2019 Honda HR-V consumer reviews

side view of 2019 HR-V Honda
Explore the 2019 Honda HR-V
Shop the 2019 Honda HR-V
4.1

It’s cool enough for the price

I got the Sport AWD model, but all together it’s just a good quality Honda. I enjoy it, but not gonna lie it is SLOW. The AWD system works really well and the ride and drive is smooth, but the car is genuinely just not meant to be as fast. If you are aiming for speed get an Si or Acura. These are just really great on gas and give you a great sized compact suv for a really great price. Plus who doesn’t love a known brand to last 300,000+ miles.

Compact!

I love the car, because it’s a Honda and I know they can run a long long time! The HR-V is a little smaller than a CRV. It’s better for shorter drivers. More car-like than SUV. It has AWD, which I wouldn’t be without. The only part I don’t care for is that it isn’t high enough off the ground for me. Overall, I love the vehicle and am happy to finally own a Honda!

I love my car

I test drive and brought this car in September 2019 for my birthday. I had a 2009 Accord before this one. This new car is what I wanted, quiet, very quiet even with snow tires. Spacious interior and very stylish inside out. I had took my car with me for several long road trips out of province, I have no issue with it at all. It’s a small suv that you do feel it’s struggling a bit when you have 4 adults 1 kid and full load of stuff at the back. But I usually drive with 2 adults and 1 kid only and it’s doing very well. Had drove almost 20k km so far and I still loving it .

3.0

SHOP BEFORE YOU BUY

Cute SUV from the exterior. The interior is not friendly at all, no place to store your items. vehicle has no power ! I mean total gutless engine. The CVT is not up to standards. The HRV is OK for running around town and being a grocery hauler but that is about it. The seats are very uncomfortable. Shop before you buy this. Many better vehicles out there to choose from. So why did I buy it -- strange as it may seem -- I sort of like it. I know it has faults, not perfect and provides some strange times but so do some of my friends and I also am included in this. The car has its own personality -- strange one but sort of nice at the same time.

Another Practical Honda

Comfortable in town or driving across the country. Easy to connect your cell phone and use navigation. It has all necessary safety features. But I especially like the brake hold. Pushing that button allows the car to be held in a stopped position at anytime you stop the car with the break. Especially convenient at long red lights. When it turns green again, just step on the gas and the way you go. The backflow also has the magic seats. This, together with the back compartment allows you to carry many different types of items and many large items as well. It is not the fanciest car but for the price it is fairly handsome and very, very functional.

Well I don’t think I could tell he was at Honda ha

The number one thing that I’ve noticed about this vehicle is the quality that they put in it and they give you fuel efficient excellent safety features comfortable ride fairly easy to handle in and out of traffic it’s not a racer but it gets you where you’re going from A-to-Z

3.4

Automatic braking system malfunctioned often

I loved this car but because the automatic safety braking feature frequently engaged for no apparent reason, I felt afraid that I would be driving on the highway and it would brake unnecessarily and I would get rear ended and injured. I traded this in after 6 months because Honda could not fix the problem, and could not disconnect that system.

Great AWD compact SUV

This compact awd suv is very comfortable and reliable. I will recommend this vehicle to anyone wanting an suv but not anything big then this is the right one for you.

2.7

Honda HRV

It is very disappointing, the park button and amission broke in 11 months. I was almost stuck at a parking area, not able to drive back home. I had to take it the Service Dept.

Great car to drive

Compact in size but has tons of storage space. I like that I can sit high and seats are comfortable. User friendly instrument panel and versatile interior.