2009 Yaris

2009 Toyota Yaris

2009 Toyota Yaris

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design

Have You Driven the 2009 Toyota Yaris?

Great Car--Used as a Rental

by rosebud from Seattle, WA on Thu Nov 05 2009

I did not buy this car and do not nor have I ever owned a Yaris but I rented one for a week while my Honda Accord was being repaired. The Yaris is a great car. The interior is surprisingly roomy for such a small car. The windshield is large with a no obstructions (some cars, like the Hyundai Sonota, have the steering wheel pushed up so high that it blocks the view). I didn't car for the instrument panel in the center of the dashboard, nor did I car for the small windows in the rear seats. I also thought the rear windshield was rather small and that the view from the rearview mirror was too small. There was a little more road noise than I expected from a Toyota; Toyota Camrys usually have very little road noise, while my Honda Accord has a lot. Overall, I think the Toyota is a great small car for the price and the great gas mileage. I strongly recommend this car.

The best car ever!

by Valerie from Rochester, NY on Thu Jul 15 2010

I have owned this car for 4 months... and driven over 6,000 miles so far. It is amazing! It looks to tiny from the outside, I was worried about really making it work for my family. But when I sit inside, I feel like I am in a full sized car. I can fit my groceries just fine. I traveled out of town, and my luggage fit just fine. When entering a highway ramp uphill, it is a little slower than other vehicles I've had so I just have to adjust my driving manner for that. And I totally love the 30-35 city mpg ... and the 38-39 mpg highway I got on my trip through the hills of PA. We love it so much, my daughter is looking to trade in her Subaru for a Yaris!

Love this little car

by Yaris owner from Sarasota FL on Thu Sep 16 2010

Bought a 2009 Yaris new. Have only 6,000 miles on it. Best car ever for city driving - turns on a dime, fits into little parking spaces. Wish the color selection was better. Settled for silver - yawn. Holds five comfortably for short trips and even room in the back for their stuff with a little planning. I get 29mpg city driving. I like the center position of the speedometer, clock, etc.

Love my Yaris

by CT Driver from Stratford, CT on Wed Oct 07 2009

My Yaris is adorable and I have no problems with it. When it's windy, due to its size, it is slightly harder to handle but I wouldn't want another vehicle. I just love "her".

best car for money

by jdawg from Milwaukee, wi on Sat Sep 25 2010

we bought this car used and love it. It is zippy, sporty and a real gas saver. Our first foreign car and would buy again!!

reliable small car.

by nguyenl from Louisville, Ky on Mon Oct 10 2011

Great on gas, easy to drive. Small and cute. Has more space than it looks. Great trunk and many other different features.

Yarvette

by CaliGirl from San Diego, CA on Fri Oct 24 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my Yaris. Best part was the MPG. I bought the 2009 sedan with 26,000 miles in 2011 and just recently totaled her (Oct. 2014) with a healthy 170,000 miles on her, so I'd say I'd got my monies worth.The only major repair was replacing the serpentine belt ($75), even after replacing and a handful of adjustments it still squealed for a second when I started the car in the morning. I also replaced the fuel pump, but later found out it was an unnecessary fix because the problem was with the digital fuel gauge/the float in the gas tank, not the fuel pump (well played repairman, well played :/ ) I did not ever look into fixing that, I just made sure to fill up when it got to 3 bars. Other than that it was super reliable and an overall great car. And as a side note, hopefully you will not ever need to know this but it crashed a lot better than I would have ever expected. It is not the biggest car, but when I crashed the damage was almost unnoticeable to the naked eye. Yes it was totaled, but it was not a mangled wreck. I do not know if I just got lucky or if I had my guardian angel protecting me but I was pleasantly surprised by the crashability (?) of my little yarvy.

love it

by ms_cupcake from troy,oh on Tue Jun 28 2011

we owe 3-door. we travel everywhere in it. plenty of room for us and ours things. easy to drive and park. great gas mileage!! my only complain is that I wish I had cruise control.

Great Car for The Money

by Economy Man from Lincoln Park, Mi. on Fri Feb 06 2009

I bought the Yaris S 4 Door Sedan. I have the Power Package, Keyless Entry, All-Weather Package, and 15 inch Alloy Wheels. I am retired so I can run around at a cheap price because of the great gas mileage it gets. I think it's big enough to take trips in and the back seats can fit most adults well. A good size trunk is another good feature that it has.

Most Reliable Car I Own.

by Srcherk from Fresno, CA on Wed Jul 19 2017

The interior is stock quality. Leg room is okay. The dashboard is in front of the steering wheel, which many find odd. However, we have had this car for 10 years and it has been so reliable with over 100k+ miles. Mpg is 30-34+. Overall, great car.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2009 Toyota Yaris

In the world of subcompact cars, things have improved greatly over the past few years. Today's smallest models offer a lot of room, good fuel economy and surprising levels of quality for small amounts of money. The Toyota Yaris is in this segment, and this is the first year the smallest Toyota has been available as a four-door hatchback; previously, only a two-door hatch and a sedan were offered.

Testing the new four-door hatchback, I found myself enjoying the driving experience more than I ever thought possible. However, its price tag is surprisingly high, I wasn't very comfortable in it and its ergonomics are downright poor.

Exterior
In the realm of really small cars, the Yaris isn't that unattractive. Its... Read More