2005 Equinox

3.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Very Good Value

by Chris from Connecticut on March 31, 2014

Purchased LT new in 2004...reaching 10 year mark with 110,000 miles...solid performer...great for back and forth to college with my daughter...sliding back seat great addition...mileage good...performance good...dependable and decent looking

good suv

by nice from state college on September 5, 2013

i have 80,000 miles on it and the only thing that it has had to have replaced is the fuel pump but its a great car

Perfect size suv.

by Jomama from Appleton WI on May 13, 2017

Tons of room without feeling like you are driving a boat! It's small, sleek and the back seat has room for adult legs!

I Enjoy Driving It

by Snoopy05 Goes Bye Bye from South Point,Ohio on January 14, 2009

I have been looking at the Equinox for a while and you see alot of them on the road.I like dealing in cars and I am a GM man all the way. so today I go to the repo sale and bought a 2005 Equinox LT AWD with 70k on it. I love it!!!! I thought the ride and acceleration was Great!!! I have to say I like the way the AWD handles compared to the 2WD.It snowed about 3 to 4 inch while we were at the sale and the equinox handled great in the snow.Alot of people say the 3.4 isnt powerful in them but I have to say you have to watch your speed.I have a 2000 Grand Am with the 3.4 and it is a power house and gets great fuel mileage.I havent checked the Equinox mileage yet but it seem to do good just by gauge on a 215 mile trip home, from full to about 3/4 tank left.I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who is looking for a Sporty SUV.

Awesome gas saver !!

by StephLara from on May 23, 2017

Really great car , really dependable. My family loves this vehicle . Spacious , have 2 car seats inside . Spacious for grocery shopping also !!

Smooth Ride!!!

by OmegaCT on January 23, 2018

I went to look at used cars and found a 2005 Chevy Equinox all white, looking good and sitting with a deal of the day tag! The stylish view of this suv caught my eye immediately. The vehicle drove quiet and smooth even being at 115,000 miles. Leather seats, comfort and roomy. Kids loved having space between them finally--no arguments! You would not believe this was a 2005 as it is so clean and modern looking. Loved it so much, bought it right then and there and was driving away with it, plates on, in 2 hours!

Solid American Car

by Sigviscious from Seattle, WA on May 10, 2010

I'll start with the cons, because in my 5+ years of owning this vehicle as a commuter car, family truckster, and general al-purpose transporter, I have only a few: 1. The rear headrests on the 2005 are very large. They are not removable either, so you aren't able to switch them out for the newer, smaller ones. I use my mirrors to compensate, so it's not a huge problem. 2. Turning radius is large, which is a pain sometimes when navigating small streets with roundabouts. 3. Cupholders. The front armrest cupholder prohibits the use of the e-brake, which is a nuicance when trying to park. However, there is a single cupholder right below it for use when driving alone, so again, not a huge problem. 4. Cabin noise. Road materials might be the culprit, but this car is noisy. However, when driving on smooth surfaces, it's quiet as anything else I've ever driven. 5. No Auxiliary input. Annoying since everyone owns an MP3 player, and every car seems to have on now (even the newer Equinox's). 6. Surface-mounted external antenna. Seriously, this car is from 2005, not 1965. Technology has advanced. Pros: everything else. No problems with performance, reliability, durability, etc. Love the tan interior and black exterior, the movable back seat, the premium sound, the interior room, etc. I've driven this car in every scenario imaginable, and it's been wonderful.

Best small SUV

by agr from mi on August 15, 2011

Great vehicle,for a good price..We purchased ours about a year ago. Could not afford some of the same size vehicles. Not any issues,except normal maintenance. Great gas mileage. So far , we couldn't ask for more

Very good SUV

by FCB from Erie, pa on July 20, 2013

Bought this SUV in 2009 with 42,000 on it. have 105,000 on it and it has been a really nice car. Get 21 MPG in mixed driving (AWD) and as much as 26 MPG on highway. My neighbor has one with 219,000 on it. My wife says this is her favorite car we have owned. Good in snow, no issues with sunroof, and nice leather interior. The one complaint I would have is the turning radius.

Love this car!!!

by SUV Enthusiast from New Albany, OH on October 13, 2013

I had a 2005 Equinox LT for 4 years. It was the best car I have ever owned! I have had no really serious problems with this car. Had to replace the CD player in it, not a big deal. Got the same exact style and it works just fine. Very comfortable car. I have been told by a few people that it is more comfortable than a Trailblazer. Backseat is very spacious. I have never felt cramped in this car. It handles very well in the snow. Never got stuck. I have moved with this vehicle and it would fit quite a bit of boxes. I got anywhere between 19-23 mpg. It all depends on how you take care of your car. The only reason I don't have it anymore is because it got totaled. But it is a very reliable car!!!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8