2016 Volkswagen Passat consumer reviews

side view of 2016 Passat Volkswagen
Explore the 2016 Volkswagen Passat
Shop the 2016 Volkswagen Passat

2016 Volkswagen Passat

This is the first time I have owned a European car; so I was unsure of what to expect. I could not "connect" with the Asian brands, and I found fault with American cars even though I had many of them. I have had the Passat now for four months and have put 6,600 pleasurable miles on it. At the first few hundred miles the gas mileage was about 34 m.p.g., but since then it has been consistently the advertised 38 m.p.g. The steering- wheel controls for information are a bit tricky for me. Overall it is the best car I have ever owned

Perfect price and reliable. Daniel Rahani is great

Daniel Rihani made my day with a perfect price that matched up with my budget and now my wife does not have to worry about getting to work now. The car drives excellent! Thanks Daniel!

most reliable car i've owned

Derrick Jones was very helpful and friendly! Excellent service! He was non pressured and I wasn't planning to buy today and I did. All because of him.

2015 ford fusion

Today was my first experience at Auto House and I loved it and was treated great. Everything about the service was great.

2016 vw passat

We just got the new 2016 Passat se with tech. we were going to get the Honda accord but all I have to say is just DRIVE the Passat and you will love it. You can not bet the comfort for the price. We are getting 36 on the high way.

4.4

Pleased with our Passat

We've driven about 2,000 miles in just over 4 weeks, on super-highways and on unimproved roads, and our new car is exceptional in all ways. We are most happy with the level of comfort and with its general "roadability", as well as good looks and quality finish. A couple of issues: 1. A trouble-light indicating a cooling system problem. The reservoir was empty, but the temperature gauge indicated normal operating temperature. Reading the manual left us with a very uncomfortable feeling, as only VW coolant can be used to replenish, and we had none. We would not expect to see any loss of coolant in the short time we've had the car. And, worse, when we took the car to the VW dealer, they could not find a cause and could not explain. So I had to buy a gallon of coolant for $25 as my highway insurance. 2. We have the infotainment system, and I expected to be able to easily connect my Android phone. Alas, only Apple devices seem to be easily installed. I was not told of this at the dealer. 3. Fog lights are installed, but the Owners Manual instructions don't really work as written. So that will take some additional dealer help. 4. Fuel economy with our 1800 cc engine is far short of the advertised figure of 38 mpg highway. The best we have achieved on level stretches is about 32 or 33 mpg. Our average, with mostly highway driving is about 30 mpg. Still nice, but definitely a disappointment.

Homerun

I just purchased the refreshed 2016 Passat. All I can say is WOW! Volkswagen definitely hit this one out of the park. I love the clean, handsome design. I went with the SE with technology model. The seats are extremely comfortable, ton of interior and trunk space. The woodgrain is a nice touch on the inside and most surfaces are soft to the touch, which is tough to find in the midsize segment. My advice is to make sure you test drive the 2016 Passat if you are in the market for a midsize vehicle. You will get great gas mileage, comfort, value and reliability.