2018 Toyota Highlander consumer reviews

side view of 2018 Highlander Toyota
Explore the 2018 Toyota Highlander
Shop the 2018 Toyota Highlander
4.3

Great Family SUV with extra room.

This is a roomy SUV that is quiet and smooth with car like driving dynamics. My only complaints are Price, High Step in (Especially for kids) and Lacks Power. It has lots of room in the Front and 2nd Row Seats with easy access but it is a high step in. I would recommend Running Boards. Some controls might be hard to reach for shorter/smaller drivers. Being 6 ft 1 in, it isn't a problem for me. It is a quiet interior and smooth drive even on bad roads. However, it lacks power from a stop and when having to pass or merge. Other than that, it is great. For the most part the seats are comfortable but lack lumbar support. They are much wider than many competitors which is a huge plus. The interior is fairly well put together but it isn't luxurious. Controls are fairly straightforward but there are a lot of controls, buttons and knobs that can be distracting while driving. Once again, for smaller drivers, some controls will be quite a reach. Depending on your driving habits, you may exceed the 20 MPG city and 24 MPG Hwy and can get as much as 25.6 MPG. However, when you need to push it, especially in the city, it is more like 18.2 MPG. Overall I average around 21 MPG. One thing that is unique that Toyota though of putting on the Highlander is the Side Window Defrosters that go along with the rear defrosters. Especially in the Cooler Weather, this makes a huge difference. Side Visibility is good but when it comes to rear visibility it is lacking. The Back Up Camera helps but it is still a narrow angle which can make backing out of a parking space challenging. If you do use the 3rd row seating the 2nd row has a one touch to make access rather easy but the 3rd row is really only for small children. With the 3rd row Folded Down there's plenty of cargo room and you can extend the cargo by folding the 2nd row down. Both the 2nd and 3rd row are split folding so if you still need passenger room but long cargo, this is a huge plus. There's also plenty of cup holders and storage for everyone. Overall, this is a Solid Choice for larger or active families.

Toyota Highlander

This vehicle has a lot of room for your passenger, handles great on the road, very comfortable, and great on gas. love the moon roof and the lighting in the vehicle..

Second Toyota purchased.

We love it!!! Such a gorgeous color; smoothest of rides; steers like a small car, but rides like a much higher- ticket luxury vehicle! Many of the conveniences of a minivan, but much more cool!

Most comfortable vehicle we have ever owned

Well this is our third highlander and we won’t drive another brand ! We are sold on them! And even suggested our son-in-law and daughter buy one-which they did.

Toyota highlander limited platinum is awsome

A lot of room, good leg room, a lot of safety options. Vehicle has plenty of power with its V6. The design and appearance has the luxury look

Love my Highlander!

Perfect car for my family of 4 at first, until we became a family of 5. It's a bit tight but good for now until they get bigger and run out of leg space in the 3rd row. Even though we use the wide seat in the back row, we put down the smaller section of seating and still have enough room to fit a double stroller and some groceries!

Great car

My highlander is so nice to drive. The size is perfect for our family of 5. Great space, great interior. Definitely worth buying! I would recommend this to my friends and family.

Practically drives itself

Love my car (His name is Tig) I’ve driven it twice to Denver using both Interstate 80 and 15 to 70. Tig does well on long stretches and continual curves comfortably. Plenty of room for grandkids or just for myself. Looks classy and I enjoy it.

I love my roomy, comfortable reliable Highlander

The Highlander is just the right size to meet my families needs. My husband and I both have mobility challenges and we can get all of our assistive devices in the back and still have plenty of room for luggage and other travel equipment. It is easy to drive because it’s not to big and bulky. I love this car and have enjoyed it.

3rd Toyota Highlander for me!

This car/truck is the perfect vehicle for me! I REALLY thought I could find something new.....really - 3 of the SAME car???? But I looked all around. Test drove some similar vehicles. Priced them.....and here I am with my third Toyota Highlander! I DID get a different color this time! This car is dependable. The perfect size for my needs. It gets good mileage for the demands I put on it - such as climbing steep mountains and using 4 wheel drive frequently. It is comfortable AND it looks GREAT when I drive it!