2020 Pilot

2020 Honda Pilot

2020 Honda Pilot

4.0

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money

Have You Driven the 2020 Honda Pilot?

Strange noise like pebbles hitting windshield

by Holly from Northampton, Massachusetts on Thu Jan 30 2020

I absolutely love this car, BUT!! I bought it 10/2019 and have brought it in several times for a strange noise that sounds like pebbles hitting the windshield and a windshield cracking sound. The sound was like nails on a chalkboard. They finally determined to replace the dashboard harness....in the shop for 4 days....a big project. Then it started happening again 1/2020. Replaced the dashboard harness again as well as the entire wiring system in the dash..I guess. Ridiculous how much time I have spent in the service department with a brand new 2020 Pilot. When I picked it up yesterday they said I was lucky I called them when I did because now the dashboard harnesses are on back order...their general manager is dealing with the same issue on the 2020 Pilot they are currently driving. Maybe now that a GM is involved Honda will take this problem seriously. I feel like no one cares that I’ve had to bring in my car so many times when I just bought it in 10/2020. Perfect car other than this.

Touring model has cracking & popping sounds

by awgray from Kennesaw, GA on Wed Mar 11 2020

Touring model has cracking & popping sounds coming from dash. This is a major defect that Honda is aware of and was present in 2019 models as well but they do not have a fix. They should not be selling the vehicle with this serious of an issue and no known fix. As great as this vehicle is on all other accounts, this electrical defect ruins the driving experience.

Does not recommend this car!!

Beware - audio and video issues

by Ironstop from Sanford, Florida on Fri Apr 24 2020

So this is the 3rd Honda Pilot that my wife and I have owned. We bought a brand new 2003, and loved it, until the transmission went out at 135,000 miles. Yes, we always had it maintained according to the Honda service schedule. Then we bought a 2013 that was 1 year old. Loved that one too and never had an issue. Now we have a 2020 'Touring' model. The first 30 days it was a fantastic vehicle. But then the crackling noise started. It comes and goes.... sometimes very loud, sometimes not so loud. Is not related to having the sound system on. Sometimes the screen blanks out... so you can be driving down the road and suddenly have no idea of how fast you are going. If you are using the navigation system, you loose that too. Everything else about the vehicle is great. There is no way that Honda didn't know about these problems before the sold me a very expensive pilot. Just google honda pilot crackling and you'll see what I mean. I'm taking it in tomorrow but I have my doubts as to whether they can fix it. So I'm feeling a little ripped off right now.

Crackling speakers

by chuck_is_not_happy from Detroit, Mi on Mon May 04 2020

I have had the same issue many on this site are reporting- Crackling speaker noise, "sounds like pebbles hitting the windshield," etc. I took it back to the dealer 3x now and it always seems fixed then the noise re-surfaces. Also, I had the speedometer go dark while driving and also the same for the radio display.

Does not recommend this car!!

Crackling speakers/ info display disconnects

by CG from MCAllen,TX on Tue May 12 2020

I wish I would have read reviews before. I have same issues as others with crackling noises from speakers, network connection error on infotainment display, dvd display or radio randomly turns off and this was 3 months after purchase of my 2020 Touring. Don’t purchase save the headache and hassle since no fix yet by Honda. I usually don’t do reviews good or bad but this had to review.

Cracking noise - known issue

by Disappointed from Columbus Ohio on Thu Jun 11 2020

Just bought it and noticed crackling noise... decided to look it up and it’s a known issue. Shame on you Honda! I would not have purchased this vehicle had I been aware of these issues.

Popping crackling noise

by Peacefrog1 from Escondido on Thu Jun 18 2020

1 month and 600 miles later..craxkling noise coming from speakers..sounds like pebbles hitting winshield..took it back to dealership service dept.They said sorry it can't be fixed at this time it's a defect common in these cars.But well notify corporate. Have a meeting with sales manager on mon..if no resolution ..I will be filling lemon law..Honda has been ignoring this problem since 2017

Honda Pilot a very reliable and spacious 7 seater

by Aubrey Muhammad from Hempstead, New York on Sun Dec 22 2019

This car fits my needs for passenger space, Fuel efficiency and comfort level. I have the EX model and it has okay control locations. I wish it had more than one control knob for the accessories. I love knobs instead of touch screens, when driving you can feel and change a knob, but touch screen adjustments are dangerous. Everything else is placed intuitively and within reach, simply laid out and make sense.

Popping/Crackling sound coming from dash

by seilee from herndon, VA on Sun Aug 30 2020

My 2020 Pilot Elite is only about 500 miles now and apparently many others are experiencing the same issue: Crackling/Popping noise coming from the dash. Started with a few pop and it's grown to a consistent loud static in the cabin. Not about speakers since changing zones do not have any effect. I've been reading that it's got to do with something about the wires being tied down too tightly behind the dash. So many having this issue - c'mon Honda. This is amateur!!!

Do not Buy this car!!!!

by Lauracroft from Bentonville AR on Tue Apr 14 2020

Honda Pilot elite brand new 2020, paid $50k is becoming my nightmare. The car start to give issues after 3 weeks with a static/popping noise all across my dashboard. Brought the car in for the first repair. Fixed. After a week the issue comes back again, but this time is the whole dashboard that goes blank intermittently, including speedometer, Bluetooth, navigation etc. brought the car in for the 2nd time, they said they could not fix it because the car was not having the issue while the service shop was having it. They gave me the car back. In less than a week the issue is back again!!!! Their customer service is a total fiasco! The case manager was a jerk. Please, make yourself a huge favor and do not buy this lemon car!!!!! I wish someone told me before I spent all this money!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14