2000 Chevrolet Blazer consumer reviews

side view of 2000 Blazer Chevrolet
Explore the 2000 Chevrolet Blazer
3.9

? about 2000 chevy blazer

I have a 2000 Chevy Blazer with 126,000 miles on it. So far it been a good car. But at 110,000 miles had to put a rebuild trans in it. The heat went in it. And I live in a hille area and I need the 4wd in the winter did great with that. Had some small problem with the oil lines and tires. Would go through tires just wear them good. Other then that still going

4.0

Fun and Versatile 4x4

This vehicle is one of the most versatile i have seen. I like the way the rear seats fold down quickly and easily as well as the push button 4x4. It handles better than any SUV i have driven. The 4.3 vortec is a very torquey engine and isn't known to have many problems. If your buying used just get it checked out by a mechanic as you should with any vehicle.

4.0

very good vehicle

Bought this vehicle used in Nov 2006, had 90,000 miles on it. So far have only replaced the battery. Excellent in the snow(important in NH). Good ride. Not bad looking. Have the LT version. Used as a second vehicle and now have 102,000 miles on it. Get decent gas milage. Will keep the vehicle until it quits

1.6

Money pit

The 2000 Blazer LT we owned was the biggest peice of junk I have ever driven. Before we had drove it 50K: replaced alternator, replaced all four hubs and rotors/drums, replaced several batteries (carniverous electrical system?), replaced both front CV joints, had a couple different power features like a window and rear wiper go out, the transmission was slipping and gas mileage was about 4-5 mpg less than the touted 22MPG. This was our first and last GM product.

4.3

Solid SUV

The S-10 platform for GM is one of the best all around vehicles produced. Eats up the snow in 4wd, gets on it when you need it, and is spacious to drive long distances. Cheap to maintain, this is the 6th Blazer we've had in our family, AND ALL OF THEM HAVE REACHED 250,000 MILES. Take care of your vehicle, and it will take care of you. Cheaper to maintain things than it is to buy new. GM's only downfall is it's ability to destroy fuel pumps...so if you do ever drive ANY Chevrolet, always keep the tank above a 1/4 full. The pump is cooled by fuel passing through it. When it runs low, heat builds.

4.1

Great car (2000 Chevy Blazer-TrailBlazer package)

I got my TrailBlazer with 107k miles, it has about 113k miles on it now. no problems with it. It does good with gas if you take it easy. I love the 4WD auto setting, it gives me good fuel economy and the traction i need. I get good remarks on it all the time. I'm only 17 and i have the nicest car my family, which has 4 other vehicles. I love this car so much I put a Cold Air Intake in it!!!

Great truck

I bought this car with 83,563 miles on it it runs good ive towed 4000pd ski boats with it great power . the only problem with it is the fuel gauge goes crazy and the it quit working but overall great truck

I Love It

Best car I ever bought, this is my fourth car and it is absolutely the best car i have ever bought, runs perfectly and I know my son is safe in it. I love the fold down seats, from the minute I saw it I had to have it!!!!

BLAZZZZZER RULES!

I have to say this SUV has done alot for me. My 1999 Mountaineer was totalted in a wind storm because of a tree and i have 4 kids. Fitting the kids in it was not that big. I felt safe in the winter. Great Gas milage if you keep it in 2wd. Okay milage when its in 4wd. I travel in the car too and it is very reliable. My blazer has over 110,000 km on it. i have to say it is noisy.

2.3

was fine untill 100k

I bought this used off my cousin, and it had around 30k at the time, I have put 80k on it. I have had a lot of trouble out of it, small things at first like the fuel gauge being irratic (saying F when E or vice versa) around 100k I started to develop a firing issue, spitting sputtering, no answer has been found yet, costly and annoying, and ruins my gas milage. also the heater core went out,,, PAIN to get to to replace Plus the 2 door is pointless for more than two people, nice back seat but you cant get in or out... Over all I hate it... and I am buying a Toyota tomorrow...