2017 Honda Pilot consumer reviews

$30,745–$32,545 MSRP range
side view of 2017 Pilot Honda
Explore the 2017 Honda Pilot
Shop the 2017 Honda Pilot

Love this Big loaded lux cruiser

We bought the Pilot because we needed a larger vehicle for our family. But we did not want something plain Jane...or spend 100K . The Pilot Elite answered that desire with flying colors....we love the options....can't think of one it is missing....reliability...looks and comfort...this one has it all...

This is the coolest car I've ever owned!!

This car is great! Comfortable, sporty and drives nicely. Most importantly, it has more fun interior features than anything I've ever seen. I absolutely love the sound system, voice activations, dashboard, console, etc. I am very cool in this car!!

very reliable, and affordable

Well designed good 4 wheel capability, tows 3500lbs like nothing their, well priced, plenty of options, good service , free car washes from dealer, excellent re-sale value

Trading up my Pilot

I traded in a 2015 Pilot and bought a 2017 with some miles. I loved my 2015, but after having my 2017 for a week I love this one even more. All the awesome new features and the ride is amazing. Could not be more satisfied

Most spacious car I've owned

Reliable, smooth drive, plenty of space for 8 people, easy access to go to the third row, honda sensing feature is great for longer rides.

4.4

A vehicle that has performed beyond expectations.

All in all it has been a great vehicle,it has performed well and has been dependable.The EX-L model we chose has most of the necessities we were looking for,although memory seats should be included in this trim level.The fact the apple car play is supported negates the need for factory nav.The 3 row seating is a nice feature,and there is plenty of room for passengers and cargo.So far We are pleased with our choice of vehicle.

2.3

Honda Pilot Nightmare

We purchased a 2017 Honda Pilot in December 2016 with the hope of buying a nice, reliable vehicle based on Honda's reputation. This SUV has been a nightmare. We started having service issues at approximately 10,000 miles which included the back up camera not working, the navigation system failing, a rear window leak that required multiple visits to the dealership, traction control issues, and the most significant issue was the "Emissions System Problem". The emission issue resulted in numerous visits for repairs (sometimes reported as an oil change) when we brought the vehicle in and they would perform the regular maintenance in conjunction with the warranty work. After several visits associated with the emission issue, they replaced the catalytic converter and two gaskets, which did not resolve the issue. If the vehicle had not been under warranty this would have cost us approximately $800 to repair. About a week later the light was back on and they determined not all of the cylinders were properly functioning (keep in mind this has been a long running issue). At that time they replaced the injector set as well as some cylinders, which if not under warranty this would have totaled just over $2,000. As a working mom with three kids to drive to/from school and activities dealing with these issues has been a significant burden on our family. Our vehicle currently has about 30,000 miles and is still under warranty, but we are beyond concerned about the warranty expiring. We consulted legal counsel under the lemon law and also met with the General Manager Ken Snyder as CDA Honda is a local company and our preference is to get the reliable vehicle we thought we were purchasing. In our conversation he spoke highly of what Honda does to take care of their customers and really supports the local dealerships. Ken asked if "swapping out" the vehicle would work for us (that was my request under the lemon law); however, what he really meant was trade it in as we found out in the process when his staff sprang to life with the excitement of selling a new car. After all of the transportation hardships we have dealt with for the past year and a half, the thought of paying more money (for a vehicle that might function better) just seemed completely unreasonable. We received a letter from CDA Honda approximately a month ago indicating Honda was reviewing our case and have had zero follow up from Ken Snyder or anyone else at CDA Honda. When I inquired on the status I was informed it was with Honda and out of their control. The finger pointing began and it is particularly frustrating as a consumer when we are struck with a product that is not reliable. During the purchasing process we could have saved money by going to a larger dealership or purchasing one from Boise/Seattle, but we always want to support local businesses and keep money in our local economy (cash purchase). While everyone in the service department has been friendly, there has been no effort to proactively resolve this issue and we feel that it would be absolutely unconscionable to sell this vehicle (as a private party). Historically we have purchased new vehicles and have drove them for years. We currently have a Toyota with 130,000 miles that we use for family trips since our Honda Pilot with 30,000 hasn't been reliable and we are uncomfortable driving it too far from home.

I've always loved this car...

I have always wanted this car and looked all around to find the Elite edition. I was able to find it and purchased a certified used one and LOVE it! I couldn't be happier all around with the car.

Hands down the best!

The pilot is a great SUV. It is roomy for commenting and or travel. Apple screen is nice for using applications . It handles great in the rain and snow.

4.1

First Pilot I've owned

It does not have the room my previous three Odyssey's had. The ride is more choppy than the Odyssey. I like the all wheel drive feature. Had to use a smaller cooler in back for groceries since the lid of the larger cooler hit the roof and would not open fully. Worked great in the Odyssey.