2017 Honda HR-V consumer reviews

side view of 2017 HR-V Honda
Explore the 2017 Honda HR-V
Shop the 2017 Honda HR-V
3.0

Why is this vehicle highly rated??

Had a 2000 Honda CRV. LOVED that car. Tried new CRV’s but did not find them comfortable or stylish. Test drove the HRV. Fit well, was cute, plenty of cargo space, reportedly good gas mileage. Purchased it, and after driving it for awhile, I would have to report many flaws: No “guts,” strange transmission (mechanic agrees), poorly placed controls (feel like I have to take eyes away to use…almost like texting), carpet is cheap and shreds, upholstered seats stain (even with water), defrost is weak and takes forever, AC just went out (5 year-old car!), gas mileage not what was originally claimed, the control screen is not intuitive and has taken awhile to know how to use, a couple door seals have come loose, back seats uncomfortable (especially headrests), hatchback gets stuck frequently… Good features: side view camera (Love!), large cargo area with rear seats down, cute… Maybe I was just sooo happy with my old CRV…wish I hadn’t purchased this car!

This car saved my life!

I was T-boned and the vehicle flipped onto the driver’s side. Side air-bag and seatbelt saved my live, sun roof was open and I crawled out literally without a scratch on me, just a bruise from the seatbelt. I loved this car and am planning to buy the same model because I trust it to keep me safe.

Best ever for me

Used to Acura, but since retiring I found I was unable to drive like a moron so I had great experiences with all my Acuras, let's try a Honda. So far best car I've owned. Height off the street is amenable. I wanted an suv, not a tank. Fits me like my stretchy pants at a buffet. I love this vehicle. It looks great even when it's dirty and the sound system is none too shabby. I hope this is my last vehicle.

Incredibly reliable

it’s much more updated than comparable makes and I love how much stuff I can fit it has a ton of space honestly idk why I’m writing this but it’s a good a— car

4.4

Maintenance is Costly

Bought as a pre certified with 5600 miles. I noticed the previous owner had changed the oil 3 times and I thought this strange. I now have 11300 miles and have had to service twice. The second "Service Due Now" was a A 1 7 Thinking I would just need another oil change, I was advised I needed oil change, Tires rotated again, transmission and brake fluids changed for a total of $825. To keep the warranty good you have to accept what you are told. Why would an auto with only 11300 miles need the transmission and brake fluid changed. And also, the tires rotated everytime you get an oil change which it seems is going to be every 2000 miles. I will not purchase another Honda but will go back to a Chevrolet.

By far the most stylish SUV I’ve owned.

It has plenty of rear cargo space and the availability of the options far exceeds the price and my expectations. Best car I’ve owned. Selling due to retirement.

Ride great

This is a small car just the right size for a lady or small person. I like the way is rides and the way it drives it has a lot of get up and go

The best car I’ve owned!

This car is amazing. It’s exactly the color I wanted it. And it has a lot of room in the front and back. I’m very happy to own a Honda HR-V and better yet a 2017.

Great vehicle

Has everything I need and wanted. Great mileage, interior clean and roomy. Exterior Sun roof is an added bonus. I am enjoying driving it and the comfort of the HRV.

4.0

Its a HONDA, of course!

Honda has always been reliable. Its a trusted name. I like the performance. I owned a different Honda in the past. Bought it brand new and it never failed me. NO major engine issues. That's why I stick to this car brand.