2011 Chevrolet Avalanche consumer reviews

side view of 2011 Avalanche Chevrolet
Explore the 2011 Avalanche Chevrolet
Shop the 2011 Avalanche Chevrolet

On my Third Avalanche

I started with a 2004, then a 2007, now a 2011 LTZ. I love it. Never had one single problem with it, have only done regular maintenance. It's very sad that GM stopped production of the Avalanche. Don't know what I will do next! If you are looking for used vehicle (since you cannot buy new ones now) I recommend you find one and hang on to it. Another great thing is that since they stopped making it, those of us that own them are enjoying high resell value! An Avy rides somewhere in between truck and an SUV like say a Suburban. Nice ride on the highway. Does decent in snow and ice etc.

Awsome pickup, 2nd one i have owned

Owned a 2002 and wore it out, thrilled to replace it with another Avalanche. The fold down between bed and cab great, wish they had not stopped making them. 2011 is a great improvement over the 2002, my only personal dislike is the woodgrain but thats just my preference.

Best large truck/SUV I've owned

So impressed with the Avalanche LTZ. I've owned Mercedes ML, GL & Range Rover and overall performance dominates the Rover and ML at about 30k less. The Avalanche doesn't handle like a truck at all. It's very smooth, clean and quiet. It's turning radius is fantastic for a large vehicle and creature comforts are great and really close to par with Mercedes & RR. It's super roomy too and great for weekend jobs and family campouts. Better jump on the 2013's because this will be the last model year.

Awesome

Love my new Avalanche - second one I've owned So sad they will be ending production! or I would be buying another in a few years

3.7

Basic Truck

Very bad Fuel Economy. Can't tow for its life. Very pricey. Woudn't recomend unless you drive on the road. Dose great through car washes! I would buy a F-150 over this.

2011 Avalanche great vehicle so far

I really like the flexibility the vehicle provides. Rides as nice as the 2008 Denali I had and offers me pick up flexibility. I would definately recomend the vehicle so far. It is pricey, and gas milage isnt great, but I think you expect both when buying this caliber of vehicle

Geat Truck

Just got a used 2011. I owned a 2002 for 8 years and it was very reliable. This is the first time I've bought the same model truck. My 2002 was such a good truck, I had to go for another one. The 2011 has improved engine performance and fuel milage. So far very happy with it. Would highly recommend the Avalanche.

4.1

Nice truck

I recently traded in a 2006 King Ranch F 150 for this 2011 Avalanche. I've only owned it about a month and only driving about 2,500 miles, but so far I've been very pleased. In my old F 150 I was only getting about 12 mpg around town and 15 - 16 mpg on highway. With Avalanche, I'm getting a solid close to 16 mpg around town and got 20 mpg on a 250 interstate drive. It is a noticeable upgrade in fuel economy from old truck. It is a nicer, quieter ride too. Feels less like a truck than old one.

my first truck and it's the best!!!!

this is the best car period, i have ever owned. i wish would have bought this truck eight years ago.

Excellent Truck

This is the 2nd Avalanche I have owned. I sold my 2004 with 130k miles on it and never had a problem with it. I like the look of the Ford F150 more but being able to put 8 foot pieces of sheetrock, plywood or 2x4's into the truck and then close the tailgate and have it be waterproof, is very importatnt to me. The 2011 was a major up-grade from the 2004 and I would highly recommend it to anyone.