2010 F-150

2010 Ford F-150

2010 Ford F-150

Have You Driven the 2010 Ford F-150?

Good bang for the buck

by Truck Enthusiast from Pa. on Sun Mar 03 2013

We shopped for a few years until we finally found what we were looking for. It's difficult to find a good used full sized regular cab Ford truck with a long bed that's not been well worn.

Just got it

by King Rach Fan -- Go Hawks! from Snohomish, WA on Sun Jul 30 2017

Truck I dreamed of -- had a Dodge Ram Cummins since 1996 but needed work and parts obsolete. Came across the 2010 King Ranch F150 and had all the features I wanted including a build-in trailed brake and heated/cooling seats & a great Sony stereo system, moon roof and on and on. Great power with the V8 5.4 Ltr engine since I haul big things. Love it!

Uses car for Towing

The Truck That Won't Quit

by Frank&PacoFresh from Oregon on Tue Feb 13 2018

This truck is the pinnacle of comfort, luxury, and interior space. The FX4 SuperCrew meets all of my needs - big enough for the family, great daily driver (although the 5.4L V8 does leave something to be desired for MPG, I chose the engine, and love it), and takes a BEATING offroad. The truck has never broken down on me, and at 115,000 is still running strong as ever.

F150 so far is great

by Mike from Michigan on Thu Mar 30 2017

I bought my 2010 F150 XLT used with 77000 miles on it. So far is great, no problems. Had plenty of get up and go and pulls my 6500 lb sailboat with no problems. First time Ford truck owner, wish I had bought one years ago.

Ford's Flagship Model

by Orange317 from Savoy, MA on Sat Apr 27 2019

A beautiful truck, mine is a Supercab Lariat model. I have yet to find a vehicle with an interior that I like as much as I do on this truck, it was the reason I searched long and hard for one with this trim. The tan leather, accented by woodgrain and silver trim with chrome accented gages along with the huge comfortable captains chairs and the suprisingly comfortable rear seat on this truck make it truly feel like a flagship model, which it is. There are a few rattles here and there in the interior, nothing extreme. It has all the power bells and whistles including a power moonroof and sliding rear window. The rear window had to be replaced once because it cracked, which was common with the 2010 models from what I hear. 2010 was the first year they offered a defroster equipped rear slider window and the glass would break after heating up and cooling down cycles. No huge deal either, insurance covered it. The ride is a little jiggly unloaded, don't forget it IS a F-150 pickup truck. I do actually use it for hauling now and then, alot of dirt bike transporting, some heavier stuff like flooring, firewood, scrap metal, general homeowner type stuff. It has handled it well. The "man-step" on the rear tailgate is really useful and I love using it. Makes climbing in and out of the bed a breeze. The performance of the 5.4L V8 is solid. I hear its a little down on power to its peers, but the 5.4L has since been updated with more powerful engines. I haven't had any issues with it in almost 100,000 miles knock on wood, so I cant knock it! A slight exhaust leak has developed recently, nothing horrible just that slight "tick"noise under load. I hope it isn't the manifold, but I hear manifold cracks are common with this engine. The transmission seems solid with some occasional hard shifts when cold. That was subject of a Ford service bulletin, there is nothing to remedy it, they just shift a little hard before they are up to normal operating temperature. I did have a small transmission leak because of a bad seal, which is another common issue with this era truck. I enjoy driving the truck, it handles pretty good for a truck, fairly tight turning radius. It is difficult to turn your head and judge the rear of the truck when backing up...thank goodness for the backup camera and proximity sensors...they help alot. Brakes could be a bit more powerful, but not bad as they are. I definitely wouldn't want them as touchy as my Father's 2016 Toyota Tacoma. The only huge issue I have with this truck is a few issues of rust/rot that I believe was premature. We live in an area where there is A LOT, probably an EXCESSIVE amount of corrosive road salt applied to the roads. This caused the rocker panels to absolutely rot to pieces to the point they had to be replaced last year. I was really dissappointed to see this happen at the relitively low age of 7 years old. The rocker panels are of a poor design, allowing salt and water to get trapped up in them and then they rot from the inside out. But I cant rip on Ford vehicles for this, it happens to just about all brands. I've seen Chevy and Dodge trucks from the same area with rust just as bad, even worse in spots. Toyotas have vehicles with their frames recalled because of rot issues. It is a total shame that so many vehicles are ruined because of salt related corrosion. The rust did break my heart a bit on this truck, but looking back on the 7 years I've owned it, its been a damn good vehicle overall. I still think its an absolute stunner exterior and interior looks wise and it still gets the job done when there is a load to haul. And nothing is sweeter then riding up front on big heated leather chairs hauling a load of scrap metal or manure in the bed!!

Excellent Value For The Money

by Pick Up Man from Pierre Part, LA on Mon Feb 22 2010

I did a lot of looking on Cars.com before ending up purchasing my F150. Cars.com really makes it easy to shop and even contact somebody when interested. All the new features on the 2010 helped finalize my decision. I pull a fiberglass boat a lot and the trailer sway package that is standard on this truck is really good. Overall I'm extremely pleased with my F150XLT. By the way the truck I ended up purchasing I found here on Cars.com.

Here I Go Again.

by ChefRon from Wisconsin on Tue Jul 20 2010

I was looking to replace my 2000 F150 XLT and the rebates and incentives got me looking at Ford again. My 2000 had the 4.6 and just hit 105,000 without a problem with the exception of some slight rust (Wisconsin winters). After testing a Dodge Ram and looking at Silverado's I ventured over to my local Ford store. The look of the FX4 is elegant but understated. Black grill and bumpers (no chrome here) add to the aggressive look of this beast. Add the 20" rims wrapped with Perelli Scorpions and you have a very smooth ride. The interior is so nice, I sometimes have a hard time believing I'm in a truck. The back seat is so spacious I could camp back there. As for it's capabilities, towing a 6,000 pound boat has never seemed so uneventful. If I didn't see it in the rearview I would've forgotten it was there. The brake assist does the job also. All in all, I would purchase this truck again.

Uses car for Towing

best driving pickup ever!

by jonluke6ft2 from Kansas city on Tue May 21 2013

This truck has truly impressed me. I purchased for the first time a vehicle with over 100,000 miles on it and honestly it drives like new. Love the ride, styling and overall performance. 4.6 3v with 6 speed automatic is quite a powerhouse. Sync system is very informative and intuitive. Well worth the money. Test drive one and you will be sold.

DRIVE one... better yet BUY ONE.

by dallasdriver214 from dallas texas on Sat Oct 09 2010

I originally went to he dealership to get an oil change on my 2006 F-150 (137,000 trouble free miles) and I went browising at the new F-150's. I hate car buying (just haggling is a nightmare) but when the sales guy told me what I could get a new one for I couldnt resist. If you are looking for a new truck now is the time.... the rebates are AWESOME!! I bought the ext cab FX2 model. What a truck! I am amazed on what a car like ride they have given it. I got the 4.6 3v V8 what an improvement over my 06 4.6 it I am averaging 19MPG. This is my third F-150... I keep trying to ell myself that this is my last truck but its hard when they keep making them more awesome every year. Best truck hands down. The F-150 isn't the Best selling VEHICLE in america for no reason. BUILT FORD TOUGH!! Other trucks try to imitate... they can... but this isnt a truck.... its an F-150.

Loved this truck...

by Pie Lady from Corsicana on Mon Dec 30 2013

This was my F150, I loved this truck, never a problem with it at all. I kept it like brand new and loved every minute of driving it. Just wanted a newer one.

Our Take on the 2010 Ford F-150

When the Ford F-150 SVT Raptor was first unveiled in 2008, auto enthusiasts of all stripes were stopped in their tracks by the sheer outrageousness of Ford’s off-road pickup truck. There has never been a factory-offered high-performance car or truck engineered to travel at speeds up to 100 mph in places where little more than rocks and sand are the only sources of traction. After several turns behind the wheel of the 5.4-liter V-8 model, we were shocked and awed by how well the Raptor fulfilled Ford’s go-fast-in-the-dirt and air-catching promises.

But suddenly, the original Raptor is a base-model truck. A new 6.2-liter V-8 Raptor has arrived with the most powerful engine available in... Read More