2005 Chevrolet Tahoe consumer reviews

side view of 2005 Tahoe Chevrolet
Explore the 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe
Shop the 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe

very good work truck

cant even tell I am pulling my work trailer. excellent work truck. needed a new truck and this is an upgrade.

Most reliable car i owned

I love the vehicle and drove it to Nashville shores to Gatlinburg and to Vanderbilt Hospital. back and forth to Vanderbilt and back. its rides like a cadilac, smooth.

05 Tahoe 2WD

Great car. Want to sell to get truck for 7000 lb.Travel Trailer towing. This truck has power but travel trailer too big to comfortably tow it!

Impressive performance

I'm totally impressed by the power and strength of this truck. If I knew it was so powerful, I've would've purchase it long ago.

So far, So good

Bought new. Eleven years later: 186k miles. Fuel, oil, filters, tires, battery & RF wheel bearing assembly have been my only expenses. The third-row seats and spare tire are a little difficult to deal with.

Fantastic Family Vehicle

Bought this 2005 southern vehicle to replace our 2000 Suburban which we bought new and had 235,000 on it. The dependability of these vehicles is second to none. Previously had a 2001 Tahoe that I used for business, and was still going strong when I sold it with 287,000 miles. Love the Autoride suspension - had that on my 01 also, and the ride & handling it provides is tremendous.

Chevy Tahoes Forever

I previously had an Expedition before the Chevy Tahoe. Always had problems. No comparison! Especially after the accident where I rolled the Tahoe & landed upside down flat as a pancake & walked out by the Grace of G-D without 1 broken bone. Yes, I was black, blue & purple & injured but this vehicle saved my life & I will buy another one. It's a solid tank. I highly recommend it. I am a senior citizen female. I hope this review has helped you.

3.4

Lots of small issues

I haven't had Major mechanical issues with the Tahoe but I have had many small issues with it as soon as the warranty ran out. 1. The Phone charger port in front quit. I have replaced the fused and as soon as another phone charger (different ones) is put in it blows again. have to charge phones and GPS from back. 2. Blower motor resistor has gone out TWICE in the front. 3. CD's get stuck in the CD player and won't come out, have to pry them out. 4. The back lift door will lock and won't unlock, There is no key hole to manually unlock and open it. Right now the back is locked and I cannot use the rear of my Tahoe and have to load groceries in the back seat. 5. Air bag light comes on periodically. Was told it was a bad sensor. Have to reset it by unhooking battery for about minutes when it starts happening. The back seat headrests cause a blind spot when trying to look behind you on passenger side. I don't like the fact the back seats are not adjustable, as the kids became teens there was lack of leg room and would have been nice to be able to move the seats back when no one was in 3rd row seats. For the price of the vehicle (this one is loaded with everything but GPS) I expect better parts and not have all these little things go out on it so quickly. It is a real nuisance not to be able to get in the back end of Tahoe. What is the point of having one if you can't access the back?

I stole this car because the deal was so good

The car was in excellent condition and it was so clean inside and the interior of the car was kept up. 70000 miles for an 8 year car no accident one driver for its lifetime. Cars.com rocks

Awesome Tahoe

I love my Chevy Tahoe! It's so roomy for the family! I recommend this vehicle for everyone especially if they have children!!