2008 Nissan Versa consumer reviews

side view of 2008 Versa Nissan
Explore the 2008 Nissan Versa
Shop the 2008 Nissan Versa
1.1

To many recall should recall subframe poorly made

Lots of problems rust rain cause subframe to rust and struts don?t hold up and needs to be replaced I think you make the cars to last for short time

Great car!

Super happy with my purchase today. This car is everything I need especially just finishing school and not having a lot of money.

3.1

Do not buy.

Ok yes the star rating is not too bad. It is a good vehicle, dependable, until the transmission goes out. Like most vehicles it is expensive, however the 2008 NISSAN VERSA has a CAT transmission, the only year by the way those were ever made. There is no repairing those, because something else would break in it. Instead a new one has to be purchased. I found out a NISSAN car dealership has to be the one to install those. As one can imagine the cost is crazy, $4500! Sent the car back. Please do not purchase a 2008 NISSAN product, as I have been informed that was the only year the CVT was made, and it is only in the NISSAN products.

4.2

reliable vechile

car met my needs. This car had regular maintenance, this car has had minimal problems. The exhaust had to be replaced because of rust.

4.0

Just an Honest reliable car

We?ve owned our Nissan for almost 10 and has been incredibly reliable. With regular maintenance, this car has had minimal problems. We had to get the exhaust pipe welded because it split. The repair man said was pretty common in this cars. The repair cost $200. The car will not be winning any races, however 80 mph will not feel like 80 mph in this car. It is a very comfortable highway cruiser. Mpg is good; however, I recommend changing the spark plugs as soon you hit the recommended mileage to maintain the mpg. Lack of standard ABS is disappointing. Look for ABS equipped models when shopping for a used one. My car is equipped with the normal automatic transmission and has been very reliable.

4.3

This is an extremely reliable car!

I put 25,000 miles on this car in nine months. It now has 188k and still runs strong. The interior fabrics held up well. It needed very little maintenance. Great car!

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

I bought my car used with 30k miles on it and I would do it all over again! It's compact on the inside so my 6'6 boyfriend doesn't fit too well, but otherwise no issues. It gets great gas mileage, even with aftermarket tires & rims!

Great commuter car

I bought this car used at about 60k and have had it up to 92k. It gets 29 mpg around town with some freeway driving - very good. I have the SL which has a great sound system. The only repairs it's needed were a new muffler and replacing a cracked windshield. Otherwise it's extremely reliable and gets great mileage. Being older and after nearly being T-boned by a cop car with its lights running (!), I decided it was time to get something bigger and AWD but this is still a very good car so is going to a family member. The mechanic said these can go to 200k with care.

2.8

Eh I would pass

I met with the owner of the place, took it out and was unhappy. It shook, rattled and rolled. In a bad way. I brought the facts to the dealer and he denied that it was in need of repair

3.9

Most economical car I ever owned

Good sub compact vehicle. Economical, has decent CD player and good leg room in front. Interior in two tone colors aesthetically appealing.