2017 Mitsubishi Outlander consumer reviews

side view of 2017 Outlander Mitsubishi
Explore the 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander
Shop the 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander

Easy choice

I have owned this car since late 2017 and aside from standard maintenance, I haven’t had to do anything to this vehicle. Admittedly, I don’t drive much (I have about 41k on this car) but it’s reliability, style and safety rating made this choice easy for me. Not much room when the third row is in use but I have only used the third row one time. This hauls well (we have a hitch and a small 10ft garden trailer. I also own a 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport that we purchased for my MIL. She loves her vehicle as well.

2.9

Piece of junk

Just returned a rented one to Avis with 26,000 miles on it. Ok, it's probably been abused, but the suspension was shot. Rear wheel hop on rough road surfaces, steered itself when going over large bumps. This car is unsafe. Either didn't have or not working CarPlay. I would never waste a cent on a Mitsubishi vehicle.

Purchase of new car.

Never thought I would buy a Mitsubishi, but am really impressed with it. Has a lot of options of a more expensive car. I have owned 6 Hyundai, but should have looked up Mitsubishi first.

2017 outlander awd

love the quiet ride and the room for the grandkids heated seats so much fun to drive and the gas mileage was great i would buy a nothere one in a heart beat

Best value for the money!

I spent hours researching vehicles in this category and by far this car is the best value for the money. It has features I didn’t even realize when I bought it. Auto dimming dash lights and exterior lights including high beams. Drives beautifully and has a great turning radius for u-turns and tight curves. I love the Apple Play, the Rockford Fosgate stereo is amazing and it gets great mileage for a V-6. I use the eco mode most of the time and average 24-27 mpg driving an even combination of freeway and city miles. The blind spot notification and back up camera are truly life savers. To buy a car with all of the great features of this car by Subaru or Honda would cost $3,000-$5,000 more and neither of those brands has the great warranty Mitsubishi has. There is some road noise but I purchased window and sunroof deflectors and that has helped a lot. Bought this car used and the condition was like brand new. No chips or dents (and I went over it very carefully) . It’s lighter than the Volvo station wagon I had for 10 years but also gets better mileage and is a lot cheaper to maintain. Couldn’t be happier with my choice. I agree with the reviews that say don’t listen to the reviewers for the car and consumer magazines that test one car after another. Trust the reviews of people who have owned the car. It’s not as luxurious as some cars in its class but it has features like folding rear view mirrors that you can only get in higher end models by competitors. The V-6 is worth the extra money after having a turbo before. Most manufacturers in this class don’t even offer V-6. They may offer turbo assist but believe me that costs money to maintain. Give this car a chance. You won’t be sorry.

Best AWD vehicle I ever owned

I'm not sure where some of the dumb expert review's from other websites get their information? All the consumer review's for the Outlander GT I find are highly rated!!! Stupid liberal media that gets paid off instead of reporting the facts!!! I've owned many awd and 4x4 vehicle's and my 2017 Outlander GT handles the rugged offroad great! You may get stuck because of ground clearance, but you will never get stuck because of the AWD drivetrain. I've put my Outlander through just as much as any Jeep Wrangler or Nissan Xterra I've owned and even it surprised me on what it is capable of when you lock in the drivetrain. Give this thing a few more inches of ground clearance and it is unstoppable!!! It handles amazing on snow and ice and after 52,000 miles not a single issue with reliability. Just because some liberal expert has a crappy opinion for an Outlander they probably never drove, the cold hard facts are the consumers are happy and I feel the same way. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Great car!

This is a great car just what wanted it’s stylish and fits my family well. Happy to have 7 passenger without driving a van. It’s reliable and not too bad on gas

A Hidden Japanese Secret!

5 Stars in Reliability, Dependability, Safety Performance, Design, Features and Price. Nissan are part owners of Mitsubishi and they revised this car for 2016. It has the same transmission as the Rogue made by JATCO. It has a Japanese Engine built and made in Japan. The top 4 cylinder model has the power of a V6 when mated to the most up to date new generation CVT transmission. The SEL model has options and features at a very affordable price. This is is a dream car. My wife loved this car. I had a chance to drive 3 hours from the NJ dealer to NY and it was really fun to drive. This car is also a 7 Seater which the seats are adjustable to the passengers who are sitting in it. The car is never boring to look at. This vehicle is truly a value and getting popular as we speak. We love this car. Model - 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL model with Premium Package.

Reliable

El auto satisface mis necesidades, es amplio por dentro, muy util para mi ya que tendo yeso (cast) en un pie. Los asientos y el aire son confortables.

4.1

I’m just getting use to it

It seems to be ok I’m use to a car not an SUV. The seat isn’t as comfortable as the Altima I had before but I like how it handles on curves