2013 Kia Soul consumer reviews

$14,400–$16,200 MSRP range
side view of 2013 Soul Kia
Explore the 2013 Kia Soul
Shop the 2013 Kia Soul

Inexpensive basic, reliable, transportation.

This car has been very reliable. It gets 30 mpgs or better. This is the base model with the 6 spm but the shift is easy and makes the vehicle more enjoyable to me. The interior, paint, and mechanics are holding up very good.

2.9

Electrical Mess

I have never seen a newish car have soooo many electrical problems. Basically keep your hands off the driver window controls and keep the windows locked. Rear driver's side passenger window is stuck open and front passenger window won't go up unless the passenger does it. Also had a problem starting, that was until we realized the dealship put the wront battery in. The suspension is really stiff and you have to take corners slowly. The car is very peppy and the sound system is amazing. Only if Kia had focused more on other electronics than the sound system!

My wife loved her Soul.

Purchased from Hoover Kia. Was demo car. Wife always enjoyed driving it. It's very responsive. Has USB ports, lots of room for all her stuff. Hardly had any others sit in it as we used my car for all our trips and going out.

The Best Car for the money

This Soul was my 4th Kia and I just traded it in for a 2020 Soul. I put 60K miles on this car and never had it in the shop. I replaced the tires and a battery and that was it. You can find a more reliable vehicle out there. Great ride, roomy, safe, and 30+ mpg in the city.

Car is in excellent condition

Car is in excellent condition. It runs smoothly with a clean title and has a new clutch and gears, new power steering, catalyst converter, and spark plug. Has up to date maintenance and is very well maintained for the year of the car. Text me with any questions about the car, offers or with any follow up questions on the vehicle!

This is not just a younger generations car.

Forget the hamster crap and young kids car. I'm in my mid 50s and this is a very practical car/suv. I get 33hw and 29mixed. I have the 2.0 6speed manual and it is a fun car to drive. Turning radius is quite tight. Handling is excellent, ride is pretty good, visibility is very good. Interior space is also very good. I have almost 100k on this 2013 and have only had to change both outer sway bar links $20 each. I can't think of anything this car doesn't do well. I'm not into all of the high tec dashboard amenities that some folks want so that may be a downside on the older kia souls and the towing ability is low but it can haul a set of kayaks on top and a bike rack on back with ease. Kia is the best bang for your buck out there. I have owned alot of different brands. Toyota reliability was the best for me but they are getting too expensive like alot of the other brands. One last thing. The fwd with newer tires did excellent in winter driving with all the hills here in Pa/wv.

4.0

My 2013 soul had faulty seat belt causing bad I ju

My seat belt did not clamp me back in the seat causing extensive I juries in an accident. I could not find any recalls for 2013 kid soul

3.4

Good Value

Plenty of room in the car. Was able to fit two adult sizes bikes in the back with the seats down. To do so you must remove the front wheels to do so. Terrible acceleration especially going up hills. I have been able to take it camping and fit everything I needed for three people. Would recommend if you just need as good commuting car.

Very Versatile, Practicle, and Comfortable

The square shape of this vehicle provides outstanding rear seat comfort for "full-sized" (i.e. adult) passengers. Four doors allow easy access. The SUV class height provide enhanced road visibility. the 2.0 liter engine has guts for impressive acceleration when called for. Not a "road trip" car for 4, but very comfortable for two. Split fold-down rear seat very versatile. Steering more "stiff" than most others. Average MPG about 30.

Absolutely love this car! Perfect family car!

This car was everything my family needed! Lots of space great gas mileage! Inexpensive and reliable! Great sound system and style! Shape/trunk of car allows you to fit much more then you could in any other compact size car. Purchased the plus version for a stronger engine and more power!