concerned with the low reliability reports in everything else but the 4runner. Sure, the X5 and ML had more bells and whistles and a better fit and finish inside, but the cost of ownership (repairs, premium gas) were just too high to justify. I have no doubts that the 4runner is a better made vehicle. We have the sport package, which looks great and is supposed to handle better than the SR5. It handles better than I'd expect.

So far it’s as good as its reputation

by Willy T from Marble Hill, Ga on Mon Mar 05 2018

I bought a 4.0 liter 2 WD sport edition with 100k miles on it from the widow of my fishing buddy who recently died of cancer. I didn’t need another vehicle but I paid her $2k more than the dealer offered on a trade plus I was kinda sentimental about it. I’ve only driven it 3k miles but it’s been running great. My wife is happy since I don’t need to borrow her SUV when I make a Home Depot run or need to carry my kayak . I find myself driving it more than my car especially on mountain and dirt roads. It’s comfortable, roomy and has all the features I need. It has a firm trucklike ride, but handles decently and is fairly quiet. Power is good and mpg is ok @ 20, especially since it’s happy on regular gas and has a 23 gallon tank. The a/c is strong and the JBL synthesis system sounds great. A couple nice little features I appreciate are the rear window that rolls down and the small glove box inside the large glovebox that’s perfect for a hand gun. I checked the market after I bought it and this thing really holds its value so I made a good purchase. I’ve never owned a Toyota, but figure on keeping it for at least 100k more miles if it is as reliable as reputed. It still looks good and the interior holds up to use with just enough soft places to make it comfortable.

Good value

by Nature Girl from Los Angeles on Sat Sep 22 2012

Overall, I'm satisfied with this vehicle. My two complaints are: 1) It came with leather seats, but I do not find the seats very comfortable; 2) Too much plastic! The interior dashboard trim is not very high quality, and the exterior plastic on the front area of the vehicle is really disappointing. I have the SR5 with a V6 - I have good engine power and good gas mileage, so I'm pretty satisfied!

Great Ride and Handling with Impressive Look.

by Snow King from Gilbert, AZ on Fri Jun 15 2007

I have owned this vehicle for a little over two moths and have been very impressed with the overall quality of the ride, styling, features, and interior finish. Everything about this SUV screams...WOW. The seats are very well made as are the interior finishes for the doors and all trim. Nothing at all seems cheap or flimsy. I feel like a million bucks driving this car. It has tremendous power for a V6 and pressing down on the gas while on the highway provides immediate response. The ride quality is much better than I expected for an SUV, especially since I drove an Explorer for many years and always lamented the rough ride. All I get is compliments wherever I take it. Highly recomend.

Love my 4Runner SR5

by Oboustm from Republic on Fri May 05 2017

I have owned 2 Toyota 4 Runner SR5's and still think they are the best to own. They are very reliable and comfortable for long trips. I have 3 large dogs and 2 kids and there is plenty of room for all of us. The slide/tilt sunroof is wonderful. On a cool morning I can tilt it and get fresh air without it blowing on me. On hot days I can open it up and let the sunshine in.

Most useful car I have ever had

by JohnV from Staatsburg, NY on Wed May 10 2017

I need a vehicle that can tow, and go long distance with comfort. The adjustable seats , 6 CD player and ride and handling make me a believer in Toyota 4 Runners,

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11