2016 Volkswagen Passat consumer reviews

side view of 2016 Passat Volkswagen
Explore the 2016 Volkswagen Passat
Shop the 2016 Volkswagen Passat

Spacious and sporty

Excellent handling power and roominess. The leg room in the back seat is outstanding. The 1.8L turbo has excellent power and the car handles beautifully. This is my second Passat and I will definitely get a third in a few years.

Corners like its on rails

I love the one year old Passat. I felt like a teenager driving it, like I should have been cast on Fast in Furious, and for a 30 plus year old Mom, that was fun but not the car for me, more the car for my teen daughter. With that being said, I would totally trust my teen daughter in this car. Very safe, handles beautifully and the technology ensures that she's keeping eyes, ears, and hands where they need to be. I would completely recommend this car for a new driver as well an experienced driver looking for a sports feel.

VW's Value Leader Passat S

The VW Passat S is an exceptional value and is priced less than many versions of the VW Jetta. The baseline VW Jetta's have hard plastic interiors and are much smaller. In comparison, the VW Passat in base form has softer interiors, more comfortable seats, auto climate control, and a 1.8 Turbo engine. The interior is elegant. It's as though people who purchase the Jetta are subsidizing those who purchase the Passat (I've owned both)! The VW Passat is not really a drivers car...the suspension is soft and feels relatively compliant until you corner hard our hit road bumps. The suspension will lose composure fairly quickly and bob up and down. However, if you don't push it the ride is pleasant and quiet..good value. The brakes are too touchy and VW needs to address this in the next model year. The brakes grab too quickly...it's quite shocking actually, but you can get used to it. The Lease deals on these cars are amazingly low and this makes the Passat a great value.

beautiful

love the size, the leg room and the standard equipment is awesome. what you get for the money is outstanding. love the back-up camera too

I love how this car handles and performs.

The gas mileage is amazing and it is always dependable and easy to drive. Very much needed for a single mom with two kids!

A great buy.

An ugrade to what I had previously! Great find after an insurance nightmare. Thanks Cars.com you are the best online service.

Loved the car and its Safety.

Loved the car, however, two weeks after buying it a17 year old boy, in a large truck, turned directly in front of me and I hit him traveling 45 mph, on his right fender and my left fender on my side of the highway and wrecked my car. But the car did great to protect me and my passenger because both airbags deployed, all curtains came down and our lives were saved by the safety of this car. The motor did not come in on us and the car performed at a 5-star rating. Hopefully I can get another one just like it or newer. Dianna A. Schenk

VW is the Way to Go

We absolutely LOVE VW. We have only driven the Passat and the Touareg and BOTH are outstanding! Both have such a classy look and very relaxed ride to them. I love 'speed'. The Passat SE Turbo gives me just that. :)

Loving my Passat

This car has proven to be a great, comfortable stylish damily car & I couldnt be happier. Love the silver ;)

2.4

I have passat 2016

Everything else is ok no good not bad only the navigation and media system is from 1990it just dont work.