Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2013 Soul

2013 Kia Soul

2013 Kia Soul

Have You Driven the 2013 Kia Soul?

ECONOMICAL + FUN = KIA SOUL+

by SOULMAN 30 from Missoula, Montana on Wed Mar 06 2013

I drove it, I loved it and then I bought it. At 69 years young I thought there was nothing in the auto industry that would be appealing to me and would bring a smile to all who see it. It is designed for entry and exit by the young and the young at heart. You sit up and can see where you are going. In addition, the back up/cam is super when backing out of the parking lots. The interactive voice command feature I thought might be a little too many bells and whistles. Boy was I wrong. It was easy to learn and works great. Some times I even talk back to the electronic voice. Great car. great price. Stick with the 16 inch wheels. They are all you need in any type of weather. Enjoy your ride and try not to run over any hampsters.

OK, I don't match the typical KIA Soul owner, BUT!

by New KIA Owner from Orange County Calif on Tue Sep 04 2012

I'm a bit over 50, and I'm not a Hampster...so I don't match the image of a "hip, college age kid that likes grunge and the newest bands". But strangely enough, we we recently bought a 2012 KIA Sorento SX for my wife, and a 2012 KIA Forte for my college age daughter....I saw a lot of grey haired folks like us driving out of the KIA Dealership in brand new Souls! When I talked to the salesmen and some of the new Soul owners, I found that the roomy interior, the ease of entering and exiting the Soul, and the feel of it being a bigger vehicle was drawing older folks to the KIA Soul like moths to a bright light! And the practicality and efficiency as well as the low price and high value didn't hurt either! I mean come-on....100,000 mile waranty! Wow! Fuel economy right around 30 or so, prices starting at around $16,200 for a Base model with a 6 speed automatic and a big shovel load of standard equipment that would put other veicles to shame! 4 wheel disk brakes..the competition has rear drums! Standard Air Conditioning, standard power windows, 6 way adjustable seat, dark tinted windows, power door locks, bluetooth wireless cell phone link with steering wheel controls, keyless remote entry, tilt AND telescopic steering wheel, rear wiper, AM/FM/ CD/Sirius 4 speaker stereo, USB input jack for MP3 player hookup, a govebox that can fit a 15" laptop! And enough safety stuff to get it a 5 star crash rating and a Top Safety Pick, as well as a rating of Best Initial Owner Satisfaction in the Soul's class! I'm getting right around 26 mpg, and so far (it's a week old!) I love it. Mine is the Soul Exclaim (!) model, it has the Microsoft UVO voice system that uses your voice commands to do various functions. It also has the thumping Infinity 8 speaker system that will rattle your teeth! The 10 year 100,000 mile warranty is just icing on the cake! This 2.0L Soul Exclaim has a zero to 60 time of around 8 seconds, and the 6 speed automatic can be manually shifted for performance, handling is a bit less than a sports car obviousily, but with the 18" wheels it does handle and ride nicely. The rear seat is almost "limo" like....comfortable and roomy, lots of head room and big windows, and if you fold the rear seats down, you get a LOT of cargo space! I love this Soul!

Can't Believe How Great It Is!!

by RaysSoul from St. Louis, MO on Wed Feb 13 2013

I have NEVER commented on a site about a vehicle. This lil' urban crossover is wonderful. I opted for the 2013 Exclaim with the larger tires (heard mixed reviews on the ride, but I love the look). The higher driving position, power EVERYTHING, and back up camera are all a huge plus. Looked at other cars that were cheaper, but once I added the same features, they were significantly higher. Once behind the steering wheel, it feels like a much larger vehicle. PLENTY of room. Definitely recommend.

Very nice ride

by Bassman from Florida on Sun Oct 27 2013

I am 6"1" at 235 llbs. I still have my GMC crew cab to pull my boat. I looked at many small cars and after test driving the Soul and seeing the room I had and the peppy little 4 cylinder fuel injected motor, I bought it on the spot. The warranty was another selling factor. I am more impressed with this car the more I drive it.

better electronics

by dmrev from Fort Wayne IN on Fri Feb 08 2013

Traded in a Fusion Hybrid for a Kia Exclaim because Ford's electronics were unreliable. In comparison the Kia has been trouble free and is better built. Too bad the windshield pillar design allows so much wind noise - the company needs to make the mounting area flush. Also got rid of the 18 inch wheels for a set of oversize 15 inchers. Car was obviously designed with this base spec in mind because steering, ride, and tire noise have all improved! MIleage would also improve with a longer (lower numerical) final drive ratio. Acceleration is plenty good to make that change possible..

Nice ride

by Disappointed from Metairie, Louisiana on Mon Jan 13 2014

Very good ride for size of car. Great stability. Comfort is super. Lousy gas mileage for size of car. Advertised at 25 city and 30 highway. Getting 20 city and 22 highway. Called Kia and was given the run around. Fine a little car but do not believe the mileage on the sticker. No spare tire. Have to pay extra to get one. Do not know yet how long the car will go without a maintance problem.

Roomier on inside then it should be

by Big Boss from Natchez, Mississippi on Thu Aug 09 2012

I am a big fellow (6'-4", 440 lbs) and I can easily get in and out of this little car. The power is acceptable with seating for 5. Pretty nice little car with 32 MPG average so far

Love the styling

by Mom of Three from Pittsburgh, PA on Sat Sep 01 2012

I have had this car for almost 2 months. I am not sure I am getting the gas mileage on the sticker - it always resets itself every time I refill my tank, and starts in the low 20s, although on long trips - it reads 42+MPG that is more than the estimate. The car is fun to drive, sporty, has great space. I have found two drawbacks. One is the black interior. I have two dogs and a cat - their hair is tracked into the car on our clothing and shoes and it is very visible. Two is when I drive longer distances - the seats do become uncomfortable.

It is well with my SOUL

by KT from Florida on Wed Dec 11 2013

I just turned 16 and this is my first car. Because the 2015 Kia Soul is about to debut my parents and I got a fabulous deal. Though this car is affordable, it is not cheap at all! I got the + package and I love the blutooth system, which works better than most of the other cars I test drove, and the overall feel of the car. It is so much fun to drive. I was quite skeptical when originally approaching this car, but after driving it and hearing about the warranty and price, I was sold. I got mine in Alien green with the black interior. The black interior makes it feel expensive but, is sometimes a hassle to clean. The columns on the back create a bit more of a blind spot than I am used to but, it isn't hard to maneuver around. Overall great car.

Fun car to drive

by Keithfaninwv from Spencer, wv on Mon Mar 18 2013

I have waited a long time to get my Soul. This is my third Kia and I am a loyal customer, and I am not disappointed. Very good gas mileage, love all the technology, the backup camera, the hands free phone. Too many things to mention, but would recommend this car to anyone. Red of course!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19

Our Take on the 2013 Kia Soul

Despite its polarizing, too-young-for-some design, the 2013 Kia Soul seems to have just about everything you could need in a car, without inundating you with too many fluffy extras.

Lucky for you, a carful of tween girls blasting "Party Rock Anthem" non-stop doesn't come standard.

The five-seat Soul is available in three trim levels: base, Soul+ and the Soul! that I drove. Compare the three side-by-side here. If you're in the market for similarly priced and body-type vehicles, you should also check out the Nissan Cube and Scion xB. See them side-by-side here. The Soul hasn't changed much since last year's model, but you can compare the two here.

EXTERIOR