2005 Chevrolet Tahoe consumer reviews

side view of 2005 Tahoe Chevrolet
Explore the 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe
Shop the 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe

The road warrior

Bought my 2005 Z71 Tahoe late last year. I wanted an SUV that could handle family trips with safety and comfort, also handle snow, ice and mud, with some off road capability; as well as tow my large boat on occasion.. My Z71 can do it all with grace, luxury and style. It is thirsty on fuel.. but I expected that... with this brute. no way I am going to put my family in a toaster oven SUV or small car without heavy metal protection.. no complaints, love the Z71 Tahoe.

4.0

Good Value

Purchased this Tahoe after my truck was t-boned but a driver who went through a stop sign. Have always had a truck so moving to the Tahoe was a big change for me. I like the body style better than the previous models and the newer models, too boxy. 05 Tahoe was the right fit for me at this time and the price was right,

4.4

2005 Tahoe

Bought new with the Z71 package. Absolutely love interior comfort and sizing being 6'4". 100,000 miles later still like the comfort would like a bit better quality. Have replace water pump (bad gasket), instrument cluster, shift solonid, mass flow sensor, intake gaskets, fuse panel (bad wire harness cut out blower motor) and the fuel pump/sending unit needs done. I would think for building a bazillion of these Chevy would have had it all figured out by now. I foresee keeping this forever absolutely best road trip vehicle out there.

Nice looking and really comfortable

This truck/SUV is what a family needs, I love all the detail that went into this vehicle, power windows almost everything. I love that I was able to program my seat settings. This is a nice looking vehicle too, regardless of gas prices sometimes you just have to make up the difference and I'm really glad that I choose this vehicle. My entire family rides comfortable, I needed extra room to pick up my grandkids and wow I just love the way everyone feels about our mini trips.

Best 2005 Tahoe you could find!

I replaced my 2005 Chevy Tahoe with 170,000 miles (bought new in 2005) with a viturally new one with 11,400 miles on it in March 2011. My original Tahoe was extremely dependable, good body fit out of the factory, just a good vehicle. I found it's replacement [exact same car + same interiot + color] through Cars.com at Airport Chevrolet in Medford, OR. Yes, a 2005 with 11,400 original miles - it was almost showroom perfect. Thanks to Joel Dapkus and the folks at Airport Chevrolet and Cars.com - I found the perfect 2005 Tahoe.

4.3

TOUGH , DURABLE, BEST SUV I'VE OWNED

MY 05 CHEVY tAHOE IS THE MOST RELIABLE VEHICLE WE EVER OWNED. iT CAN TOW 7700 POUNDS AND HAUL 1500 POUNDS AS WELL AS 8 PPL. 5.3L V8 IS TOP NOTCH. IM THINKN 0-60 N 8.0 FLAT. IT HAS 67,00 MILES ON IT AND HAS NEVER BROKEN DWN IT PUT MY 2000 EXPEDITION TO SHAME WICH WAS TRADED N 4 MY 03 TAHOE WICH I TRADED N 4 AN 05

My husband and I fight over who gets to drive it!

I've owned my 2005 LT Tahoe for over 2 years now. It was a company (GM) car so it wasn't technically new when we bought it - about 8500 miles on it. But since it was used we were able to get a great deal with all the "bells and whistles". My dad has a 2003 Denali and my 2005 Tahoe has almost every single thing (the only things I can think of his has that mine doesn't is rear heated seats - not an issue as my kids are still in car seats and couldn't use it anyway - and an extra trip counter) his has for a much, much lower price. Things I love: Very comfortable seats. We can drive this the long haul and not get uncomfortable 2nd row captains chairs DVD player with wireless headphones so mommy and daddy can listen to the radio and not the DVD Touch screen navigation system. Upgrade from the 2003 Denali where you have to push buttons on the side Oil life indicator. You don't have to change your oil every 3,000 miles. GM has come up with an indicator letting you know when you need a change. I'm averaging around 6500 miles between changes. Helps the environment with all those unnessesary oil changes. Traction Control - this is awesome. It will kick in when the truck starts to slip. I live in icy PA and have never had an issue with snow or ice yet! Things I don't: Very heavy, cumbersome 3rd row seats. They are difficult to take in and out. Seat belts in 2nd row - hard to latch and sometimes unclick. Must be very careful when latching. The 2nd row bucket seats don't fold flat, but I never had a vehicle that did so I'm not that concerned with that "issue". I average 16.5 MPG around town and 19-20 MPG on the highway. I have the 4WD but keep it in 2WD most of the time. I have never had this vehicle in the shop for mechanical issues. It's a champ. All-in-all this is the best SUV we have owned - we had smaller ones in the past: Durango and Explorer. We won't go back. I'm staying with the Tahoe for a long, long time.

Solid

Bought brand new - have had zero problems - SOLID vehicle. Rides nice - maybe a little heavy on the gas but no suprise there - drives today like it did the day I drove it off the lot

Very, very nice.

I bought one of these and was very surprised by all of the features. Even in my base model. I can't imagine how I would feel in a fully loaded version. I would recommend this vehivcle to anyone. It consumes quite a bit of gas but it's surprisingly efficient for a vehicle of it's size. I Love it.

2005 Tahoe 4x4

Very nice vehicle in most ways. When it comes to gas I hate it! This thing sucks gas like nobody's business. The milage is laughable. But, if you can afford this vehicle then it's versatility is great for large families. We also have a 2000 suburban (which is wonderful on gas) that we also love and I drive to work daily (one way to work =50+ miles). Both are great vehicles. Tahoe has about 26k miles, Suburban has 104k miles and runs great.