2019 Volkswagen Tiguan consumer reviews

side view of 2019 Tiguan Volkswagen
Explore the 2019 Volkswagen Tiguan
Shop the 2019 Volkswagen Tiguan

Volkswagen does it again

This is my first brand new car. It has been very reliable, great mileage, bigger on the inside than you think. Love the color too (Hunter Green).

1.1

Very disappointing car - 2017 was a better year

Vw updated the design of this car and ruined what was great about it. No longer compact, the ride is jilted and the design is more minivan than suv. Clunky updates - disappointed and sad to be stuck with it for four years.

Great AWD vehicle

I test drove the Tiguan and performs great when it is sport mode, if you put in Eco mode the vehicle has a hard time accelerating . Snow mode works great, I like when coming to stop the engine shuts off helps save on gas when you put your foot on the gas the engine starts back up. There is heated side mirrors, never having to worry about scraping ice off. Fog lights should come standard in everyone of there vehicles.

Roomy stylish and practical

I was trading in my 2015 RAV 4 and found the redesigned ones to be cramped and ugly. I test drove a Forester and liked better than the new RAV 4. But on a whim I test drove a Tiguan and liked it even better. Way more leg room than my former car. SEL 4 motion has all the bells and whistles, and AWD when I NEED it, saving me so much on gas. Added bonus it looks like an AUDI. Great on both highway and around home: holds all my gear for my weekly job at a farmer’s market.

Great car

Love the look, size, gas mileage. Lots of leg room in back seat. The screen display is rather cumbersome. The manual is terrible. I’m not too keen on the auto stop/start feature. But it’s fun to drive.

3.9

Good car but under powered

car is extremely under powered , interior and over all styling is nice though. panoramic sun roof is definitely an added bonus as well. mainly bought the car for the value to money

4.1

Great space and very solid

Coming from Europe I knew exactly what I was getting: good space, reliability, fair comfort. Pity the technology on board is limited and a bit annoying - see the double click on the remote that fails most of the times.

Even better than before

This is my second tiguan - had a 2016 prior - and it has all the bells & whistles. Enjoying the ride as well as the increased safety features. Tons of room- fits my bike and luggage with room to spare.

Like the vehicle very much

So far it meets all my expectations. I’ve only had the car for a few days but so far it’s all I expected. We really like it

Happy with the purchase

Love the roomy feeling in the front and like the 3rd row seating option. The panoramic moonroof and heated seats are my favorite features. The "get Up and go" is not quite as powerful as I had hoped.