2006 4Runner

2006 Toyota 4Runner

2006 Toyota 4Runner

Have You Driven the 2006 Toyota 4Runner?

2 4Runners in the Family

by Siteguy from Toronto on Thu Mar 28 2013

I can not believe I purchased another 4Runner. I did a bit of research beforehand to check out some other brands such as the Chevy Equinox and Ford escape. We needed to get a new car as our Grand Prix was becoming a little un reliable. The consumer reviews research showed a number of issues I just want to stay away from. If one just counts the percentage of satisfied 4runner owners it out measures just about all other SUVs. That is very useful in itself. I have owned a 2006 4Runner Limited V8 since 2010 and all I can say this is one awesome vehicle. The drive feels solid and comfortable with more than ample power. So far the only thing I had to do was to replace a front wheel bearing, (strange part to replace, no reviews on this as far as I know) But other than that it has been a great ride. So, when it came time to replace our 2001 GM I did a little research and found there was no crossover or other Midsize SUV more dependable and tough as the 4Runner. So I bought another 2006 (this time the sport package). We just got it and I like it just as much (fewer bells and whistles) but that's OK, At least I know my wife and kids will stand a better chance in a fender bender, plus it will take on our Toronto winters with no problem. I think this truck will serve us well and I recommend it to anyone looking for a safe dependable SUV

2006 Toyota 4runner

by lkparkfloor from Blue Springs MO on Tue Jan 10 2012

Just purchased a 2006 4runner SR5, V6 engine and 2 wheel drive with 106000 miles. Cannot believe how strong the engine is + getting 21 miles to the gallon in the city. Very is literally no outside noise, firm ride. Highly recommend the Toyota 4 runner

My First Toyota

by Robert from Rochester, NY on Sat Mar 10 2007

This is my first Toyota purchase. Had a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee and it had problems towing my boat. With the Toyota 4Runner I don't even know the boat is behind me. I have been sold on the Toyota name and my next vehicle will be another Toyota.

Best SUV I've ever owned.

by Bobby D. from Green Valley, AZ on Thu Jul 20 2006

I've had SUVs since 1975, ranging from Jeeps to Explorers and even a '91 4 Runner. This 2006 4 Runner Limited V-8 is the best yet. I have the V-8 because it was already on the lot and I got a better deal. The V-8 gives me and average of between 18.5 and 19.5 MPG. I like having a 23 gallon gas tank. The V-8 is quite responsive when merging onto the freeway. The engine also runs quiet at all speeds. It has all the options except the Navigation package which I didn't want. I use a portable streetfinder which I can switch between cars. This 4 Runner rides well and is the 1st one I've owned that my wife says has a comfortable ride. Both passenger and driver's seats are quite comfortable. Having a 2 position memory driver's seat is an added convenience. The rear seats are roomy and comfortable. The X-REAS suspension holds the road well is really noticed on long curving roads when the SUV has very little of the leans. The radio with the 6 disc CD changer sounds like a home system. the 10 speakers make a big difference. All the instrumentation is easy to read, day and night. I don't have a third row seat. With or without the 2nd row rear seats folded down, there is ample storage in the rear. The styling is sleek and smooth and I have received many compliments on it. Whether you get the Limited or another model 4 Runner, I think you'll like it. I bought it last November and am still in love with it. Take a test drive and see what I mean.

Bought pre-owned 2006 4Runner

by 3 Time Toyota Owner from Columbus, OH on Tue Feb 28 2012

Purchased a 2006 Toyota 4Runner in November of 2010 after it was returned to dealership after a lease. The overall quality was very high and I had wanted an upgrade in reliability, quality and performance from a previously owned Ford Explorer. The engine is lively, especially from stop to 35MPH. Sometimes I have to catch myself to slow down when driving in the city when starting from a stoplight/stopsign. Turning is great, handling is average for an SUV. If you like the styling of the 4Runner, I have had absolutely no problems. Carfax indicated no problems from previous owner either. I had to make minor replacements (headlights, wipers, new tires) etc. for a 5 year old vehicle. All electronics have had no issues, no mechanical issues, no rust. I dont wash the car as much as I should and still no problems. Audio is great, vision is good. I get better gas mileage when I drive conservatively but the 230HP engine drives like a bigger, more powerful one with the Toyota drivetrain and transmission. Its fun for me, safe for my family and so far 100% reliable. Would recommend to anyone who wants a little bigger SUV than the smaller utility vehicles like the Highlander or Escape

Just what i always thought it would be!

by Party of Six from phoenix, arizona on Wed Jul 09 2014

The 4 runner is a perfect car for a large family. I have 4 kids who fit in the car comfortably along with my wife and myself. It's perfect because we are always on the go to school and athletic functions. I don't have to worry about the vehicle breaking down because it is one the best built SUV's around. Unlike most people who buy an SUV, I actually use the 4 wheel drive to go camping and off road. I have had other SUV's and this is by far the best one for me.

My shadow

by Busy professional and parent from Phoenix, Az on Mon Feb 03 2014

I have owned 3 SUVs in my life. This is my most recent and current vehicle. It is also my first import. Having said that, I will say that this has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. I bought it new - an SR5 4x4 with leather. I now have 120k on it. It has been the best investment! It handles like it is still new, it is responsive and safe. I use my truck for everything. The daily commute, long distance summer trips where it is packed to the gills with luggage and 4x4 drives in the snow and ice. It never gets stuck. Love love love this vehicle. The only repair I have had to do, was at 106k for an exhaust repair. That's it! That is so different than the mechanical nightmare Ford Explorer I had, that was on its 3rd transmission rebuild by 93k!! I plan to keep this car until it doesn't drive anymore and from the looks of things, that won't be any time soon! This is a purchase I have NEVER regretted! :)

Great vehicle

by TrainChaser from Southern Indiana on Sun May 01 2011

'06 4wd Sport Edition 4.0 engine Spent 3 months looking, found a nice Salsa Red sport edition with 84,000 miles. I was reluctant because this was an auction vehicle, but the Carfax and test drive checked out good. I have owned this SUV for 5 weeks and cannot say enough good things about it. Plenty of power, great ride for 4wd and a pleasure to drive. Now with 87K, no problems and absolutely no rattles or squeaks. This is a solidly built truck. Looking forward to many miles behind the wheel of this truck.

4-Runner One excellent vehicle

by Bill Hoar from Concord NH on Fri Jun 23 2006

What a pleasure the current Toyota 4-Runner is to own and drive. In addition to Lexus Like levels of comfort, quietness and refinement it is a true Truck based rugged SUV that will tackle steep mountain passes and trips down main street with equal competence. My wife and I are thrilled that we chose this 7 passenger SUV over the honda Pilot.

I should be an expert on 4Runners

by 4Runner from Woodstock, MD on Sat Sep 09 2006

This vehicle helped to save my life in an head-on collision with a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500. I sufffered a few minor bruises and my 4Runner was a total loss but this vehicle held up well when struck head-on while at a standstill. I have owned 3 4Runners and the last 2 have been the Limited 8 cylinder versions. Please equipt your vehicle to the fullest with DVD for your passengers, JBL Radio w/ CD Navigation, rear camera and X-REAS Sport Ehancement because it is not only ready for the highway but can be a friend for your off-roading or during the icy and snowy streets of the northeastern states. Overall this is a safe vehicle and realiable source of transportation. You should test drive this vehicle when considering buying any SUV no matter which price range. It is worth every cent you will spend. Remember get the extras you will spend time with this vehicle at a business meeting, social gathering or outdoor activities etc. This vehicle have proved to be a friend of man in my life.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11