BMW of San Diego

4.5

4.5

A dealership’s rating is calculated by averaging its lifetime reviews.

No complaints

Answered all my questions, I was updated throughout the process of my car coming from overseas, and they followed up to see how I was enjoying my car.

Dealer response

Hi, Doris! BMW of San Diego appreciates the 5-stars and feedback. Safe travels in your new car!

3.0

Three Strikes!!!

Three Strikes: I took my 5 Series in for its first service and a recall was also due. Strike 1…When I asked my service advisor to explain the recall he could not. The service advisor said the servicing and recall would take a day to complete. Strike 2…it took a day and a half and I received no updates from the service advisor. I went to pick up the car only after I called and was finally told the car was done. Strike 3…I arrived at the dealership, told them I was there to pick up my car, they called to have my car deliver to the pick up point. After waiting for ~20 minutes I noticed my car was parked at the side of the building and a man in a red shirt was airing up the tires. Strike 3…the morning that I drove my car to the dealership there was a notice on the display to check the air in the tires. Seeing someone at the side of the building airing up all four tires just before handing the car back to me tells me that the service technician never completed all the required checks during the secheduled servicing. Totally Unsatisfactory!

Dealer response

Hello, I would like to learn more about the service and recall for your 5 Series. We pride ourselves on the high-quality standards we maintain here at BMW of San Diego and I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about your feedback. Could you please email your preferred contact information to me at wasaro@penskeautomotive.com? Thank you, William Asaro, Service Manager, BMW of San Diego

1.0

Correction to previous review; 5 stars, not 1!

This is a correction to my previous review, because I meant to give five (5) stars, not one (1). I’m not sure what happened, but just to clarify, I am giving this dealership five stars for their outstanding service.

Dealer response

Thank you for taking the time to clarify your review and recognize our outstanding service at BMW of San Diego. If we can be of further assistance with anything, please do not hesitate to reach out directly.

1.0

Definitely go here for your BMW needs

Great staff, attention to detail, and would recommend to anyone anytime. They gave me a great deal on a car where other dealerships said it was impossible. That is awesome.

Dealer response

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to share your awesome experience with our team! However, we are concerned with your rating. Was there anything, in particular, that didn't meet your expectations? We would like the chance to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact me directly at: czwiener@penskeautomotive.com Best, Christine Zwiener BMW of San Diego czwiener@penskeautomotive.com

Bmw service

It has always been a geat experience to bring my bmw to the best dealership in San Diego county.. Bmw of San Diego located in Kearny Mesa

Dealer response

BMW of San Diego wants to thank you for the five-star rating, we appreciate the comments regarding the visit!

Fantastic experience!

One of the best dealerships all-around that I’ve worked with. They’re genuine, knowledgeable and trustworthy - all the qualities you look for in a car dealership of higher-end cars.

Dealer response

Thank you for the great review and 5-star rating. We are pleased to know our Sales Team ensured you had a good experience during your visit here at BMW of San Diego. We look forward to your next visit.

Highly recommend

Jovanni and the entire sales/finance team were super helpful in me finding and purchasing the car I wanted!!! I highly recommend coming to this dealership despite the car shortage and pandemic.

Dealer response

BMW of San Diego wants to thank you for the five-star rating. We appreciate the comments regarding the visit!

4.0

Transparency

When giving a “Total” to your client, please included the “Total”, include the tax as well. I went to pick up my vehicle and was expecting to pay a certain amount, but find out that the total amount didn’t include the tax. Personally, when I ask what I will be paying all in all, I would expect the entire amount, especially if one is paying in excess of the thousands range.

Professionalism , Style, Best Customer Service

My wife and I visited 4 other dealerships prior to arriving at BMW and was not greeted by any sales associates. We entered facilities and walked their lot and nothing. When we arrived at BMW as soon as we exited our vehicle and approached the lot, we noticed Matt approaching us. We knew we were in the right place. Matt was patient and very knowledgeable. He was also professional and kind as he listened to my rant of not receiving service at other locations. We had a pre approved check in hand and was ready to do the deal but Matt suggested that he was certain that BMW could beat the APR I currently had. He was correct! This was a wonderful experience from start to finish. We planned to purchase an X5 but walked away with the X7. This exceeded our expectations and couldn’t be more satisfied. Thanks Matt and BMW for top end customer service!

Dealer response

Thank you for your awesome feedback, Norman. We are extremely thrilled to learn that your purchasing process went well for you and your wife and our Sales Team provided you with top-notch customer service, greeting you as you arrived, being patient and knowledgeable, and exceeded your expectations. Congratulations on the new X7 and we appreciate you doing business with us at BMW of San Diego.

Amazing Service

We took our BMW in for service and we thought it would take 3-5 days to get it back. We waited a few minutes to sign the paperwork and they told us our SUV would be ready in 90 minutes. We were shocked. Couldn’t be happier. Everyone is so friendly.

Dealer response

Hello Marilyn! Thank you for sharing your feedback and we are pleased that your service went well and our Service Team got you taken care of in a very timely and friendly manner. We appreciate you doing business with us at BMW of San Diego.