2005 Acura TL consumer reviews

side view of 2005 TL Acura
Explore the 2005 Acura TL
Shop the 2005 Acura TL

Bought new in Oct 2004, Black Ext and Int only 69K

This car meets all expectations- performance with decent gas mileage and road trips with great gas mileage. Only 3 issues over the years ? Blue Tooth failed, door latch activator have gone out on 3 doors and stereo amplifier went out. I will probably keep another 10 years!

4.4

Great car.

This car has an exterior design that was ahead of its time so ages very nicely. Was my daily for 4 years and never gave me too much trouble. I bought my car used and aside from the normal wear and tear it didn't have much surprise fixes needed.

Nice vehicle

This car was awesome and great price for this vehicle I paid... It was one of the best cars I have ever purchased... I'd recommend to anyone...

Amazing bang for the buck

About to sell mine. Absurdly reliable. Best combination of fun and economy of all 12 cars I have owned. Wish they still made them.

Nice family car with a little get up and go.

It is everything you could ask for in a sedan. Speed, comfort, room, and luxury. It also has technology that is still up to date like the bluetooth phone connectivity with steering wheel controls so you are hands free.

A new driving experience

This car is very sleek, the interior is comfortable and power it has is exactly what I wanted. Definitely a huge difference from the older American car I was driving.

Very reliable and stylish car

I bought a 10-year-old TL with 93,000 miles and it still drives like it?s new. It?s definitely sporty and has a powerful engine, and the interior is very well designed and luxurious. Given the mechanics at the dealership said they see many of these with over 200,000 miles, I plan to be driving it for many years to come.

Smooth Ride

Japanese quality car. Never run into any problems, very easy to do mechanical work on, like changing breaks, oil, or tune-ups. One of the smoothest rides for a car that is over 12 years old. Also, really powerful vehicle.

It is very reliable and safe.

It is a very reliable car. It is very steady on the road and maintains a steady acceleration. It is hard to lose control of the car. The engine performance is very good and is very low maintenance car.

4.1

2005 Acura TL Sedan

The vehicle overall is a good buy. It gets decent gas mileage (25 combined on premium), interior, and styling. I was disappointed that the dash started cracking even though it was garage kept most of the time. The car is black with tan leather and you would think for a vehicle donning the Acura badge that the build quality would be better. I consulted the local Acura dealership about it and they wanted to charge me $1,800 to replace the dash. This is absolutely ridiculous and I would think that the manufacturer would replace something like this. Other than this issue, the car has been a reliable vehicle to own. Service costs are above average. I have had to replace the rack and pinion due to a leak near the base of the steering column which cost me $1,200. The Bluetooth hands free stopped working about a year or so of owning it and I don't think it is worth the money to replace.