2010 F-150

2010 Ford F-150

2010 Ford F-150

Have You Driven the 2010 Ford F-150?

Wow, the Raptor's all it's hyped up to be!

by Huck BB62 from Anchorage, AK on Thu Oct 29 2009

Read the reviews, it's all in there. The words can't do it justice though. One look, one drive, you'll be hooked. It's even more fun once you get it home and offroad. You won't get more looks even if you had Jennifer Love Hewitt in the back in a bikini and when you're playing in the dirt, the grin and giggle muscles get a real workout! The truck's tech is great. Sync is a marvel. The hill descent is just plainly worth all the effort they put in to it. Imagine being stuck on a steep hill and being able to back safely down with no worries. Being able to lock the rear diff in 2 hi makes the truck an absolute BLAST to play with off road, a serious e-ticket ride! The looks, the function, Ford really hit a homerun with the Raptor. My one and only complaint, hence the four stars, is the steering wheel could telescope, my old injured shoulder would appreciate it. Other than that. WOW! It drives like a dream on the road and believe me, you can't turn it over in the dirt. It handles everything so well, you'll be amazed. No problems with Reliability to date. I gave it 5 stars for value because of the cost to reproduce this fine truck on your own, it'd be hard to do!

Uses car for Off-roading

This is it truck

by Truck person from Fort Myers FL on Fri Oct 30 2009

I had a 2002 super crew F150 pickup it had the 5.4 V8 270 hp 4WD drive. I drove it for 125,000 miles The only maintance I did was change oil every 5000 miles.the neg is ford Brakes had to change them every 25000 miles. I trade it in for a 2010 5.4 super crew 310hp 4wd My god what a pickup, voice and nav system super quiet 6sp and huge brakes this is a truck to look at.

Best truck

by Debug013 from West Memphis ar on Tue Dec 04 2012

My f150 4x4 with 3.73 gear super crew has 41k and not a single problem. 4.6 3v engine has plenty of power and gets great highway mileage of 19-24 mpg , city mileage not good 11-14.

Fords Raptor

by Lugnut from Southeastern CT on Fri Sep 24 2010

Ford Raptor, Fords SVT group did a real bang-up job when they came up with the Raptor idea. Does everything I want to do Everything about this truck is great, fit, finish, and performance is top notch. Nothing on the road like it.

Can't beat a F150

by Redwing from on Fri Jan 29 2010

What a great truck. The transmission is great and there is so much room in the back seat. It is a crew cab. More room than my Expedition. The reverse sensors are great for a truck this size. Looked at Dodge and Chevy and they wouldn't compare. This truck blows away the Toyota and Nissan. Its not the best selling truck for no reason.

F150 - Can't Touch This

by Detroit Al from Detroit on Thu Oct 08 2009

No one even comes close. F150 is hands down the best truck and most likely the best vehicle in the market. The construction is superior to others in the market and the vehicle drives like a limo.

Very Good Truck

by the20104.6 from Lewis County, WV on Sat Aug 21 2010

I just bought this truck used. First off it was a steal in price. It had 3,800 miles and it was priced at $28,885. My truck is an XLT, Crew Cab, 4x4, Cloth Seats, 5.5 Feet Long Bed, 4.6L 3-valve V8. Even with the mid-grade 4.6L 3-valve V8 the truck doesn't seem like it lacks any power. The power is always there. All you gotta do is press the pedal. I have 4,500 miles on the truck now and it is still great. I feel like the speedometer is off by about 5 miles per hour though. On the interstate I usually go 75, but when the speedo says 70 I feel like I'm going fast enough. That's my only complaint. This truck is getting 2 mpg better average than my old vehicle, a 2004 Ford Explorer. The truck is averaging 15.9 mpg. That's mixed driving. Towns, steep country roads, highway, etc. The rear is humongous and my kids are absolutely loving it. I do too. My wife actually wants to ride in the back more than in the front! :D The front seats have great space too. I was really surprised when I jumped in the truck for the test drive. It seemed so much bigger compared to my old Explorer, but it is. The heaviest I have towed so far is a Kubota RTV 1100 on a 2,500 pound trailer. The trailer sway control really helps. You could see it working on the 2 lane straight away roads. I passed a semi with that load. I looked in the mirror and the trailer swayed for about 2 to 3 seconds and then it was back under control. And yeah, that has been the only thing I have towed so far too. As far as features go, I don't have very many extras. I don't have the tailgate step, box side steps, SYNC, Sirius Satellite Radio, etc. My truck is pretty plain. I like the instrument cluster and the way the radio/CD player cluster is set up. It's very nice for a plain model. I have the 40/20/40 seat and I like the storage under the seat in the middle. Ford used all of the space they could in this truck. Overall, I like the truck. The exhaust sounds good for stock too. Not too loud, not too quiet. The idle is very quiet though. :D But my wife likes that. My wife actually likes this truck better than her 2007 Ford Fusion SE V6 AWD. Everytime she has to go somewhere she says "Let's take the truck!" I fear that she'll never drive her car again. lol This is a great truck and I would recommend it to ANYONE. This is a good buy and everything seems high quality.

Uses car for Towing

Electrical Nightmare!!!!!!

by Dissapointed Ford Guy from Manhattan Ks. on Mon Jan 28 2013

Third Breaklight leaked due to a faulty seal leaving a large water stain on the roof of my cab and costing me $170 to fix. Rear passanger door is not seated right causeing an annoying rattle when being driven. Electic Driver seat stoped working at 40,000 now the seat is stuck in place so my wife cannot drive the truck. Radio has internal fault and junction box bad at 48,000 miles. causing the Drivers display and heat to short every time the radio is turned on. And even when it is on, the radio produces no sound. The Ford quality really took a dive!! Ford refused to raplace the radio and junction box on a "good will" exghang and requested i give them another $800 to repair my $27,000 "cirtified" pre owned pickup i purchessed just about 7 months ago...... I will never buy another ford and i urge you not to wast the money too.

Mixed Feelings

by Truck Guy from Kansas City, Ks on Tue Mar 30 2010

I have had three Fords prior to this F150 and had never experienced any problems like I am having now. The brake booster switch went out before 100 miles and now the electronic control valve in the transmission is out with 2700 miles. I have a company truck so most of the time this one sits in the garage. I like the looks and the handling but am starting to wonder whats going to go wrong next.

Motor went after 127,000 miles

by Davesmall from Morrisville vt on Sun Jan 28 2018

I was desperate to find a reliable truck preformed well in the snow but the engine went after 127,000 thousand miles I always kept the oil changed one day the oil pump just quit and that was the end of it

Our Take on the 2010 Ford F-150

When the Ford F-150 SVT Raptor was first unveiled in 2008, auto enthusiasts of all stripes were stopped in their tracks by the sheer outrageousness of Ford’s off-road pickup truck. There has never been a factory-offered high-performance car or truck engineered to travel at speeds up to 100 mph in places where little more than rocks and sand are the only sources of traction. After several turns behind the wheel of the 5.4-liter V-8 model, we were shocked and awed by how well the Raptor fulfilled Ford’s go-fast-in-the-dirt and air-catching promises.

But suddenly, the original Raptor is a base-model truck. A new 6.2-liter V-8 Raptor has arrived with the most powerful engine available in... Read More