2008 Nissan Versa

This is an extremely reliable car!

by from Hackensack, New Jersey on September 18, 2017

I put 25,000 miles on this car in nine months. It now has 188k and still runs strong. The interior fabrics held up well. It needed very little maintenance. Great car!

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by from on August 31, 2017

I bought my car used with 30k miles on it and I would do it all over again! It's compact on the inside so my 6'6 boyfriend doesn't fit too well, but otherwise no issues. It gets great gas mileage, even with aftermarket tires & rims!

Great commuter car

by from Puyallup, WA on August 4, 2017

I bought this car used at about 60k and have had it up to 92k. It gets 29 mpg around town with some freeway driving - very good. I have the SL which has a great sound system. The only repairs it's needed were a new muffler and replacing a cracked windshield. Otherwise it's extremely reliable and gets great mileage. Being older and after nearly being T-boned by a cop car with its lights running (!), I decided it was time to get something bigger and AWD but this is still a very good car so is going to a family member. The mechanic said these can go to 200k with care.

Uses car for Havingfun

Eh I would pass

by from Ma on July 9, 2017

I met with the owner of the place, took it out and was unhappy. It shook, rattled and rolled. In a bad way. I brought the facts to the dealer and he denied that it was in need of repair
Not Rated Reliability

Most economical car I ever owned

by from Kansas City, MO on June 11, 2017

Good sub compact vehicle. Economical, has decent CD player and good leg room in front. Interior in two tone colors aesthetically appealing.

great to bomb around in

by from Surrey on June 10, 2017

a basic car... not much for extras or bells and whistles but it went forever. drove it for ten years only changing oil, brakes and tires. I drove it into the ground and did no preventative maintainance yet it still purrs like a baby. best gas mileage ever

Great little car for the money

by from Saint Louis, MO on May 20, 2017

Sweet little hatchback that gets great mileage - 32mpg/hwy. Very comfy for it's size, provides a good ride on the Interstates. Three relatively large adults, and their luggage, did a round trip from St. Louis, MO to Boca Raton, FL without cracking our spines!

A Surprisingly "really bad choice!"

by from Stroudsburg, PA on May 14, 2017

It is by far, on a list of many cars that I've owned, the worst of my personal ranking. I thought a Nissan would be at least more likely than most provide the basics: reliability, safety, durability, and hopefully a bit of comfort. It doesn't. My husband has taken to be a regular "Mechanic via YouTube videos on How to fix..." A concerning trend all on it's own. But, between enormous school loans between the two of us, a toddler and other expenses, we are stuck with this now pieced together "hope it makes it" gem. Regrets all around, and I'm in need of a car for myself and our son...it won't be a "Nissan Anything!" Terrified, however of beginning this process again and having to settle for the best of the barely drivable bunch.

Solid car for the money

by from Vienna, VA on April 26, 2017

Good value. Not great at anything, not bad at anything. Actual gas mileage is probably around 25 city + highway - below listed. But, I do feel safe, and I think the seats are comfy.

Surprising Performance and Comfort frm Economy Car

by from Saint Louis, MO on March 21, 2017

Great little car for the money. Bought used, and love the 32-34 MPG that it gets. Drove it from St. Louis to Boca Raton and back (apx 2,500miles), plus a week there (another couple hundred miles), and only had to top up (3/4 tank) seven times. (so, a little more than 5 tanks of gas).

Our Expert Review: 2008 Nissan Versa