2016 Volkswagen Passat consumer reviews

side view of 2016 Passat Volkswagen
Explore the 2016 Volkswagen Passat
Shop the 2016 Volkswagen Passat

great performance

great quality, very roomy, great acceleration, expensive to maintain and disappointing resale value.

Happy so far

This car has met all expectations. Excellent gas mileage and handling. I am worried about foreign parts if something was to go wrong down the line.

God I miss my Passat R-Line!!!

I traded in my Passat for a Outlander, biggest mistake ever!!! Got the Outlander so we could carry our things in the back that would not fit in the Passat truck (although the trunk was Hugh). The Outlander just had a bigger opening.

Wonderful decision

This vehicle met and exceeded all of our expectations and has the desired features. We wanted the maxima but it was out of our price range but the Passat SE is extremely tech advanced and the inside is like a luxury vehicle. Gas mileage is great. Only with it had push start/keyless entry.

Best Car I Have Ever Driven!

I have driven many cars in my life; Ford, Chevy, Hyundai, Honda, Lincoln, Cadillac... This is by far the best I have ever driven. Thanks to the European Suspension, it handles curves like I'm on rails. Takes a bumpy road like it newly paved. The electronics and safety features are far superior to most. And the material used for the seats and dash, you know that this is a high class car.

Economy AND Room

I traded in a vw golf wagon for the 2016 Passat. I have found that it is relatively economical for its size and still has some power to it. Lots of leg room and trunk space to move, stretch and store things. I have long legs and often put my seat back quite far. Previously anyone sitting behind me would not be comfortable unless they turned sideways. Now with the Passat it's comfort all around!!

3.6

Good value, fun to drive, non-offensive.

The 2016 Passat underwent a mild refresh, nothing crazy but it does look more substantial. The new infotainment system is pretty great, has Apple CarPlay and Android (I haven't tried Android) and the default SE speakers do the job well enough over road/wind noises. Capacitive touchscreen is good but still has tried and true knobs for quick volume adjustments without looking. The car could use a little more sound deadening, especially at highway speeds, but it's still pretty good. You're not going to outrun anyone with the 1.8 turbo, but turbos are fun and the car doesn't feel slow. The extra boost is noticeable and keeps driving entertaining and fun even on long road trips. I was between an Accord Sport (with a CVT) and the Passat. I chose the Passat for the drive feel over the Accord. It's been about 10 months, ~8000 miles and I'm still very pleased with it.

One year follow up

I reviewed this car almost one year ago when I purchased. See previous review for The Real Story by VW Fan. I stand by my initial review of the VW Passat SEL Premium V6. The car has only been in the shop ONCE and that has been for scheduled maintenance. Very good commuter and long traveler. Gas mileage for V6 is outstanding. Comfort is great for long or short distances. Still not a head turner-but I don't care. The Passat is a safe, fun, reliable, easy to drive car that still maintains some of the same old traditions that you will only find in the Passat-sporty, family sedan, in a class by itself, doesn't quickly go "out of style". Enjoy. Go test drive one.

Max it out get the APR stage 2

Great look. The APR stage 2 is done at the dealership so no warranty issues. Takes the car from 180 HP to 250HP. A sleeper car for sure

Best Car All Around

This car has plenty of space and power to do and go wherever you need to go. The front wheel drive with the turbo does not lag at all. The car is incredibly spacious. Lastly, the button layout, as well as the touch screen is? very intuitive.