2017 Mitsubishi Outlander consumer reviews

$23,495–$24,995 MSRP range
side view of 2017 Outlander Mitsubishi
Explore the 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander
Shop the 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander

Super excited about this car.

This car captured us the moment we saw it. We were out just looking but when we saw this one we knew it was the one for us and it hasn't let us down.

4.0

Nicest car I’ve owned

Bought used at 40,060 miles. Love all the extras. It’s fun to drive, nice size, love the third row seating, I’ve had mine almost a year the only problem I have is the car feels like it’s pulling back all the time like you really have to push the gas for it to go also the inside gets dirty and scratched up easy. Use seat covers because seats stain easy. I’ll have this car another 5 years so hope it’s a good one!

Trust owners reviews

The real test is by those who own them and drive them daily, not the guys who get to test drive everything. I guess if I just finished testing a BMW X6 supercharged and then started testing the outlander I might be disappointed. With that said the only way I can describe this suv is that it’s the best bang for your buck! I would by another one in a minute.

An Underrated Gem of an SUV!

The Mitsubishi Outlander truly is an underrated and underappreciated GEM of an SUV. I plead you to ignore the lukewarm reviews from so-called "automotive journalists and professionals," who all have their own agendas, biases and outside influences, and do yourself a favor and go check out/test drive the Outlander. We have the GT with the V6 engine and 6-speed transmission and are floored by how great it performs: quick acceleration, great handling, responsive braking. We're equally floored at what a nice, quiet ride it provides, despite having sporty handling - akin to my past Mazdas, BTW. The Outlander offers SO many features, which in other automakers would cost you so much more to have. It feels more expensive than what it is. It has a ton of room inside - including an emergency-use 3rd row seat. It's a great-looking crossover, inside and out. It has a BANGIN' stereo! And, It just makes an awesome new car, but an even BETTER used one - which is how we bought it. What a deal! Only minor negatives: fuel economy could be better (then, again, this IS a V6 - and they do have a more fuel efficient 4-cylinder version), the seats feel a bit too firm (though, after long road trips, it helps out my back and it doesn't hurt - try 'em on for size), the turn signal feels flimsy (and shouldn't), and the door switches should be better illuminated. (See? All minor issues that can be chalked up to to personal preference.) I'd much rather own this SUV than the GAZILLION, anonymous CRVs of the world (C'mon, people! There are other good cars besides Honda - think differently!) Overall, this is a great car and we HIGHLY recommended it.

Ive had it almost 3 years and No Issues

I bought this car after having multiple problems with my new Hyundai, 8 problems to be exact. Although not a small suv it gets amazing gas milage. Over 30 mpg driving to Vegas. I drive the speed limit for best milage results. Outside very stylish, rims cool compared to lame Chevy designs. Nice stereo system, Sirius XM great, Handeling very good, spacious, back seats slide back for more room. 3rd row seat nice but don't use. Plenty of cargo space. I have the 4 cylinder and plenty of power going up hills. Not sure why everyone thinks they need over 290 HP? It's not necessary for everday driving. I don't agree with some proffesional reviews. Very nit-picky and unfair in my opinion. This is car priced so much lower than competition. My only complaint is that although I like interior layout it's a bit cheap and inside door panels scratch easily. I have had no issues with this car. Zero. My dealer also provides free oil changes as long as I own vehicle.

very reliable car, and fun to drive

the outlander is a fun car to drive, it is reliable, and it is well worth the price for what you get in the car.

Best value for the price in a midsize siv

This car meets all my needs for a daily driver that has some substance and gets great mpg. I drive 60 miles a day and get about 30 mpg on the highway. It drives smooth and fits my 6' frame well

So far so good, do not expect to have any issues.

This car has met all my needs, style and performance. This new Outlander has been improved from previous ones that we had leased over the years, but really have never had any problems with any Outlander.

The first reliable and strong car I own

This car is the best car go to Valley of the car is a lot better first I didn't want to take this car but Paul convenience me to take the car I am paying less for the car then I thought

Easy on gas. Lots of interior room. 4WD great!

Exceeded my expectations. Seats fold flat for tons of interior space - I use it for work and family needs. Never used the two additional passenger seating - even though I thought I'd need it. They've remained flat for two years. Not even a hiccup on this car and I'm just under 50k miles. Super reliable. Sips gas - I fill up maybe once a week for $30. Regular synthetic oil changes - that's it. Four wheel job is super - very confident driving in ANY weather. I originally had a 2 year lease on this - but when I re-examined the buy-back on it - for $15k I had to buy it. Just can't find a car that good for that price!