2000 Chevrolet Blazer consumer reviews

$19,070 starting MSRP
side view of 2000 Blazer Chevrolet
Explore the 2000 Chevrolet Blazer

Clean

It's a beast of a Chevy. The motor runs great, starts right up, heat & a/c works. 4WD is wonderful, New tires will last a long time, Awesome sound system, Safety is #1 when buying a vehicle and this truck is beyond safe. Tired of getting stuck in the snow? Or not being able to go anywhere because it's snowing? Then this truck is for you. The Blazer is immaculate when it comes to driving in deep slippery snowy roads, which is another reason it's really safe. I wouldn't hesitate to tell a friend to buy this truck.

3.7

Great During a Rollover

I haven't been able to find a review about the rollover ratings for the 2000 Chevy Blazer BUT I just got out of a bad wreck involving my Blazer. I hit black ice going 60mph on the interstate and my blazer rolled 3 times with the first impact being on mine, the drivers side. At that speed, the vehicle held up GREAT! At the point where the driver's side window and the front windshield met, it did get pushed in as far as my where my head was (there was minor brain damage) BUT it still held up great! It could have been a LOT worse and the damage could have been a lot worse in regards to where the driver and the passenger were sitting. The car was considered totaled but I am thankful that no more damage was done. I consider the blazer having held up really well!

4.4

good truck

i have had my 2000 for 3 years and it has been great ok on gas and great for daily use towed a car from alabama to florida no problem at all

3.0

Worst car ive owned!!!

had the car for two months, ball joints went, six months it locked itself in four wheel low and took the mechanics two weeks to knock it out. bad 4wd module, was told it was a typical problem. the governer chip made this thing terrible if ur in a hurry in the morning or try flooring it, the car sounds like it will bogg down if u do without letting it warm up, not a very settling feeling. tranny was slipping and leaking fluid out the pan. typical 4.3 liter. why do u think they changed to a 4.2 inline 6 in 02??? the engine has decent power, certainly not that of its rivals but was ok. i got rid of this demon before it really got bad, bad resale value and not reliable enough to keep. so yea i wouldnt touch another. also in the winter at about 15 degrees it took me 10 minutes to start this beast, ive seen things which are carburated start better. i liked the leather seats and the gas wasnt all too bad. nice big mirrors. and decent room in the cabin, unsafe feeling handling. looks old. too boxy with bad crash test ratings. owned it for 7 months and its gone because of too many problems and bought it with 75k and sold it with 81k!!!

What a great truck

First I would have to say that only real reason that this is not my favorit truck is because does not have a diesel engine. That aside, I bough my 2000 Chevy Blazer about a 2 years ago from my uncle. When i got it it had around 70,000 miles on it and it was like new. No rust, no problems what so ever. Now after 2 years its still just as good as when i got it. I have the 4 wheel drive one and it has been a life save during the new england winters. The 4 wheel drive is really great for what the average person or for your basic off roading. I have not done any serous off roading in it but it got though every thing i threw at it no problem. It now as 138,000 miles on it and a side from basic manintance and a new set of tires I have had no issues with this truck. It has taken 10 years of rather hard use from towing boats, off roading, and traveling across the country, but it still is in amazing condition, and when I do wash it, it looks not a day old. If I had to pick out something bad about it I would say fuel econ. I get about 20 on the high way and about 16 in the city. But if thats what your worried about why are you looking at trucks. Its taken everything this 22 year old threw at it and like all other chevys I have had, it has never let me down.

Great little SUV

I bought my Blazer with just shy of 100,000 miles on it. Most people wouldn't even touch a vehicle with this many miles on it but mine now is just under 140,000 miles and it is running VERY strong. For those of you who need a vehicle for offroading I have never gotten this thing stuck and I have only used 4 low once. As a people hauler it will easily fit 5 people of decent size. As with all vehicles this one has an issue or two. For some reason GM didn't equip the S-10/Sonoma series vehicles (small pickups, Blazer's, Jimmy's, Bravada's) with strong enough lower ball joints so be prepared to replace them at least once in the vehicles lifetime. The 4.3 liter engine is a proven engine that has been around since the early 80's and is still used as the "small" engine for the full size pickups today. Overall this is an extremely versatile vehicle that requires a minimum amount of effort to maintain.

i love my blazer

this is my 4th blazer. by far the newest and im impressed.2000 4wd ls,my only problem is my milage but with a k&n air filter$50, and a throttle body spacer$120 i have improved my milage from 16mpg avg. to 21mpg.with a little exhaust mod i should be able to get 24 to 26mpg avg. and ill save the $500 it took within 6 months.i llive in west virginia and these mountains demand the best from any sport utility.so far it has met the challenge in the woods, snow, and on long trips.

4.3

Expect Maintenance

Bought this car at 75,000 miles. At 80,000 miles started to hear a buzzing noise in right front wheel - replaced bearing. About 1,000 miles after that the other front right hub bearing went. Had to replace gas gauge, front ABS sensors, and both lower ball joints. Once all this work was done, the car runs great. Very reliable, and still in great condition - no body rust. Highway mileage is never higher than 18mpg, and city can get as low as 12 mpg.

3.4

Missing my blazer

I totalled my blazer and I have to say it was very good to me. I could have been killed or injured badly and everyone was shocked i wasnt. I feel god and my blazer protected me. I just wish i could have protected my blazer. I am also buying with my insurance check a new trail blazer.. chevy blazers forever...

Great SUV

I've had this vehicle since 2000 and it has been very reliable. It is smooth driving in the city and yet I can take it to the mountains and get where I need to go. I have not had the issues that a couple of the reviewers mentioned. After such a great experience with this vehicle I will very likely consider another Blazer for my next vehicle (although I think that time is a long ways off!).