2017 Honda HR-V consumer reviews

side view of 2017 HR-V Honda
Explore the 2017 Honda HR-V
Shop the 2017 Honda HR-V

Love it

Love everything about this car, from the body design to the interior. It’s comfortable and drives really nice. Definitely hope to own it for a long time

Our first honda car

This car is awesome, we love it. Very comfortable inside, looks great with its color which is pearl black. Our first time to have a car manufactured by Honda.

I've totally enjoyed this car from day one

Handles very well, just enough room for my needs. USB ports a little tricky to get to but otherwise the instrument panel is well set up.

1st Honda.

This car meets my needs and is good on gas (very important). Has a slow take off, but it's a 4 cylendar. I don't like nonelctric seats nor not having wireless charging. Otherwise, I like it (so far).

3.6

Reliable car

I’m 5’2 and this car suits for me. It’s easy to drive and it’s reliable. My husband is 6’4 he drove it one time and it has plenty of leg room for him. Overall, it’s a decent looking car.

3.3

Brake failure almost got me killed!

Controls difficult to access. Very poor visibility. Great gas mileage and then the brakes failed and I was almost killed. Stay away from this model Honda which is usually reliable. I also had issues with their service department.

2.0

the drive belt makes noises on acceleration

The drive belt makes loud noiseson accelerator Brought back to dealer. Said it was known problem. But waiting on engineers to fix cause of problems. Haven got back to us. A new car with this very loud noise is not right. Very bad service from Honda. We never buy another Honda.

3.7

A great mini SUV

My wife and I have owned this car for a little over a year now. So far, it?s been a terrific primary vehicle. It?s comfortable, very roomy and all the ?bells and whistles? we need. We absolutely love the storage you get with the magic seats. My only complaints, which really are minor is the lack of engine acceleration and the CVT transmission ?droning? This vehicle is powered by a 142 hp 1.8L engine used in the Civic, so don?t expect to be able to haul trailers with it. What this vehicle is meant for is smartly getting around town and loading the back up for long trips.

3.3

Disappointment

I purchased the 2017 HR-V new to replace a much loved 2010 Honda CRV with 170,000 miles on it. I thought that I could get used to the smaller size but the 2nd row is uncomfortable. With carseats for 2 grandchildren you really cannot get a third person in the back. The rear cargo area is only good if you flip the 2nd row seats down. Honda has also significantly cheapened the interior. I recently had a deer run into my path and though I saw him right away and was only going 35 mph, I could not stop in time. The car didn't perform as well as expected and I ended up with $7500 in damages. I was ready to trade it in before the accident and did so as soon as it was repaired. I don't know how the vehicle has such high reviews. I have moved on to another brand and doubt that I would ever go back to Honda.

4.1

i own hondas since 1980, very reliable

the engine could be a little bigger, body style is fine. to many expensive options, options should be built into the price. would like the car with 18" wheels not as an option.