2020 Toyota Highlander Hybrid consumer reviews

side view of 2020 Highlander Hybrid Toyota
Explore the 2020 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Shop the 2020 Toyota Highlander Hybrid

Highlander 2020 hybrid amazing gas mileage

Love my new car. It has all the things I was looking for. Roomy interior and for being a small person was able to adjust the drivers seat to be very comfortable. The gas mileage so far is exceptional for the size of this vehicle.

Toyota nailed it with this hybrid

My husband and I purchased a Platinum hybrid AWD in Blizzard White, with graphite leather. I cross shopped this with the Hyundai Santa Fe, Kia telluride, Hyundai Palisade and Mazda CX-9. To be honest, I didn’t even really consider the highlander at first. I decided to just look at it since it was close by. While I think it is nice looking, I think that the Kia and Hyundai beat it in the looks department. I prefer the looks of the 2019, but it is growing on me more and more. My last 3 vehicles have been Toyota’s and they have all faithfully carried me without issue for 150,000 to 200,000 miles. It’s hard to stray from my experience with Toyota’s. They always seem a bit more bland, but I can forgive that when they perform year after year without a glitch. My husband is a big man and we needed a vehicle that was comfortable for him. I wanted a smaller vehicle, but able to carry my 2 dogs and be comfortable for long road trips, but easy to park when we visit Seattle. I also do some light off roading to trailhead, and we do get a lot of snow. It was also important to have a comfortable ride and good support for my bad back as well as good gas mileage. I also wanted comfortable seating in the second row for adults. The highlander checked all these boxes for us. This vehicle excels in comfort, safety, Quietness, turning radius, gas mileage and is not too big. It is easy to park and fits in our garage. For us, the smaller size is a plus. I have not been able to test the AWD and I hope it is sufficient for our needs. If I needed to use the 3rd row regularly, I would look for a larger vehicle, and I agree it’s small for the class. This is no big deal for us as it is just added storage and room for the dogs folded down, or maybe for throwing an extra kid or adult back there for a quick trip. Overall, while not perfect, I am very happy in my decision. It is just so pleasant to drive and I smile every time I fill it up at the gas pump. I love the lane tracing assist and all the safety features. The technology is a bit of a steep learning curve, but it is getting easier. The interior is plush, the leather is soft, and it is so quiet. So far I am averaging 35mpg combined without even trying.

My first hybrid is a winner

I have 900 miles on my hybrid highlander and I have yet to be disappointed! The mileage is much better than stated if you stay in the eco mode and allow the advanced cruise system to do the job. On top of it all it is very comfortable and cushioned ride. Technology has a learning curve.

Most Fuel Efficient Vehicle I've Ever Owned

I've owned the car now for two months. The gas mileage is unbelievable for an SUV of its size. I really enjoy the way it drives and it is super quiet.

The best vehicle I've ever owned!

I love the new sporty style, the roominess, the way it drives like on a cloud. Its super quiet and has alot of get up and go from a stop. I don't know how I got by without the 12" screen, but never again. Its an awesome feature among many new features. I love this car!

Love my new Car

The car is awesome, I love the interior and exterior design, love my new car, The car met all my expectations and is the value for the price.

My 7th Toyota

Overall I am very pleased with the Highlander hybrid. With less than 1000 miles on the odometer I am still learning about it. It is very comfortable and rides pretty smooth & quiet. It meets all my needs and has almost every feature you can think of. I did get the Platinum model & it comes with all the bells & whistles. If you are in the market for this type of vehicle definitely give one of these a test drive.

1.0

Comfortable safe ride and great gas mileage.

The Highlander feels safe with the 360 back up camera, blind spot, the great gas mileage it is very comfortable driving on the interstate and in town.

Great car. Practical. Great on gas. Roomy & safe

Great car. Safe amazing money on gas. Comfortable right love the adapt cruse. Clean look. Beautiful interior. Very nice car all around. Fits my whole family and even more. Great storage.

We continue to be pleased

Our new Highlander Hybrid has so many features that make driving it a true pleasure. We have found it to be intuitive in terms of the various features. We love the turning radius. We have not experienced any blindspots and the 360 view is a real plus. We have received many compliments on the looks of the SUV. My husband is a large man and he finds the Highlander Hybrid front seat very comfortable while leaving plenty of legroom for our guests in the backseat. The third row is a wonderful feature for various errands. We highly recommend this vehicle!