2017 Mitsubishi Outlander consumer reviews

side view of 2017 Outlander Mitsubishi
Explore the 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander
Shop the 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander

1st new car

Very compact. Light, easy to handle. Great interior features. Could do with a little more leg room.

3.6

Very unreliable and terrible customer service

Recently bought a 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL. Only has 5000 miles and the battery completely died. Had to get it towed to the nearest dealer which is an hour away to get it repaired for free of course covered under their waranty. I called to see if they can somehow bring the vehicle back to my location seeing as how the whole situation would have been avoided if the battery didn't die so early. But unfortunately they said that it wasn't their responsibility to bring it back to the customer even though their components were faulty. So now I have to drive an hour to the location to pick it up and an hour back because Mitsubishi says that isn't their responsibility. Luckily I live in California where there is not much terrible weather. But if your vehicle were to break down somewhere where its snows Good luck.

Great car for the price

I love the spacious interior. Exterior design is classic. My only reservation is the power window motor is not smooth. The trunk door is heavy and requires a lot of effort to close.

The Safety Features Make This Car

This car is great for single life and for family life. It?s classy, sporty, comfortable and affordable. I purchased the car with the touring package and the car play and safety features take this car to another level. Go test drive one today.

1.8

The Car shakes, rattles and rolls.

What a disappointment compared to other midsize suvs. Worst test drive compared to Hyundai, Honda, Nissan and Kia.

Fun to drive

Starting with the outside: I really like the style of this SUV. Its not super flashy but not boring either. The interior is very nice and and the seats are super comfy. Everything on the instrument panel is easy to find and reach. We now have snow in Michigan and YES the snow traction on the S-AWC really works well, and to boot im getting really good gas mileage. For the price point and the availability of seating seven is fantastic. The third row seats are low to the floor so best for the kiddos.

Fun to drive

4.1

Recent purchase

I purchased his vehicle about a month ago. I noticed I get better gas mileage with the cheaper gas than with premium it?s only about a 30 mile difference but that?s nearly two days additional of driving for me. Comfort wise I chose the base model the cloth seats are nice compared to many other manufacturers. The drivers seat isn?t very comfortable over longer drives 30 minutes or more. This car is perfect for a small family we have two teenagers and two under the age of two so it?s tough packing strollers and children at once. This car would have been better suited if the second row came with captains chairs instead of a bench. Overall this car packs a lot of features at a great price.

Love the car!

So far, the Outlander drives incredibly smoothly and feels luxurious on the inside. It compares to several of the more we?ll known mid-sized SUV?s. Great mileage and sleek appearance. Only one complaint, the front doors have to be shut hard to close them. That?s pretty small in the grand scheme of vehicle complaints.

Excellent ride and easy to handle. Enjoyable

This is the 2nd Outlander we have had. The first gave us great servise. The new one is an upgrade in several aspects -- smoother ride, improved handling.