2017 Honda Pilot consumer reviews

Explore the 2017 Honda Pilot
Shop the 2017 Honda Pilot
1.4

faulty transmission

I had previously thought very highly of honda that it sold good quality, reliable cars. My opinion has since changed with the 2017 honda pilot as this has been my worst car experience. At 5 years, the transmission failed, and I was stuck with a defective part that should never have failed this soon. This defect is well known and discussed on honda forums and with so many existing issues, it seems like an unfair business practice to require the consumer to be responsible for footing the bill for a product defect. The timeline for my situation occurred just after the 65,000-mile warranty. My transmission began failing at 66,480 miles so I brought it to the dealer on December 1, 2021. The dealer performed a service and mentioned this would be the first step to repair the problem with the transmission. A few months later, at 71,033 miles, the transmission system warning light came on, and I brought it back to the dealer March 23, 2022 at which time I was told that the transmission would need to be replaced at a cost of $9,000. The dealership told me they would do me a favor and ‘share the cost’ with me so my portion would only be $5,300. I tried to negotiate further claiming a defective part, but the dealership wouldn’t budge and in fact told me that if I didn’t take the offer, they would rescind the offer. I needed a car so I agreed to pay it. I had to uber around for a couple days at the cost of $63 then I had to rent a car for $1,636. I also did quite a bit of research on what the problem was with this transmission, what internal parts actually failed, and how long this repair should take. The notion that I had marginally exceeded the warranty so the defect isn’t covered seems harsh, poor customer care, or just an excuse to avoid responsibility for manufacturing and selling a faulty part. This event is likely related to an internal failure (the clutch failing prematurely) something that should not have occurred this soon. The vehicle has been well maintained and the transmission fluid was serviced at 40,270 miles in June 2020. I was also told that if I had serviced my car 100% at honda then I would have received a better deal? This doesn’t make sense as the only service I had outside of the dealership was oil and tires – unrelated to a faulty transmission.

2.3

The worse Honda I have purchased

This suv has gave me so many problems it’s in freeman Honda records. Emissions driveshaft catalyst converter fuel injector. Wish I could declare it as a lemon just 50,000 miles. Honda should trade me a new one that’s how bad this pilot is. My forth Honda

4.1

Spacious interior

This car is a big step up from a Nissan Altima. Lots of space and the ride is smooth. The engine is a bit noisy when idle(clicking noise from the direct injection), and there's also a drone sound when acceleratinf beyond 60mph(not sure if this could be cause of the new tires or not), but other than those noises, it's a smooth machine!

One of the best cars I’ve ever owned.

This car is exactly what I needed for my family. It’s reliable and easy to handle on the road and has plenty of roomy to.

4.4

About My Car

I like my car. I test drove quite a few before deciding to purchase a Honda Pilot. I like the way the Hondas ride, the seats are more comfortable, and the gas mileage for the size of car is descent.

4.1

Over all nice car

Overall very nice Honda Pilot. Pros: blue color, gas mileage, reliability, resale value, cabin space, video player. Cons: too many buttons on steering wheel, 2017 there is push button for changing gears, 3rd row leg room.

First Honda Pilot...

I have always purchased Fords my whole life, so I broke the mold and went with the Honda Pilot for my wife’s daily driver. Purchased used Honda Certified. So far overall pretty happy with decision. Pros: good gas mileage, has a lot of bells and whistles, comfortable ride, will hold value for resale Cons: too many buttons on steering wheel, the speakers in Pilot leave something to be desired, arm rests are annoying, overall layout of car console screen is “too in depth”, hard to find all the buttons for easy quick adjustments.

Exactly what i was looking for

We choose honda for reliability, comfort, design and off course money value, i been owning hondas for a long time and i kove the way they perform.

Roomy and solid

Was looking for something with a little more power and room than my previous CR-V Test drove Pilot and it hit all the marks. Heavy enough for highway driving yet still a comfortable ride.

Best car I’ve ever had

Love it spacious and lots of features Drives quietly handles well gets good gas mileage. Love the cameras and navigation. Can’t wait to haul my grandkids some where