Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2014 Wrangler Unlimited

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Have You Driven the 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited?

My very first baby!

by Single Lady Having FUN! from Northwest Suburbs, IL on Mon Apr 28 2014

I literally drove my used 00 Ford Explorer until it didn't want to drive any further without costly repairs (and it was rusting out from under me - I had 225,000 miles on it - didn't owe me a THING). I've been working at a real, full-time job for a few years now, and the time finally came to buy my first, brand new vehicle. It took me several months to figure out what I wanted, and ranged from another Ford product, BMW, Audi, Dodge, and finally Jeep - long story short, I drove the Durango and drove the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, and loved both. It truly came down to my current stage in life - I'm single, and do not see getting married and having children within the next five years (yes, it's possible, but not likely - if it was the case, I would've gone with the Durango) - so, I went with the FUN vehicle, that happens to be an SUV that turns into a convertible so easily!! I love popping the roof off and driving around - I actually squealed with excitement the first time I drove without the top. I LOVE the Jeep community - waving to fellow Wrangler owners and having that understanding of owning the 2nd most popular vehicle in America (hence, "It's a Jeep thing - you wouldn't understand."). I can't wait to "run naked" this summer! I have to mention - 36 hours after I brought my beauty home, we were hit with a hail storm... with GOLFBALL sized hail - everything except the hood made it through without damage - it's a tough car. Also, please know that the Sahara model IS WORTH the extra money - heated seats, UConnect Bluetooth, Alpine radio system, and side steps are standard (plus, the value at trade-in will be higher). Performance and Value received 4 stars only because the gas mileage isn't the greatest for "around town" (usually 14mpg vs 18mpg on average for my one-hour work commute) and the Value - well, as mentioned, this is the 2nd most popular vehicle in America, and they do not need to come down in price because it will sell anyway (still worth every penny - trust me!).

Excellent overall, a few tweaks needed

by Whiskey Jack from Roseburg, OR on Wed May 21 2014

Bought a 2014 Rubicon new 2 months ago and absolutely love it. The new motor is great--definitely not underpowered, comfort exceeded my expectations, off-road ride and traction are excellent, it's surprisingly quiet for a vehicle with a removable roof and mud tires, and steering and braking are both quite good. However, as with all vehicles (nobody's made a perfect one yet), there are a few things I'd change if I had my druthers. To wit: (1) Gap between front fenders and front bumper should be closed off to stop tires from flinging everything they pick up all over the bumper. (2) Factory should screen the grille to protect the radiator. The holes in the grill are very large--large enough to allow a sizable rock or even a bird through that could directly impact and damage the radiator. I installed some aftermarket, snap-in grates that look good and were inexpensive, but really the manufacturer should have thought of this. (3) Mud flaps should be standard, particularly in front, as the front wheels blast the sides of the vehicle with whatever you drive through and pepper the leading edge of the rear fenders. Mine had a mere 2500 miles on before I thought to install some aftermarket flaps, and the rear fenders were already damaged by then. (4) How about real door pockets, instead of that silly little patch of elastic netting? It won't hold anything most people put in door pockets. (5) Speaking of doors, it would be nice if they would close without having to slam them. I appreciate that they're insubstantial so they can easily be removed, but it doesn't seem like it should be too hard to design them to latch without so much effort required. (6) More commodious center console storage would be nice. The shallow top tray has to be tipped backward to get into the compartment below because it forms the lid of this deeper bin, and this causes anything in the top tray to get thrown all ahoo. A bigger, shallower bin with different compartments and nothing in the lid would make more sense. (7) Some place other than the tray up on the dash would be handy to place an MP3 player that's plugged into the stereo. All of the other potential places to put it are too far away unless one uses a ridiculously long audio cable, and the player gets cooked up on the dash if it's sunny. (8) Finally, some ability to recline the rear seats would be nice. They're awfully straight up and down for someone forced to sit back there on a long trip.

Best Vehicle Purchase

by JBHawaii from Hawaii on Sun Dec 08 2013

This is my 7th vehicle purchase. I purchased a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sarah, by far the best vehicle I have ever purchased. I opted for the soft top as I live in Hawaii and it goes up and down within minutes. The interior is extremely comfortable in the front seats. Back seats are very upright and my be hard for long periods. I have 1,600 miles on it and have driven on highway, the beach and off-road trails and it has not skipped a beat! a true 4wheel drive system with an upgraded chassis and engine, the pentastar engine is fuel efficient and quite in the Sahara. I would recommend the Sarah over the sport as it has upgrades needed. The price is a little high range of its competitors or the SUV group but well worth it! Def a great second car purchase.

Love the Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

by Charlie from Fort Bragg NC on Sat Jan 03 2015

I bought a 2012 Jeep and after a couple of years driving it I decided to trade it in for another vehicle (the resale value was awesome). After driving my other vehicle for a month (F150) I realized how bad of a decision I've had made. I ran back to the Jeep Dealership and got me a 2015 Rubicon!!!! It is awesome, I love driving it!! They really grew on me!!!

In a Long Line

by Wabit from Washington, Illinois on Fri Jul 11 2014

My 2014 Wrangler Unlimited is just another of the long line of Jeeps I have owned. Since 1979 a Jeep has been a member of my family! This being the eighth one we have owned. My wife has also driven a Jeep Wrangler or unlimited for the past 25 years My 2014 now being the What can I say about reliability .. over 100K on all but one of the Jeeps I have own with no major repairs need on any of them. The 2014 Unlimited is comfortable, quiet, gets good gas mileage, and will go where most dare not to tread!

2014 jeep wrangler unlimited

by first jeep from queens long island on Thu Oct 24 2013

so far so good. definitely a truck . im so use to luxury trucks and I wanted a sporty more fun type vehicle and this definitely IS .. anyway im liking it and adding my personal touch with sporty soft top and runners...I would most certainly recommend it

Silver Jeep Wrangler

by Smut from Charlotte, NC and Pennsburg, PA on Sun Apr 27 2014

This is my second Jeep. This time I went from a 2 door to a 4 door. Much more comfortable and the 2014 is a lot better on gas and just as powerful. Excellent vehicle for the money and resale is excellent. Parts and accessories are readily available on the secondary market.

Excellent

by Bean from British Columbia on Mon Dec 23 2013

I am a first time owner of a JEEP and its awesome I love it! Its great in the snow and I am excited to take the top off in the summer. Very comfortable and love the heated seats and remote start. Never will I go back into getting a small car living in British Columbia go JEEP or go home!

Jeep Wrangler : Always on your list

by NCJeep from Charlotte NC on Thu Jul 06 2017

There's 2 types of people. You've thought about owning a Jeep Wrangler or you own one! I purchased my Wrangler new off the lot. My demands equaled Hardtop, Automatic and 4wd. This has been such a great vehicle. Very dependable as of 51,000 miles. Synthetic Oil changes and K&N Airfilters for power / fuel. I average anywhere from 18-22mpg. I run the smaller tire size and interstate radials. This provides a better ride and no rumbles behind 18 wheelers. 4wd for Winter and pulling trees while clearing land. 3 piece top is great for cruising thru mountains/beach. I can pull 2 tops off in 10min or less. The shell over backseat and trunk is a 2 person job. The Unlimited's 4 door makes it even more practical.

Blacked Out 2014 Wrangler ALTITUDE

by Wrangler Altitude Bailey from Richmond, IN on Mon Jun 30 2014

I can't say enough about this Jeep! I love it. I have had several cars, 2 Wrangler JK, Unmlimited. This vehicle rides nice, quiet, looks great, Has great sounding entertainment system. Very Happy with this purchase, Thanks to Nic Wetzel and Bill Staton at Wetzel Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Richmond, Indiana. They are class act all the way!! Highly Recommend.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Our Take on the 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Editor's note: This review was written in April 2013 about the 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2014, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

I have a problem with the saying "It's a Jeep thing; you wouldn't understand." Often asserted by hardcore Jeep fans, it's part celebration, part explanation and part admonition. Sure, it's a little bitchy and defensive, but that's not why I object. The problem is that it's outdated. No longer is there much to misunderstand about most Jeep models, from the Compass to the Grand Cherokee, whose sophistication compares more favorably to competitors. The... Read More