2017 Honda Pilot consumer reviews

side view of 2017 Pilot Honda
Explore the 2017 Honda Pilot
Shop the 2017 Honda Pilot

Most reliable SUV

This SUV Honda Pilot EX-L, met all of my needs for family of 8 peoples. Roomy, in the front, and back, with all top of the line equipment. The ride is very smooth, and safe, comparing to other SUV.

Favorite car I've ever owned!

We're a retired couple - LOVE the comfort and convenience of this model! Ease of use - safety features - design & most of all the RELIABILITY of Honda!

Most reliable, comfortable car

This car is very comfortable to drive on the freeway. It is also a safe vehicle. We are happy Honda owners. When you purchase your Honda, you will be happy too.

Lots of high end features at a reasonable price

The Pilot Elite provides all of the technology present on high-end cars at a reasonable price. With the Elite package, all you have to do is pick the color.

4th Honda! Pilot does not disappoint!

My first SUV! So excited! The Pilot is very comfortable, rides well, and handles like my Accord! Only downside, there were no mats in the car (used) and I have small kids. Not sure why and wasn?t told there weren?t any.

Great SUV for Family w/kids

The EXL-Res is a wonderful car to drive. It had plenty of room for our family of four to go on a weeks vacation. My only regret about this Pilot is I didn?t get the Touring trim.

Happy to be back in a Honda!

I've been waiting to get back into a Honda for 11 years and am so glad the day has finally arrived! After owning a Subaru for so long, it's nice to be back in comfort and reliability.

4.3

Nice Overall SUV- Control Screen is Abysmal

Expect the reliability, value, and performance that Honda is known for. This is a very attractive SUV and I like the vehicle overall. My rear seats were defective when purchased and would not lock back in place. The weather strips on the roof pulled up as well. These were my only quality issues. The dealer fixed them under warranty. The car has been good for 2-years now. I must make a special comment about the control screen in hopes someone from Honda reads this. It is horrid. Hire a human factors engineer. First, the layout is terrible. It is too busy with needless buttons. The buttons you use the most are tiny and hidden off in a corner somewhere. The response time is sluggish with no tactile or audible feedback. So you have no idea if your button push was recognized. You are also a mile down the road before the thing boots up and can do anything. Further, if you have the rear entertainment this system has constant glitches. You can't see what is going on or control it. The menu options for the entertainment are also poorly executed. There is no way to navigate a DVD menu without pushing and contorting yourself into the back seat to see the screen and using the remote controls. This is not safe at all. And the remote won't work from the front seat which makes no sense at all. If your execution of all screen based controls is this poorly thought out and executed, just go back to physical buttons.

Best car on the road.

My wife and I were worried when looking at these 3rd smaller suv?s. Couldn?t be happier with our find. The pilot is perfect for our growing family. Lots of leg room. Something we definitely worried about. Nice smooth ride. Handles great. Feels more like a car but sits a little higher so I don?t feel close to the road. Love it!

Dodge stratus

It?s real good for the price, the ride is smooth, it?s good on gas. Really fell in love with it. I hope I can be approved to butmy this car in a few months.