2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 consumer reviews

$15,655–$19,070 MSRP range
side view of 2000 Silverado 1500 Chevrolet
Explore the 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Shop the 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

Awesome truck never getting rid of it

Bought it 1 year ago LT model Z71 package had 138000 miles it's reliable never any problems previous owner took excellent care of it no rust what so ever everyone can't believe it's 19 years old inside and out looks immaculate

One of the best pickups I've ever driven.

One of Chevrolet's fine automotive advances, the redesigned Silverado for the 2000 model year was spectacular for its time. I absolutely love this truck, it's reliable, it has decent gas mileage, and it's pretty comfortable on the inside. While mine only has a little over 70k miles, it's still a wonderful truck.

I have a 2000 Silverado z71 with 318,000 miles

Original engine and tranny. Very solid work truck Most dependable truck that I have owned. Uses about 1 pint of oil every 2000 miles. No major motor repairs just general maintainence.

Most reliable car ever.

Truck has 270,000mi. One brake pad change, U-joints, heater core flush. This is all the maintaining we have had to do to this vehicle in the 17 years we?ve had it.

3.8

Great truck with comfort and handling.

I really liked this truck better than the Fords I tried. Better than Dodge too! For the value, I like the early 2000's vintage. The new trucks are too expensive.

2.3

IT RUNS FINE 147000 MILES NO FRAME LEFT RUSTING

WORST CHEVY I EVER HAD RUST RUST RUST EVERY WHERE RUST RUNS FINE 147000 AND CAN NOT FIND A FRAME FOR IT CHEVY SHOULD SEND ME A KNEW FRAME FREE

4.0

A truck for a simple man.

My truck is a 2000 1500 4.8 engine LS. Love the overall appearance. short bed, regular cab. Just fits my needs. Tow my 17 ft fishing boat very easily. Gets me to my hunting area and can handle the rough terrain comfortably. I already have 270,000 miles on . If I can find another one like on the last year it was dropped, I would be in heaven,

My Chevy went 250 thousand

I just bought a new dodge ram it's not nearly the truck as my Chevy. I went 250 thousand without any problems, none. This ram is a piece of sh-- when it shifts into the eco mode the entire truck growles and vibretes can't stand it. Dodge says that normal

3.8

Drive one

Pretty cool can?t says bad truck cool to say someone buy it and I I have space totally for equipment and pull a trailer with out problems

4.0

Solid truck

I love the Silverados. They are a great truck, and become even better when you start putting aftermarket parts on to soup it up. The only reason I?m getting rid of my 1500 is because I bought a 2500hd. The extended cab is perfect for giving a little extra room without adding length onto the truck as a whole. The interior is comfortable. I like that the bench seat can be separated by the center console. They definitely carry some power. I?ve never had an issue hauling anything.