Coggin Honda of Orlando

Used (888) 238-1593 (888) 238-1593
Service (888) 239-3893 (888) 239-3893

4.3
(1,254 reviews)

A dealership’s rating is calculated by averaging its lifetime reviews.

2.6

The Volume Honda Dealership of Orlando

I purchased a 2018 Honda Accord here a few months ago. Coggin Honda is the largest Honda dealership in the area and has a very wide selection of vehicles. They have all possible resources to be very competitive against other dealerships in both sales and service departments. You could probably find this place to be the cheapest when it comes to servicing your vehicle or installing accessories. However, as with most volume dealerships, Coggin Honda seems to place emphasis on moving units as much as possibles. This results in lower quality of customer service and overall experience. Particularly with the sales and finance department. To be more specific, on the day I decided to finalize my deal after days of negotiation, I arrived shortly after work with the necessary paperwork at 6 pm. Without negotiation, I took delivery at 11 PM, 2 hours after the dealership closed. The atmosphere and altitude of the office changed as soon as they closed the door while we were stuck waiting for the finance office to process our paperwork. The salesmen were being very loud at the tower and many F Bombs were dropped. When we finally got to the finance office, we discovered that there was a warranty plan for the electrical components that was added without our consent for more than $1000. The finance manager insisted that the bank required us to have it to be approved. At this point, we were too drawn out to care and signed it anyway. When I later tried to contact them to cancel the warranty (as instructed on the contract) my calls and emails were either unexpectedly dropped or ignored entirely. Strangely enough, when I recently reached out again to inquire about another vehicle for a family member, communications become clear again. I later went on to buy a higher trim accord at another local dealer. This time, there was no hassling, no pressures. The whole process from test driving to taking delivery took 3 hours. My payment ended up being cheaper than what I paid for the one at Coggin due to not having a warranty so I decided to reward this other dealership by purchasing addons for my new vehicle. At the end of the day, I got a better car for the same amount of money with a shocking aftersale customer service. I will keep an open mind and chalk this up as one bad experience that won’t completely rule out future purchases here. I can recommend this dealership only if you are careful about what you are signing for and make absolutely sure that you are getting the best deal in the area. Smaller dealerships might not be able to beat the initial pricing but you get what you pay for.

Dealer response

It is very disappointing to learn of your experience with us. We strive to operate by high standards of professionalism and any lesser behavior is unacceptable. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration you may have endured during your sales visit. I assure you that you are a valued customer and we never want our customers to feel pressure when buying a vehicle. Most importantly, we do not want to lose your respect. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding your experience. Bob O’Neil, General Manager, 407-852-5188

Shawn is awesome!!!

Thank you so much Shawn for making this such a smooth experience. He was very attentive, answered all my questions, and made sure I was getting what I could within my budget. I appreciate all your patience and help. I recommend Shawn Winn to anyone who doesn’t know much about cars and needs someone willing to be patient and super accommodating.

Service dept

I wanted to say thank u so much to the Dealer they took care of my husband with kindness and also a big and warm thank u to Mr David the Director of the Service Dept what a Kind man the Dealer and His serve Dept shut be proud to have shut a kind Person like him 100 stars to him and team Mr David thanks again for helping us mr Mrs hernandez also a warm thank u to Yognand

Jose Saint-Hilaire

Jose helped me fimd my first car! Right of the bat soon as i was there , helpped me with what i was looking for had patience with me to the max im very happy ! He was verry helpfull! I do recomend others to come down and get your honda!!!!!!!

1.0

Really disappointed

I paid over 2500 dollars to get my car fixed got it back making a noise brought the car back nothing fix noise still there and they gave me more to fix but the noise never went away and was never there when I brought the car in I’m really sad I got robbed

Dealer response

Hello we appreciate you taking the time to leave your review. I apologize for the inconvenience you’ve experienced and regret that our service department left you with a negative impression. I would like to speak with you and hopefully restore your faith in us. David Voci, Service Manager, 407-850-3630

Easy Transaction & friendly staff!

Fantastic experience dealing with Sean & Brandon! Thank you for the easy transaction! I highly recommend this store! They offered more money than Carvana, Carmax and other Honda dealers.

Vacation Rescue....

Near the end of a 10 hr drive on an extended weekend getaway, multiple dashboard lights came on and our normally trusty Honda Oddysey began to falter. Not being familiar with local shops we searched online for Honda dealerships and Coggin Honda had strong ratings. We got off the interstate and using local streets finally chugged into their lot. Near quitting time, desperately needing a car for weekend activities, and being ?out of towners? - we were prime candidates for them to take advantage. Fortunately for us this is not their customer service approach. They registered our car for service assessment the next morning, provided an Oddysey from their lot for us to use, called the next day with an estimate which we approved, called later that day (Fri) to say it was ready but understanding our schedule said to come pick it up late Saturday, which we did and drove it home the following day. Great service. Helped us enjoy our planned vacation time in Orlando. I must admit, as one of the service items was major - about $800, I wondered whether we ?out of towners? may have been price victimized. When we returned home I called two local Honda dealerships and another known service shop to price compare. The shop was $95 higher and the dealerships were $110-125 higher. And, their estimates did not include use of a car for 2 days. Coggin Honda served us well - we are extremely satisfied. The Servicd Mgr provided excellent communications, the price was fair, the car continues to run well, and our mini-vacation was rescued! They knew they might never see us again but that did not matter in the way we were treated. We do not live locally so we cannot refer neighbors. However, if you live in the Orlando area and are reading this because, like us, you need a quality Honda dealership for service, go see Coggin Honda.

Great experience, friendly sales reps

Very pleased with my recent experience here. Did not have a positive experience at another Honda dealer in town. Devon was an excellent and positive sales person who provided me a selection based on my budget and preferences. Eric the sales manager was helpful and friendly during our negotiations. Both gentlemen made me feel comfortable and welcome and provided valuable information regarding financing warranty.

1.0

Sales rep are liars

I was totally disappointed with Coggin Honda of Orlando I was lied to by Lubna and Wilbert drove four hours for them to tell me I did not have a deal all the way I was coming they told me I had a deal with 1000 down this place is totally not reliable at all

Highly recommend this place!

Went there to get a car and the whole team went above and beyond specially Emmanuel Pacheco he did his best to get me on a car as he promised and he got me in a car, can’t thank them enough for everything they did, everyone helped! Love them if you guys need a car this is where to go! 👍🏻