2016 Lexus RX 350 consumer reviews

side view of 2016 RX 350 Lexus
Explore the 2016 Lexus RX 350
Shop the 2016 Lexus RX 350

Luxury

The RX 350 met all of my needs and more! Very comfortable and smooth drive. The RX makes it easy to navigate, call and listen to the radio without taking your eyes of the road.

Very satisfied.

I went from an Audi A5 to a Rx350. I had my reservations, but I love the Rx. Very reliable and amazing comfort. It was worth the switch.

All wheel drive RX 350 FSport. Edgy. Great auto

The FSport with the all wheel drive is a fun car. Additional suspension settings are great. Has all the safety equipment. Love it. The Lexus experience was excellent. Certified vehicle.

3.0

Looks great, but..............

We previously owned a 2004 and 2010 RX, Both were great, the '10 RX350 had 111K mi when we sold it, and looked/drove new. Absolutely no repairs since new. Purchased a '16 RX350 w/most options. $52K sticker. Bought it on the internet based on great past Lexus/Toyota experience. The car looked great, but drove terribly. Always hesitated from start, then took off like a rocket- almost impossible to accelerate slowly. Worst was constant groaning at idle and lower speed- slight vibration as well. Cruise control was worthless- even on lowest sensitivity setting it would slow down way too early, then do nothing for a few beats, then abruptly take off. Very jerky, and dangerous. Hands free tailgate never worked, nor did voice activated navigation- system never got what we said. Sold the car at a huge loss to CarMax. Would consider a '16+ RX450h hybrid- different engine and transmission- but I am disappointed in Lexus- our '16 RX350 was a real loser.

The amenities are over the top.

The extra space compared to our 2009 model makes all the difference. The safety features that come standard are amazing. The fit and finish typify what you would expect in a Lexus.

Have owned Lexus cars for last 15 years

This car met all my needs. Only reason I traded was I needed depreciation for my business. The body style and ease of driving was amazing.

My 3rd RX350 because it's an excellent automobile.

Meets my needs well and is well crafted and reliable. The only improvement I'd like to see is to eliminate the "post car wash drip". I drive off and water marks stain both sides of the car. I believe the water comes from the exterior rear view mirrors, that aren't sealed at the base well enough. Also, water comes down from the rear spoiler and water spots are left on the rear window and tailgate. I have to do a post car wash/car wash to get rid of all these water marks .

4.3

Used 2016 RX350 Base

I traded in my 2016 RC350 and 2018 NX300h for a used 2016 RX350 Base model with 19,000 miles on it. It has the Nebula Gray exterior and brown interior. The color combination is great, and I love the features and drivability of this car. Even though there's plenty of power, the vehicle is heavy. Driving in Sports mode helps with better acceleration off the line and when I need to punch it in traffic. The vehicle has only one warranty issue, the child safety lock is permanently stuck on the rear drivers' door, something I'll take care of when I bring it in for service. The only downside to the vehicle is the multimedia system. The mouse controller is absolutely the worst controller to try and navigate the menu. Lexus should have gone with a circular knob surrounded by hard buttons to access some areas (ie: media, enform, info, etc). The voice activation system is old school: the system is set up in buckets, so you have to say one thing at a time (ie: music, song, then name of song). The voice system on my NX was easier, you could tell it to play a particular song in one sentence and it would do it. Overall, I'm happy with my RX. It has good quality to it and offers most of all the features I'd expect in a luxury SUV. Now if Lexus can fix their media interface and do away with the mouse/trackpad....

2.6

Drives poorly

Multiple quality issues from jammed drivers door, small gas tank, rotors that last 2 years, $1000 oil and brake fluid service to noisy rear fan. The worst for me by far is the TSB on laggy trasmission which Lexus finally issued. Its better but still drives worse than my Honda van. Lots of hesitation. The TSB software fix removed the Sport plus drive option from the car.

Very reliable

Very nice car have had 4 prior Lexus cars over past number of years always pleased and no problems which is nice. Dealership very nice and helpful just wish maintsnce could be done in Norman and did not have to drive to N OKC