2005 Chevrolet Equinox

nice car

by from Aurora, IN on June 11, 2009

I have owned many new cars but this was my first experience in a SUV/Crossover. I bought it new and it has been great, no major problems or issues and I drive the car alot. I have over 90K on the car and it still looks and drives nice. I would say it is a great car. My car has the sun roof and the LT package, it was all the stuff I needed.

Best small SUV

by from mi on August 15, 2011

Great vehicle,for a good price..We purchased ours about a year ago. Could not afford some of the same size vehicles. Not any issues,except normal maintenance. Great gas mileage. So far , we couldn't ask for more

Great So Far

by from Phoenix, AZ on July 11, 2007

I have had this vehicle two and a half years....has 34,900 miles on it. The only thing I have had to replace is the battery. It was only due to extremely high heat here in AZ. Anyhow, my only complaints are the interior cloth collects any type of stains and they are impossible to get out. The buttons on the CD/Stereo started chipping off the week I got the vehicle. Other than that, it rides well...plenty of room and low price for what you get.

2005 Equinox

by from on December 6, 2011

Nice car. Held up very well. Drove over 120,000 miles with few problems. Bought low. Good trade in value.

Best suv ever

by from Minnesota on March 1, 2016

I bought this suv new in 2005. Had no real repairs until year 7. I would recommend this suv or every one. I have enjoyed this suv for 11 years and 169,000 miles and still going strong!

chevy does it again

by from chicago il on June 24, 2011

i bought this car new.it was nice and it had a sporty style.good on gas.good engin. comfy.smooth ride and roomy .this car dependable at 128,763miles it as today and still runs good no proublems no nothin all my car has needed was gas oil brakes and fuel injenstion oh and tires (2)

Liked it a lot

by from Cleveland,OH on September 28, 2011

All around Great vehicle!! Loved the ride! When I got it, it was the only vehicle on the lot i wasn't interested in until I got talked into a test drive and fell in love!!

Like it!

by from Central Wisconsin on May 13, 2006

I bought the Equinox to be able to pull my 1500 lb. boat, and hopefully get good enough MPG for a 100 mile round trip to work. It pulls the boat with ease. I like the V6 and 5 speed automatic combination. I like the Chevy truck look. Power is decent, and the smooth ride is car like. It has a huge back seat. I don't like the response from the steering, which seems to have a huge turning radius for a compact SUV, and wind the noise seems a bit excessive. The seat fabric also stains very easily and is hard to clean. I have been disappointed with the MPG, which even with mostly easy highway driving is consistently 20-22 MPG. Not bad, but not the 25 I expected. So far, the only problem was rear wheel bearings, which became noisy and were replaced under warranty at 25,000 miles. Overall, I like the vehicle and would recommend it.

I like it.

by from Keansburg, NJ on January 19, 2008

I have over 60K miles on mine and it has run really well. No serious problems at all and it has been very reliable. Headlight was a pain to replace when it burned out but I can live with it for reliablility. The heater/ac fan is very powerful on high but the car stays very comfortable on the coldest or warmest of days because it is moving plenty of air. My complaints..the material covering the seats stains to easily..it's a pain to keep the seats clean. Paint is coming off on the buttons of the radio but I got the factory default which is a pretty cheap radio and it's easy enough to replace if I want to. It works good and sounds great. Other then that not one problem and it's fuel efficient and has a ton of room for the back passengers!

Very Good Value

by from Connecticut on March 31, 2014

Purchased LT new in 2004...reaching 10 year mark with 110,000 miles...solid performer...great for back and forth to college with my daughter...sliding back seat great addition...mileage good...performance good...dependable and decent looking

Our Expert Review: 2005 Chevrolet Equinox