2017 Mitsubishi Outlander consumer reviews

Explore the 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander
Shop the 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander
1.9

horrible reliability

i've owned two (both V6 models...bought brand new from their dealers). reliability is horrible...i though "made in japan" is the way to go....but to my surprise it's been very bad. Components failing, assembly issues, poor design. Plus, based on my experience dealing with Mitsu USA, the company has such a small foot print in the states that they don't quite have the financial resources to back up their flashy warranties (10 years)....they don't have the financial backing of a big company with large funds...and that comes through in all the dealings a customer would have with them....from the sale staff, to financing to service and warranty claims. At all steps , you feel like you're dealing with a mom/pop business....very low grade....as if the company can't afford any better. As far as warranty and repairs,if it is not a minor issue, they do not even what to hear about it. So between a subpar product and crappy service, one should look else where. i wanted something different than the usual honda and toyota....but i found out first hand why this brand is almost disappearing from this market....their products are not in the same league as the ones from the other more famous manufacturers. I was ridiculed when i chose this car by friends and coworkers.....now i can't argue for it anymore.

4.4

Excellent Overall

It took me a while to get used to the CVT transmission, One i did, The Outlander became a dreamy ride. The styling is nice, It is a very comfortable interior, The ride of the outlander is soft and smooth with very-very little wind noise at all. Although the engine may be just a bit under powered, I give the performance a 5 star rating for it's gas milage of average 28.5 in my case. The value for the dollar is outstanding, very hard to beat. So far i have had zero problems with the outlander. 2017 Outlander SE

Great all around SUV.

I have owned Mitsubishi SUV before (Endeavor) great and fun to drive and very quite on the highway with very accurate steering. Lots of space and the 3 row works well.

Great city suv

I test drove all the vehicles in the Outlander?s class and the Outlander was by far the best value. The S-AWC is amazing I commute 40 miles a day and the Outlander didn?t struggle once in winter conditions. The third row is also awesome to have it is bigger than the Rouge only recommend putting someone back there for shorter rides.

4.3

Excellent car

I test drove every make of vehicle in this class and chose this one. The warranty was the best and this tells me they have confidence in their cars. Also I liked the performance and my sales person knew everything about the car and could answer all my questions unlike other dealerships. They also do a special get to know your vehicle night after you purchase. The only thing I would have liked but you don?t get with this car is cubby?s on the dash for sunglasses and storage. All you get is your spot between the seats. My sister has a 2009 model still going strong and it has lots of storage cubbies.

Another Mitsubishi in the stable.

Have had a Mitsubishi in one form or another since 1987 and they all have been tough as nails. It is obvious to me that the so called "professional" writers who review Mitsubishi's have never driven one. Do not believe them, ask an owner. We could not have gotten as much vehicle for the money with any vehicle against our Outlander GT.

highlander

i love it and we do every thing with it, shopping ,trips etc i also go out of town with the car, my wife shops and go with the girls out

4.1

Great value for the money

Don?t pay attention to the auto magazine reviews. If I wanted an expensive, zippy, sporty SUV then I would have perhaps bought a BMW for $60k. I wanted a well equipped, quiet, comfortable and roomy SUV without breaking the bank and the Outlander delivered on all of these points. It has appropriate acceleration and decent handling for this type of vehicle. It looks great, has good AC, heated seats and a decent stereo and many good safety features. If you want a nice, practical SUV to haul your pets and people around at 30mpg and you could care less about jammin the accelerator and zipping at high speeds around twisty roads, this is worth a look. Keep your expectations in line and you?ll end up with a very nice vehicle for under $30k. You can?t touch a comparable SUV from other brands without forking over $5 or $10k more or buying used. I bought a 2017 SEL. It delivers exactly what I wanted in a new vehicle.

Don?t listen to the ?expert? reviews

This is simply an awesome SUV. It?s by far the best value for the money. It feels and looks much more expensive than it is. Don?t listen to the so called expert reviews. This car is whisper quiet, has plenty of room and power, and has all the features I could want. I got 32mpg on the highway on a 2 1/2 hour trip recently with it. I was only getting 19mpg on my Ford Flex I traded in for this. I had never driven or owned a Mitsubishi before a week ago, but I now think I?ll be a customer for life.

Never thought I'd own one

I bought my 2017 Outlander SE 5 mos. ago. This car is full of little surprises I have never seen in other vehicles. A few examples, are the rear wiper turns automatically when backing up of you happen to have your wipers on. It tells you when you need windshield wash. I particularly like that it has Android auto. You hook your phone up to it and Google your destination and it works flawlessly. I even use it on my commute home sometimes just to find the easiest route home. And when driven right, even in town, with the right conditions of course. I can get as high as 31 and 1/2 half miles a gallon. Thats being conservative to with your driving habits. In addition to that it's very comfortable and enjoyable to drive. I bought mine about $4,000 under MSRP.