2019 Volkswagen Tiguan consumer reviews

side view of 2019 Tiguan Volkswagen
Explore the 2019 Tiguan Volkswagen
Shop the 2019 Tiguan Volkswagen

Most reliable car yet

Very comfortable and roomier than the older Tiguan models. After driving a Chevy for 2 years, I’m glad to be back with my Tiguan. Loving not having to buy premium gas also.

Nice SUV, With Stile

This SUV handles like a car, I know that has been said before but believe me I have owned a few other model SUV and this drives like a car. Lots of Room. Little to know blind spots. Price is very fair for hat this SUV offers

Love VW

Great to drive. Lots of storage. We will drive this car for many years to come. We love VW- last 2 VWs we owned both lasted 18 years!

Best & biggest "small" SUV we ever owned...

We own it for 3 months now... and we love our 2019 VW Tiguan SE... beautiful elegant exterior... stands very much apart from other SUVs... clearly German style interior design and ergonomics... well built... solid feel... 6 years of warranty... good tech all around... 3rd row for kids... huge sun roof... lots of space... rides great... quiet... handles well... plenty of power... has sports setting and manual tip tronic shifting options if you want to get a little sportier... clearly not a sports car but plenty good for a SUV that size... about 30 miles a gallon... and it's priced well for what it offers... highly recommend this one if you want something different with a solid feel... and did I mention it's 6 year 72k miles warranty?

Versatile car for a busy fam

The flexibility of the third row, the huge sunroof, all the safety features and eco settings, Apple car play, second row leg room, and the saffron interior for that pop of color - this car checked all our boxes

Safest car out there

This car has surpassed all of my husband and I’s expectations. We purchased one a little over 2 months ago as a family car since we will be expecting a little one soon. Today on my way to my routine drs appointment I was tail-boned in a roundabout. The other car hit my back drivers side door. It was absolutely terrifying but this car took it like a champ! The outside of my door is severely caved in and the window broke, however the inside of the car is completely untouched. Didn’t bend any of the framework of the door or anything. I am so relieved to know that if we happen to get in an accident once our child is born that we are in a well built, durable car. Will always be my go to car if we ever need to purchase a new car again!

Really enjoying the Tiguan!

The car met all of our criteria for a compact SUV that still had adequate leg room and cargo space. The interior of the car is beautiful and the infotainment system is fairly intuitive. Really a nice car!

Great value for small SUV.

The 2019 Tiguan has a lot of legroom in the second row, which was a major reason I bought it. Good gas milage (4 cyl.) and plenty of safety features. Upgrade to SE 4 Motion worth the cost. Can't beat the VW 6 year, 72,000 mi. warranty.

German Engineering is the best

Was not really in the market for a Volkswagen, but the SEL Premium R-Line Tiguan captivated me from its well-crafted look outside and in. The 20 in Wheels does make for a harsher ride on some surfaces, but overall it's not that bad. Love the Digital cockpit, the panoramic sunroof, and luxury touches all around the car. The power is acceptable, much better in Normal and Sport mode. Eco mode is a joke as far as getting the car to move at all. Over 10K miles so far and still love driving it.

4.4

Perfect SUV!

This car is a perfect size for most small families who need room for "stuff". It is comfortable and easy to drive. Great visibility. Excellent safety features. Good value.