2017 Honda HR-V consumer reviews

side view of 2017 HR-V Honda
Explore the 2017 Honda HR-V
Shop the 2017 Honda HR-V
4.0

Very nice start to a great vehicle!!

We are a Honda vehicle family and have experienced a number of Honda models over the last 30 years. We have always been impressed with balance of performance,style and fuel economy with our Hondas. Currently we are driving a 2010 civic coupe lx with 120,000 plus miles, 2015 accord coupe ex-l with 57,000 miles and we just purchase a 2017 civic coupe si with 600 miles. My wife has recently showed interest in purchasing a small AWD crossover . We looked at a HR-V and really like the styling and size. My wife has a co-worker which owns a 2017 HR-V and offered to let us test drive it. I really like the vehicle except for two things, the fuel economy and the performance for a light little vehicle were very poor. After driving my 2010 civic and my son's 2017 civic with the 1.5 turbo which has great performance and gets 45MPG, it would be a no brainier for Honda to offer the 1.5 turbo in the upper level AWD HR-V models.

Good mileage & comfortable vehicle

At first it loved this car, the style & comfort - I am a former Jeep owner, I wanted to stay with a 4 wheel or all wheel drive vehicle and when I was invited to Rhinelander Honda this was the only vehicle I test drove. Now being a former Jeep owner , I was use to the height of that vehicle- this HVR is definitely not like a Jeep....The lowness of the HVR in the snow and mud has made this vehicle shake at 40 and above, when I took this vehicle to the service department for this problem, they knew exactly what the problem was and immediately cleaned out the wheel wells....this is my ONLY complaint on my HVR - I LOVE the style, comfort & ease of use with this vehicle AND I can easily average 40+ mpg in fuel since I do over 50 miles of driving for my daily work

4.5

Nice Little AWD

Very nice ride, handles well, lots of cargo room. Cool rear "magic seats" that fold down and flip up. Definitely one of the best sub-compact AWD's available.

3.6

Not overly impressed

This is a nice looking vehicle and has a decent ride. The console is not very well thought out. It is too tall and the cup holders are not reliable. The cup holder in the door is useless. The finish on the door handle is already wearing off. The windshield wipers are noisy and total aggravation. The back head rest are bad design and the seat belt hangs down from the top like an afterthought. The hard surfaces of the dash stay smudged and dusty, even after you just cleaned it. The recesses for the front door handles scratch easily. I am careful with my vehicles, keep them clean and serviced. This one already showing wear. Not in love with anything about it. If you have a passenger, you have to stow your purse in the back so not convenient. The floor mats on the passenger side ride up and will not stay on the entire floor.

Second time around

Jerry, my sales person awesome and the finance team. I had a Honda CR-V front wheel drive lease. Two years into my lease and I needed and AWD because of my mo e to Evergreen, Colorado. They found a Honda HR-V AWD ex 2017 brand new 45 miles. Perfect and the handled my situation very well. Thank you.

Good News for Older People

Solid. Easy to get in and out. Easy to learn computer programs. East to see all around. Can carry a lot of "stuff" with the back seats down because the floor is then flat.

Most reliable car i ever owned

We take this car on vacation with us. We love it so much we hate to get out. And it is so good in the snow. Awesome car. Will always buy a Honda. Keep up the good work.

3.6

Love this car

I was in the market for a car with more cargo room, the Honda HR-V has ample rear cargo room! Great for antiquing trips. Also like how the back seats not only fold down flat, the seat portion of the seat folds up. Driver's seat is comfortable, all accessories are easy to reach. Drives/handles very well in and out of eco mode. Only down side and it's really not that big of a deal is no auto seats.

Great Ride

Love this car. I've owned Accords, Civics, Legacy's, Mazda's and even a CRV. This HRV is by far my favorite. Just enough power. Great gas mileage, and can fit just about everything in the truck with the Magic seats.

2.3

Total Under Performer on Every Level

Terrible audio system, loud and slow. This car has totally changed my opinion of Honda Products - for the worst.