2009 Toyota Yaris

Great Car--Used as a Rental

by from Seattle, WA on November 5, 2009

I did not buy this car and do not nor have I ever owned a Yaris but I rented one for a week while my Honda Accord was being repaired. The Yaris is a great car. The interior is surprisingly roomy for such a small car. The windshield is large with a no obstructions (some cars, like the Hyundai Sonota, have the steering wheel pushed up so high that it blocks the view). I didn't car for the instrument panel in the center of the dashboard, nor did I car for the small windows in the rear seats. I also thought the rear windshield was rather small and that the view from the rearview mirror was too small. There was a little more road noise than I expected from a Toyota; Toyota Camrys usually have very little road noise, while my Honda Accord has a lot. Overall, I think the Toyota is a great small car for the price and the great gas mileage. I strongly recommend this car.

Love this little car

by from Sarasota FL on September 16, 2010

Bought a 2009 Yaris new. Have only 6,000 miles on it. Best car ever for city driving - turns on a dime, fits into little parking spaces. Wish the color selection was better. Settled for silver - yawn. Holds five comfortably for short trips and even room in the back for their stuff with a little planning. I get 29mpg city driving. I like the center position of the speedometer, clock, etc.

The best car ever!

by from Rochester, NY on July 15, 2010

I have owned this car for 4 months... and driven over 6,000 miles so far. It is amazing! It looks to tiny from the outside, I was worried about really making it work for my family. But when I sit inside, I feel like I am in a full sized car. I can fit my groceries just fine. I traveled out of town, and my luggage fit just fine. When entering a highway ramp uphill, it is a little slower than other vehicles I've had so I just have to adjust my driving manner for that. And I totally love the 30-35 city mpg ... and the 38-39 mpg highway I got on my trip through the hills of PA. We love it so much, my daughter is looking to trade in her Subaru for a Yaris!

great

by from TX,TX on April 8, 2011

Has been very reliable in the year and a half that I've had it. Great acceleration and exterior styling. You get used to the cyborg dash (speedo in the middle) quickly and seems to be better than the conventional layout. Good gas mileage, but does seem to have a small fuel tank. All a round great value for the money.

Love my Yaris

by from Stratford, CT on October 7, 2009

My Yaris is adorable and I have no problems with it. When it's windy, due to its size, it is slightly harder to handle but I wouldn't want another vehicle. I just love "her".

best car for money

by from Milwaukee, wi on September 25, 2010

we bought this car used and love it. It is zippy, sporty and a real gas saver. Our first foreign car and would buy again!!

reliable small car.

by from Louisville, Ky on October 10, 2011

Great on gas, easy to drive. Small and cute. Has more space than it looks. Great trunk and many other different features.

love it

by from troy,oh on June 28, 2011

we owe 3-door. we travel everywhere in it. plenty of room for us and ours things. easy to drive and park. great gas mileage!! my only complain is that I wish I had cruise control.

Great Car for The Money

by from Lincoln Park, Mi. on February 6, 2009

I bought the Yaris S 4 Door Sedan. I have the Power Package, Keyless Entry, All-Weather Package, and 15 inch Alloy Wheels. I am retired so I can run around at a cheap price because of the great gas mileage it gets. I think it's big enough to take trips in and the back seats can fit most adults well. A good size trunk is another good feature that it has.

Toyota Yaris 2009 Sedan S

by from Raju on March 1, 2013

This car 2009 model is total worth for money. Excellent Mileage, no maintenance at all. I just changed tyres once after 40K thats it. now its 60K with no issues. Only thing to be concerned is on snow more than few inches because of low weight this car skids a lot***** Winter tyres may do magic but, not tried. Over all perfect car.

Our Expert Review: 2009 Toyota Yaris