2017 Toyota Prius Prime consumer reviews

side view of 2017 Prius Prime Toyota
Explore the 2017 Toyota Prius Prime
Shop the 2017 Toyota Prius Prime

2017 Prius Prime Advanced

The car gives a good solid, quiet ride. The interior is stylish and comfortable. The 11.6 inch display and entune premium (JBL) audio with integrated navigation and app suite was great on my 1,000 mile trip down the eastern seaboard. Toyota safety sense package worked great on my long trip and around town. The full-speed range dynamic radar cruise control is my favorite feature when freeway driving. Gas mileage was 54 mph in hybrid mode traveling down I-95 interstate. Around town I can drive on electric for a good 30 miles before recharging. Great value for the money. Love the car

First electric vehicle owned

Love the car. Only issue is in bright sunlight difficult to read the touch screen and drivers sun visor cannot expand to shade driver side window.

4.3

Very reliable car. This is my second Prius.

Bought this based on my experience with my previous 2006 Prius. Very reliable, great gas mileage, suited me well. The new model has some issues with exterior styling (aggressive? ugly? Star Wars like?) and the huge display, which can be annoying, distracting or unable to see depending upon sunlight.

3.6

PPP

The Prius Prime Premium is sporty and runs well, however, I would not recommend it to anyone who lives in upper Westchester or to anyone who has Con Ed , nor to anyone without a dedicated accessible outlet . The outlet installation costs $350. There are virtually no charge stations available in the vicinity of my home. Con Ed's fees are very high. It may be my ideal car in the future when a plug in is cheaper and readily available. For now, though, I overpaid fro a feature that is too expensive to use.

Most gas efficient car in the market

Toyota Prius has established itself as the most reliable and signature hybrid vehicle to date. The Prius Prime has significantly improved the gas efficiency on this vehicle with great electric capabilities added to the hybrid system!!! This hybrid vehicle is highly recommended!!

3.6

Good gas milage

Not a very comfortable car, seat does not adjust sufficiently for short person to see and drive safely!

4.3

Very comfortable and reliable, but not sporty!

I've owned my Prius Prime for a few months now. I absolutely love the interior styling, including the 7" touch screen. Most of the controls are intuitive, however some aspects require some getting used to. My only real gripe so far is that the vehicle is so under-powered, that it becomes somewhat embarrassing trying to not slow down too much going up hills when there is a car behind me. Obviously this was done on purpose to make the car more efficient, which is good.

Awesome piece of hardware.

This car is absolutely spot on for our local EV needs. Had it now for 3 weeks and only used an 1/8th of a tank of gas. Currently showing 176.6 MPG. A blast to own and operate.

4.1

Being realistic

Its a good car, love the technology. Like all electric vehicles, the miles before the electric is used up is not accurate. In cold weather this will drop significantly and the miles I got on electric in the summer is far different then the winter. Going about 18 miles on all electric power this time of year. Expect it to get worse as the weather gets colder.

I recommend the base (plus) model

The base model is very well appointed: heated seats, nice fabric, soft steering wheel. The screen is plenty big, navigation (quaint), all the safety tech. Take a close look at the features you actually get for the premium and you'll realize all you're getting is a power driver seat (c'mon, you can pull a lever), fake leather (oooh) and what I consider to be an atrociously and superfluously huge screen. And you lose a volume knob and a cd player.