2008 Toyota Camry consumer reviews

side view of 2008 Camry Toyota
Explore the 2008 Toyota Camry
Shop the 2008 Toyota Camry

;j;jj;n;ij;io

carfax report was supplied by the dealership at no cost, which was helpful. Friendly staff. Were adamant about helping us come to a price we both felt comfortable. Stayed open late for us. Only negative I would have to say was that I didn't even get two blocks away in my new car without the gas light coming on. Also in test drive we noticed the wind shield wipers weren't even useable they were so bad we asked them to be replaced before purchase, it was agreed to do so and days after the purchase I was caught in the rain with no windshield wipers because they were never replaced.

1.6

Unreliable car ever

I bought 2008 Toyota Camry LE and now regret it. It would not start. Took it to a Dealer and cost me over $1,000. They say it has some type of electrical isseu

1.4

Garbage

I have owned a 2008 Camry for the last 3 years. The ride is rough steering is hard to manage it has a vibration that Toyota keeps telling me they can't find anything wrong. I'm done with Toyota forever. On to the Honda dealership I go.

2.9

mediocre

i was a loyal Toyota owner until this car. From almost day 1 was hit with all of the safety recalls from the floor mat problem all the way to burning oil. The one piece that was nice was Toyota covered everything however once the engine had to be rebuilt at about 75,000 miles the car was never the same. Decided to trade in for an accord at 94,000 while it still had value and move on. The past Toyota products were great and reliable, hopefully they corrected things moving forward, that said, stay away from a 2008.

3.4

Strong sedan

Before I inquired about the Toyota Camry I was unaware of the fact that many cars are made of fibre. I used to tease my friend who had an i20 as 80%of its body is of Fibre. Now coming back to Camry, its undoubtedly a strong sedan which has a lot of metal content in it. Some small accidents actually were unnoticed on my car. Also the fuel efficiency of the car is quite good. Also, go in for the Automatic model as it is well suited for a powerful car like Camry :)

4.3

Benze

I just like this car I will always want this car any time any day, nice car it make my journey more relaxing and comfortable.

1.3

worst decision of my life!

I only have 37,000 miles on my 5 year old Camry XLE and it is in worse condition than my $9K 1996 Hyundai Accent. The exterior is as boring as ever, and the interior is a piece of garbage. There are only 2 good things about this car. 1- The service is pretty good. 2- The leather seats are pretty comfortable, but it's the horrible driving experience that brings the ratings down. In 5 years, i've needed 3 new transmitions and new brakes. There is nothing but cheap plastic inside the car. The GPS that came with car broke got replaced and broke again. The (fake) wood by the cup holders cracked. These are just a few of the problems with this car. My 2008 Camry XLE was definitely not worth $25k. I will never recommend a camry or even any Toyota to anyone, and i will probably never by a toyota again.

best car ever!!!

I have owned my Toyota Camry for just over a yr now, and of all the cars ive owned i will have to honestly say this is my favorite car of all! Its roomy, comfortable, gets great gas milage, and even though its a mid sized car, its still very sporty looking.

2.7

Was expecting so much more

Fell in love with the exterior styling of this car, and trusted Toyotas reputation of reliability, but am overall disappinted in the vehicle. The suspension on the SE model is very stiff and city driving is rough. The highway ride is better but just average. The tires are cheap and if you drive on snow, very treacherous. You will need to invest in winter tires. Also having some electrical issues. After owning this car for 3 years and not wanting to invest any more money into the vehicle, I am trading it in tomorrow!!

Its my TOY

Ive always owned Toyota's. I would not buy another kind of car. This is my 3rd Camry. and before that was a Celica & Corolla.