2018 Elantra GT

2018 Hyundai Elantra GT

2018 Hyundai Elantra GT

Have You Driven the 2018 Hyundai Elantra GT?

Value of the vehicle is worth the price

by gingeykc from burlington, vt on Mon Jun 18 2018

I had a different Hyundai in mind that I was going to drive off the lot with, but I ended up in a still partially wrapped bright blue Elantra GT. The ride is smooth, the interior/exterior are excellent and the features in the base model are enough to keep anyone happy with the value. When driving in town is accelerates seamlessly, when on the interstate the sound in the cabin is stellar. The body doesn't roll much at all through on and off ramps and the vehicle doesn't feel like it's going to blow over in a strong wind. I feel safe, comfortable and in the right century in this car! I'm so happy with my purchase.

Fist time hatchback owner!

by Darfiver from Livonia on Thu Dec 07 2017

There are not many faults I can give this car...it averaged better the the listed MPGs, it's roomy, stylish and fun to drive. It reminds me of the Volkswagen Golf ..which was always a favorite of mine. For the first time hatchback owner I'm impressed... I love the Hyundai brand, they really seem to know what they are doing..

Love our Elantra

by Vinnie B. from Goodyear, AZ on Thu May 10 2018

Stylish, fuel efficient and holds the road nicely. A pleasure to drive. Our first Elantra was a lease, we decided to buy a new one when our lease ended.

Best performance for the money

by Joe Flasko from Colorado on Thu May 17 2018

After owning a Kia Optima, the Elantra GT Sport is by far a better car. The styling, performance, and fun factor difference is considerable. Although the Kia was a very nice looking car, the performance was always an issue. The Elantra had so many more features (free wifi for 3 years, including navigation, more horsepower for the money).

Great ?automobile!

by Swenzel from Chula Vista on Wed May 30 2018

I used to own an Elantra sedan. I think it was a 2003. Lasted a long time! Really liked the car. Then I drove an escape (2013) for a few years To help my parents with there walkers. Never liked it. Traded in for a 2018 elantra gt Absolutely LOVE ? this car! I am 62 years old I have driven many vehicle's Worked for airlines 31 years. Drive everything you could imagine. Bottom line is I have a great deal to compare to Pound for pound Dollar for dollar This is the BEST car I have ever owned!

3 time owner

by Phyllis from Chesapeake, VA on Sat May 05 2018

Needed room for a car seat and a Great Dane and my veloster - as much as I loved it - wasn't cutting it. The GT was a nice upgrade without having to go the sedan route.

Ballin? on a budget

by LindsayZ from Vero Beach, Florida on Sun Dec 03 2017

I used to drive an Elantra and I was dreaming of a hatchback. I never got used to the slanted windows in a regular Elantra, but the GT fixed all that. The 2018 has a boss system with a touch screen. I literally feel like I am in a space ship, because the 2018 Elantra GT is out of this world!!!

All the bang for half of the buck!

by tvandremote from Fayetteville, NC on Tue Nov 14 2017

I transferred from the Audi community to the Hyundai community with this car. The sleek design and performance/reliability of Hyundai are unmatched at the price range. The first month I owned it, it went through the ringer across the county in every climate you can think of with multiple storms and it handled better than any car I've owned. The tech package is legit and so is the conversion storage of the back with the hatchback. This car is what I needed when I got it. I needed to financially downsize vehicles and it allowed me to keep as much luxury as I wanted without keeping the price tag. Seriously well done by Hyundai.

I've owned many cars and this is the best 4$

by Tonypags1 from Newton MA on Tue Oct 23 2018

First the quality of the car is fantastic. Close doors, nice thunk, paint is very good. The interior design and quality is a class higher than this price point. I paid $17k for a gt base auto with mats and mudgaurds. Second the technology is top of class. Android auto, Sirius xm, apple CarPlay, HDradio, bluetooth all very easy to setup and navigate. BIG rear view camera with active guidelines. Android Auto turns it into an 8" google maps navigation. Nice sounding audio system even in base. Paired my phone in 10 seconds. Third, economy. I've driven 1100 miles and am averaging 33mpg mixed. Fourth, handling is awesome, sport mode changes the entire feel of the car, drives like a 9/10ths GTi. And fifth, I really like the look of this car. Understated, a look and feel of quality that you'd expect in a car costing much more. I'm very impressed with this Hyundai Elantra GT and very happy with my purchase.

A Lot of Fun for a Little Price

by Jkob44 from Lexington, KY on Sun Jul 15 2018

The car's exterior styling is pretty plain in some areas and I don't love the factory wheels. However, for the price you get a gutsy high torque turbo with great leather interior and solid tech options. The car is already fast with the dual clutch, 6.3 to 60. It has plenty of room on the inside and can expand to a great amount of cargo space. I put a K&N cold air I take on mine and it pulls really quickly with solid shifts and fast acceleration. Simple aftermarket additions could make this little turbo a monster.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2018 Hyundai Elantra GT

The verdict:

The 2018 Hyundai Elantra GT hatchback is a fun-to-drive, sporty car that can haul your stuff like a small SUV.

Versus the competition:

Euro looks and driving manners with Hyundai’s value packaging and top-shelf warranty coverage should put it on any hatchback fan’s list.

As compact car sales decline in favor of small SUVs, Hyundai believes some Americans are ready for a third option: a compact hatchback that hauls like a small SUV but offers the driving fun and economy of a car. Hyundai is doubling up in this niche market for 2018 with a redesign of its Elantra GT hatchback and a new, sportier trim: the GT Sport, with a turbocharged engine and upgraded chassis. The 2017 version was a one-size-fits-all single trim. As before, the 2018 Hyundai Elantra GT is an Elantra in name, but is actually a U.S.-badged version of Hyundai's global i30 hatchback with different underpinnings than the U.S. Elantra sedan.

The 2018 Elantra GT faces growing competition that... Read More