Skip to main content

• Exterior 4.7
Explore the 2019 Chevrolet Malibu
Shop the 2019 Chevrolet Malibu

Nice running car

Good running car, good mileage, little things like plastic on front passenger seat lever to move seat coming off, light in trunk keeps popping out

Fun to drive

This car is perfect for my needs, looks sporty and economical to operate. I couldn't be happier. My grandson loves it so much he keeps begging for me to give it to him. No chance.

2019 Premier 2LZ

Purchased new last August (2019)...I went back and forth between choosing an LT vs Premier but ended up choosing the Premier because it had all the features I wanted, especially adaptive cruise control. Also, the exterior styling (including the '19 inch wheels) give the vehicle a more interesting appearance. I chose the color "Pacific Blue Metallic" which is beautiful (and only available on the '19 model) but exceptionally hard to keep clean. Sure, the Premier is fairly expensive but if you do your homework and are willing to "look elsewhere" you can make a good deal....my Premier stickered for over $36k but I was able to purchase it for just below $27k and the dealer was willing to negotiate. Besides the adaptive cruise control and a full host of safety tech I especially like the programmable dash controls (though I wish it had the boost gauge like the ones in Canada offer) and the "over the air" updates available on the tech side. "Alexa by Amazon" was recently added to my vehicle and was super easy to set up and use. The Premier's interior is nicer than the LT's with more leather covered surfaces and padding and all outboard seats including the rear seats are heated. Heated steering wheel...ventilated front seats are a great feature too. I find the interior design tasteful and muted (which I like) although I find the leather seats are only comfortable...not "super-comfortable". Large trunk that's nicely detailed with easy use pull handles to swing the back seat backs down for additional storage. I find visibility is good and with all the parking and tech assist features I've had no issues with seeing what's around me. 2.0T engine is quite peppy although it's only "recommended" I've been using Premium gas only so far, so it's something to consider especially WHEN (not if) gasoline prices head north. 9 speed automatic transmission has worked flawlessly and shifts are not even noticeable. My only real complaints are there isn't an interior trunk release button which I've found highly annoying. I have to either use the key fob or a hard to locate button on the back end of the vehicle to open the trunk. The front seat console lid feels exceptionally flimsy...although its upholstered in leather it feels like it's made of cardboard and has left me with impression that @ some point I'm going to open it and it's going to come apart in my hand. On the tech side, I've found the "automatic parking assist" useless and gimmicky. It's a neat feature to show people but in the real world I've yet to find a reason to use it. I'm not a fan of the "push to open" gas filler door either as I suspect over time my constant pushing is going to wear the paint and eventually form a dent. The filler door also feels super-cheap in movement and weight. Not a fan of the cap-less fuel intake either. That said, I'm very satisfied with my purchase of my 19 Malibu Premier 2LZ...zero mechanical issues to date. No recalls to date. I love the style and wish more folks would choose sedans over the CUV/SUV craze and Chevrolet would invest more into promoting their sedans (what's left of them). It's my understanding the 2023 model will be the last for the Malibu and I find that sad as it means it will probably be my last Chevrolet as I won't be forced into purchasing one of their CUV's or SUV's and I have absolutely no reason for purchasing a truck. Perhaps a Genesis or Hyundai is in my future? #savethesedans

My first car!

I love the car so far! I have had it 2 weeks and it is everything I wanted in a car! Great leg room, comfy and rides so smooth!

Handles well and built for Comfort !

I love the comfortable seating. The bigger interior compared to smaller cars. The large trunk. I enjoy the technology that takes out most guesswork .

4.0

Just bought it and haven't driven it very far yet

Handles nicely and sound system is good, wider tires make for a smoother ride . Like all the extra features it has and my husband says the AC is directed away from his face.

Great car! It feels like I’m riding on clouds

Pretty color, drives nice, interior is spotless! I love the Bluetooth connect and the back up camera. The inside is very spacious. The trunk is also spacious.

Great little car

This car is an awesome Chevy. It fits me good and is very well equipped. Lt model. I always buy Chevies. Old and new. A bit of an adjustment from driving a pickup. But an excellent fit for me. Plus great mileage.

Best mpg car I've ever owned.

Fabulous car for the money. Great value and quality. Ride and styling great. Smooth and quiet engine. Find a good deal on Cars.com. Haven't owned a Chevrolet in years.

1.0

After 50 yrs of driving Chevy's I'm looking at oth

I am disappointed in this vehicle . . . * After purchase & reading the owners manual, we found that GM recommends premium gas for this 4 cyl. car. This amounts to additional operating costs, and had the salesman pointed this out to us, we would not have purchased the car. * After purchase, we discovered that the Onstar feature does not work in the rural area around our home. This is due to Onstar changing from satellite signals to AT&T tower signals. AT&T service is not available in our area, so we are just out-of-luck. The crash assistance and unlock features that we were used to having with our previous car, is not an option for me. * This vehicle does not have a seatbelt adjustment feature. The seatbelt comes across my wife's neck instead of her shoulder. * The headlights are very narrow, and there is a dark shadow above the beam of light. This is especially bad going downhill or around curves. It gives the illusion of something in the road, and is very distracting when driving.