2018 Toyota Highlander consumer reviews

side view of 2018 Highlander Toyota
Explore the 2018 Toyota Highlander
Shop the 2018 Toyota Highlander
2.3

Extremely disappointed and frustrated with Toyota

There is a Service Bulletin issued by Toyota that identifies a known transmission problem. The problem is hard for the consumer to discover and is only found via the car's computer system and by analyzing the transmission oil. It does not display a dash warning or drive any differently. Toyota knows about this problem and it appears to me they intentionally hide it from their customers. They will not replace the transmission if it's discovered after the time of warranty. Over $8,000 for a new transmission from the dealer.

Best purchase

This car has met all of my needs. The interior design is very unique and the performance was solid. This high quality Highlander was a great purchase for an affordable price.

Good ,attractive, comfortable, versatile, useful

I like it. Convenient, Comfortable, Attractive, versatile, surprisingly peppy . I use it as my go to vehicle regularly. It is my third highlander, and probably not my last.

3.6

Disappointed in the acceleration and shifting of g

Why would they sell a car with a touch screen you cannot see when the sun hits it? Also do not care for the disable button that turns the engine off, should be able to turn it off one time, not every time you drive.

3.9

Build quality is surprisingly cheap.

Easy to drive, great visibility and safety features are great. Security in Toyota reliability track record. Yet, everything is very plastic, seat cushion materials barely fill the leather upholstery. Carpet is very thin. Screws are exposed when turning the steering wheel. Not getting MPG advertised. For a $50,000 SUV, I am hoping all the good stuff is in everything I don't see.

You can’t beat a Highlander

This is the 3rd one we’ve leased and are leasing a 2020 one also. They have all been great vehicles for us but I believe the 2020 model is the best so far.

On of my favorite car

This is car is great car has a good options good for long ride and for old people very safe easy to drive good space inside

I love my 2018 Highlander!!

I have wanted a Toyota Highlander for three years, and finally purchased a gorgeous, used 2018 Limited Platinum with only 21,000 miles. There is nothing I don’t love about my Highlander! I am amazed at how smooth and quiet the ride is. There is plenty of room. The 2nd row Captain’s seats are great! I could go on and on! It is a very classy, quality vehicle. I plan to drive my Highlander for many, many years! Could not be happier :)

4.3

The Most Balanced SUV

There are cheaper SUVs. There are bigger ones and smaller ones. There are more powerful SUVs and some that have better trims. But you're going to be hard pressed to find anything that balances performance, reliability, styling and comfort at a price near the Highlander. If you have a family, it's the perfect hauler. I can fit 3 kids in the vehicle and still tote a car full of groceries. The best advice I can give for the Highlander buyer is to keep seeking it out and find the Limited trim. The XLE is well apportioned, but the little things in the Limited moves it over the top and puts it on par with many luxury competitors.

stylish and reliable

this is the dream family vehicle and has the capacity for a 5 person family.It can fit three car seats in the middle row. It is quiet when running