Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2018 530e

2018 BMW 530e

2018 BMW 530e

Have You Driven the 2018 BMW 530e?

New and In Love

by Treepusher from Kingston, Mass. on Wed Nov 15 2017

This is my seventh BMW over the years--3's, 5's, X's and Z's--and while it's still new to me, first impression is that it's the best yet! What jumps out is how amazingly quiet it is. The best part is the instant acceleration, no turbo spool-up delay, no hiccup and waiting for the car to decide if you really wanted to go after all--it just goes, no argument. And that's handy when you're trying to pull a heavy vehicle into traffic. I've read reviews that claim the steering is numb. I don't find it so. The car is readily responsive to the wheel, but it's a heavy beast at over 4200 pounds, and high school physics tells you it's just not going to feel or act like an e36 three-series, folks. But it's still a BMW and drives like one. I will say the 530e feels far more athletic than my previous Five-series diesel at just about the same weight, but still very solid and planted at over 80 mph (not that I was going over 80, officer...). The interior is amazing--ambient Disco lighting has come to BMW! Love it! The seats are the most comfortable I've yet had in a BMW. The touch screen is a big improvement, less fiddling with the iDrive controller. Haven't tried the Apple CarPlay yet, so can't speak to that. The standard stereo came with this particular model, and it's okay. Not great, but okay. If I'd had a choice--and I didnt--I'd go with the reasonably priced Harmon-Kardon upgrade (their top-end diamond system is likely a jaw-dropper, but for $4000, it'd better be!) My commute is 12 miles, and so far I'm doing around 70 mpge. Can't complain about that! I do wish the batteries had more range, but we're taking baby steps into the future of all-electric cars, and it's currently a weight and trunk-space trade-off. As the technology improves, so will the range, and for now, anything that helps kick up relatively non-polluting mileage is good for everyone. Overall, like almost everyone with a new vehicle, I'm infatuated with it, but I expect even as the newness wears off, this will turn into the BMW that will top my list of favorite cars.

So quiet, luxurious and drives like a charm

by carfan28 from Dallas, TX on Mon Jul 30 2018

I have driven around 1400 miles on mine and it has given me 78 mpg. (not mpge, mpg). I just remember to plus it in every night and charge it at work as well. Best features - Very quiet refined ride, chooses the drive mode very well (as soon as I start on freeway ramp, it turns off electric mode, and turns on electric mode as soon as I take the exit), Always connected to my phone, Cannot tell by listening of feeling if it it on electric mode or gas mode, Base audio system is great, everything I touch feels high quality, no maintenance cost for 3 years, battery and electric warranty for 8 years. I am loving this car. The ambient lighting inside is awesome at night. Pickup is instantaneous and very quite. It gives around 20 miles in electric mode alone. I like it that i can take it to any long distance road trip without worrying about charging. For 1400 miles so far, i have only been to the gas station once for a 10 gallon fill up, it came with a full gas tank from the dealer. This car relaxes you on your road trip like no other.

Best car I ever owned

by KDahdah from Coral Springs on Sun Jul 22 2018

Luxury but the ultimate driving experience, technology is amazing, the hybrid feature allows me not to spend any money on gas going to work every day..beast under the hood..

Best BMW ever owned

by Best Ever BMW from Glen Burnie, MD on Mon Aug 27 2018

This car is stylish inside and out and gets excellent gas milage with the hybrid option. It does not deteriorate the performance in anyway and has good getup and go.

Best car we ever owned

by Chick10 from MCLEAN, VA on Wed Sep 19 2018

Fantastic design. Super high tech but very intuitive and easy to figure our and adapt even by old folks. Amazing safety features. We drove an Audi 6 for 7 years. The BMW is Orders of magnitude nicer, more comfortable and better equipped. Anything you?d ever want or need comes standard. No upsaling as is so often the case with Audi and Mercedes. Very pleased with our new BMW!!! Our dealership, BMW of Fairfax is superb! Go see Erik.

530e Plug in Hybrid

by Mdeplasco from Brandon on Sat Oct 06 2018

Love this car from the impressive lines to a stylish interior. Wonderful drive both using gasoline or electric. I feel very green and my carbon foot print is diminished.

Simply amazed by this car.

by Sean from San diego. CA on Sun Oct 28 2018

Plug in hybrid is perfect for my commute. With the tax incentives and gas saving. it only make Sense to get a car I like and save money on the same time.

BMW 530e

by JeremyATL on Tue Nov 07 2017

Wanted a BMW 5 series but also wanted to make it as sporty as possible. By upgrading to the M package, it made a world of difference. I'm still evaluating the Hybrid technology but it feels pretty seamless from gas engine in transition and offers a boost when accelerating quickly. Even in auto mode where it controls moving between gas and battery, it really wants to just use the battery unless gas is absolutely necessary so it drains really quickly. Basically have to charge every night if you want to take full advantage. The interior is very well designed and the new touch screen display is clean, responsive and easy to navigate.

Perfect balance of economy and performance

by Paul from Whittier, CA on Mon Apr 16 2018

This car is the perfect balance of performance and economy. I am getting over 50 mpg (combined) and not giving up any power or speed. Very comfortable ride, great handling and enough technology to satisfy anyone. Highly recommended.

Luxury medium size sedan

by Asafbenatia1 on Mon Apr 23 2018

Very good car, good handling, fast, very luxurious feeling, I just love it! I recommend to take the car with the harman kardon system, very good one.

1 2